Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by stevelyn
It's hard to tell the difference between Assachusetts cops and most east-coast cops from the East German Stasi.

And your experience with NH cops is........? It gets difficult to take some folks seriously anymore.

'Flave, there are still some "holdouts" in the east.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
It's hard to tell the difference between Assachusetts cops and most east-coast cops from the East German Stasi.

And your experience with NH cops is........? It gets difficult to take some folks seriously anymore.

NH K9, I don't consider your state, VT or the northern half of ME to be part of the communist occupied northeast.

I apologize for not pointing that out, but I have clarified this with you before.0

Beside, isn't Mas Ayoob your NH police ambassador to the rest of the US? grin

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, New Hampshire is quite a libertarian bastion.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NH K9

I was referencing populations as a whole.

I have no doubt there are great Americans on the east and west coast. But they are few and far between. And even those that lean right (in my experience) don't truly lean right.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by LBP
Why are you badmouthing me since your state has the kind of police I support(and other conservatives do as well) while you are ashamed of them and claim they are not there at all?

[Linked Image]

One officer out of every 116.4 is involved in police misconduct according to the graph you posted. That's less than 1%. I wonder how that compares to other professions?

Not sure, but you and I call that "misconduct" pro-active police work. I guarantee you that other occupations lack the camaraderie police have so if they were to do something that bunch calls "misconduct" that their co-workers would not assist them like police do their co-workers.

I don't know about that most professions seem reluctant to point out their colleagues errors. Its just about impossible to get a doctor, priest, lawyer, whatever to say one of their own messed up.

I wonder why police misconduct is always big news?

I also like to call it a mistake or an error when an officer commits what would be theft/rape/arson and so on if it were a civilian doing it. Glad to see we are the same on this one.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by deflave
If you guys want a real chuckle, ask sherp about rifles, handguns, or anything relating to the outdoors.

Travis

What would you like to know?

Since the questions you are asking do not pertain to the first post in this thread in any way, why are you trying to obfuscate for the police of Massachusetts? Why are you not proud of the job they are doing and why do you want to lead the focus of the thread away from them?

Don't get all misty eyed, sweetheart.

But seriously, type something about firearms or the outdoors so I can have a good chuckle.

Travis

No misty eyeed, and just a regular republican, not a og cabin type like you are so really not in to other males calling me "sweetheart".

You popped it off so ask away.

Try saying something that isn't a lie so we can all be amazed while you are at it also.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Kinda like clergy, teachers, foster home administrators, etc, I guess.

I thought police were civilians, I didn't know they were subject to the UCMJ.

I'm still wondering why police misconduct is big news?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously.. Who here hasn't figured out that sherp is Take a pee?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP

The only other occupational group that displays the aid to co-workers that police do are Catholic clergy when someone pipes up claiming to have been abused and I think that after all the negative press they were getting on that they may have stopped. Pretty sure every group that commits rape, gets labeled as a rapist in the press, not as someone who made an error. I am like you with police who commit "rape" and I just call it an error, blame it on the victim, or claim it was because the officer was not getting paid enough.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm terrible at math but my Google'fu is strong. Based on Sherps graph 1 in 116.4 officers are involved in police misconduct that's something like 0.8591065292096219% according to percent calculator.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Seriously.. Who here hasn't figured out that sherp is Take a pee?

I am on here under 1 name and 1 name only. I am annoyed by people who make bogus mental deficient claims against people in an effort to defame then in a debate so I do not engage in that ignorant behavior at all.

Your fixation with take a knee and me is making your loco name seem very, very real. Are you horsing around or do you really have problems?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
I'm terrible at math but my Google'fu is strong. Based on Sherps graph 1 in 116.4 officers are involved in police misconduct that's something like 0.8591065292096219% according to percent calculator.

Yep, and those are all bogus claims.

Fortunately only 1 in 3 get convicted for it and less than that get arrested prior to the cell phone or security cam footage getting plastered all over the net.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

The only other occupational group that displays the aid to co-workers that police do are Catholic clergy when someone pipes up claiming to have been abused and I think that after all the negative press they were getting on that they may have stopped. Pretty sure every group that commits rape, gets labeled as a rapist in the press, not as someone who made an error. I am like you with police who commit "rape" and I just call it an error, blame it on the victim, or claim it was because the officer was not getting paid enough.

I don't know my buddy's wife who was a nurse finally got fired from the hospital for stealing drugs (3rd time). They sent her to this and that group for help to try and save her career before the third theft finally got her job. At least they didn't press charges against her for stealing narcotics.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

Yep, and those are all bogus claims.

Fortunately only 1 in 3 get convicted for it and less than that get arrested prior to the cell phone or security cam footage getting plastered all over the net.

I wonder what percent of criminals regardless of occupation get convicted of crimes?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP

I don't know my buddy's wife who was a nurse finally got fired from the hospital for stealing drugs (3rd time). They sent her to this and that group for help to try and save her career before the third theft finally got her job. At least they didn't press charges against her for stealing narcotics.

So the hospital employees weren't actually assisting her(ie, loading them in the trunk of her car, getting her a cart to roll them down the hall) in stealing the drugs? Big difference in that versus how police/Catholic clergy will assist each other.

Father Jim is accused of rape and gets transferred to another state or country to avoid the hassle.

Officer is forced to kill ex'lover's spouse, fellow officers don't even interview the officer and instead claim thieves stole only a wedding license in addition to knocking off the spouse.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I see sherp is still doing her best not to cry.

Best call Uterus to the rescue.

Too fuggin' funny.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by LBP

So the hospital employees weren't actually assisting her(ie, loading them in the trunk of her car, getting her a cart to roll them down the hall) in stealing the drugs? Big difference in that versus how police/Catholic clergy will assist each other.

Father Jim is accused of rape and gets transferred to another state or country to avoid the hassle.

Officer is forced to kill ex'lover's spouse, fellow officers don't even interview the officer and instead claim thieves stole only a wedding license in addition to knocking off the spouse.

No I guess they didn't load up the cart with drugs for her, they just let her continue to work and assist treating patients after the first two thefts. But I guess that's different somehow.

Last edited by LBP; 07/24/14.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
massholes......................................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Police departments seem far more often to be on the wrong side of things (the side of the elites) than Sheriff's Departments. One wonders if that's a manifestation of the fact that Chiefs are political appointees with relatively secure positions while Sheriffs are holders of elective office, directly answerable to their constituency via the ballot box. No mystery to me.

Very true, Hawk.

Actually, to my knowledge, Chief's are not "political appointee's". He might be confusing Chief's with Director's of Police/Public Safety.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Sherp,

I know you are a pro police guy so maybe you could answer a question for me. What percent of criminals regardless of occupation get convicted of crimes?

Thanks, LBP

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,497 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,973
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.