Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.

They're certainly different than cops in my town.

Travis

Well, all I know is that Mass Troopers have no sense of humor. lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LBP
Sherp,

I know you are a pro police guy so maybe you could answer a question for me. What percent of criminals regardless of occupation get convicted of crimes?

Thanks, LBP

Well, 100%. grin

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by LBP
Sherp,

I know you are a pro police guy so maybe you could answer a question for me. What percent of criminals regardless of occupation get convicted of crimes?

Thanks, LBP

Well, 100%. grin

Good point,

Ok what percent of accused persons regardless of occupation get convicted of their crime?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by bea175
Police and the Government or one and the same , it is all about controlling the Sheep they are supposedly serving

Baaa....click

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly, I don't know. There are real variables there that are just facts such as if you are a poor inner city minority who will get a court appointed Public Defender, your conviction rate will be far greater than say some fat cat with unlimited legal funds.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.

They're certainly different than cops in my town.

Travis

Not true. A friend is a MA Trooper, and while engaged in a foot chase with a known felon some years ago, decided to abruptly suspend his pursuit. Just long enough to put a round of .40 through the felon's back. Proof positive that some have a *great* sense of humor... wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by sherp
The only other occupational group that displays the aid to co-workers that police do are Catholic clergy when someone pipes up claiming to have been abused and I think that after all the negative press they were getting on that they may have stopped. Pretty sure every group that commits rape, gets labeled as a rapist in the press, not as someone who made an error. I am like you with police who commit "rape" and I just call it an error, blame it on the victim, or claim it was because the officer was not getting paid enough.

I don't know my buddy's wife who was a nurse finally got fired from the hospital for stealing drugs (3rd time). They sent her to this and that group for help to try and save her career before the third theft finally got her job. At least they didn't press charges against her for stealing narcotics.

So the hospital employees weren't actually assisting her(ie, loading them in the trunk of her car, getting her a cart to roll them down the hall) in stealing the drugs? Big difference in that versus how police/Catholic clergy will assist each other.

Father Jim is accused of rape and gets transferred to another state or country to avoid the hassle.

Officer is forced to kill ex'lover's spouse, fellow officers don't even interview the officer and instead claim thieves stole only a wedding license in addition to knocking off the spouse. [/quote]

No I guess they didn't load up the cart with drugs for her, they just let her continue to work and assist treating patients after the first two thefts. But I guess that's different somehow. [/quote]

Police actively assist each other no matter what is going on. Quite a difference.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Sherp,

Thanks, LBP

Not sure, but would guess it is normally very high when there is video of the event occurring. Police usually toss that aside in the investigation or prosecutors decline to pursue it when police are involved which is why so many local incidents involving police end up in federal court versus a civilian would be happily charged by the state the incident occurred in.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Not true. A friend is a MA Trooper, and while engaged in a foot chase with a known felon some years ago, decided to abruptly suspend his pursuit. Just long enough to put a round of .40 through the felon's back. Proof positive that some have a *great* sense of humor... wink

Even when retired Mass. Troopers show how great they are:
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=8860

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Police departments seem far more often to be on the wrong side of things (the side of the elites) than Sheriff's Departments. One wonders if that's a manifestation of the fact that Chiefs are political appointees with relatively secure positions while Sheriffs are holders of elective office, directly answerable to their constituency via the ballot box. No mystery to me.

Very true, Hawk.

Actually, to my knowledge, Chief's are not "political appointee's". He might be confusing Chief's with Director's of Police/Public Safety.

around here, the chief of police job is always an appointment. None are elected

Last edited by Mannlicher; 07/25/14.

Sam......

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While in college, my neighbor when I lived in Foxboro was a Mass State Trooper...Bill was one hell of a wonderful human being...

8 years in the Marine Corp after high school, two tours of Vietnam, came home at 26, and transferred to the Marine Reserves, and became a Mass Statie...

one of the finest people I've ever known...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He should probably read Tennessee vs Garner before he repeats that story...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Oh yeah, use Wikipedia where any idiot can modify it at will. Hell with Merriam Websters as a resource. They have only been cranking out dictionaries for close to 2 centures now so we really should use you and your agenda as a resource on the English language instead.

Didn't bother to look at it, did ya? I gave you two references, of which one was wiki - and the info there was likely cut & paste from another source. It's pretty commonly available all over the place if you look with intent to learn. But you instead just resort to another logical fallacy to bolster your argument.....and your subsequent posts do the same.

I lied about the test. The test is already in progress. Lots of time for you to score 100% before morning. Gotta go. See ya.

We already determined you were lying. When you berate someone and tell them to look up a definition and then claim Webster's isn't good enough, do we really need to know anything else about how you like to carry on conversations and debates?

Who's "we"? You gotta mouse in yer pocket?

Nice Red Herring fallacy you employed there. I didn't tell you to look up the definition of "fallacy".

Do you not understand the difference between a logical fallacy and "wrong"? You need some remedial education. Get out your google-fu and get to work.

When you google "logical fallacy", as you would have if you were honestly trying to learn anything - the first hit you get today is this....

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Fail.

Last edited by FreeMe; 07/25/14.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a gem this is....

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Seriously.. Who here hasn't figured out that sherp is Take a pee?

I am on here under 1 name and 1 name only. I am annoyed by people who make bogus mental deficient claims against people in an effort to defame then in a debate so I do not engage in that ignorant behavior at all.

Your fixation with take a knee and me is making your loco name seem very, very real. Are you horsing around or do you really have problems?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
ya know guys, it is not often that I regret posting something. This is one of those times.
What was, I thought, a legitimate, interesting observation, has become nothing more than a launch pad for loonies. Chit.

Sam......

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Travis

The dude that was shot had a gun in hand as he fled. After the usual hullabaloo he (the MST) was cleared of any wrongdoing. And everyone lived happily ever after. Well, not everyone, but everyone who mattered...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Who's "we"? You gotta mouse in yer pocket?

Nice Red Herring fallacy you employed there. I didn't tell you to look up the definition of "fallacy".

Do you not understand the difference between a logical fallacy and "wrong"? You need some remedial education. Get out your google-fu and get to work.

When you google "logical fallacy", as you would have if you were honestly trying to learn anything - the first hit you get today is this....

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Fail.

I just go to Webster's and use their definition. Been a gold standard for that purpose before the creator of that site was a gleam in their daddy's eye.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a gem this is....

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Seriously.. Who here hasn't figured out that sherp is Take a pee?

I am on here under 1 name and 1 name only. I am annoyed by people who make bogus mental deficient claims against people in an effort to defame then in a debate so I do not engage in that ignorant behavior at all.

Your fixation with take a knee and me is making your loco name seem very, very real. Are you horsing around or do you really have problems?

I am able to counter everything he claims without name calling or any other attempts at character assassination. He truly is fixated based on what he is doing. Now, either that is just horsing around (which I enquired about and is something someone bringing up mental state as a bogus argument would never, ever do) or he is a nut job.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Travis

The dude that was shot had a gun in hand as he fled. After the usual hullabaloo he (the MST) was cleared of any wrongdoing. And everyone lived happily ever after. Well, not everyone, but everyone who mattered...

Yep, police should be able to shoot anyone who is armed at anytime and police internal investigations usually back that up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take a pee, this is why nobody believes your green beret bullshit stories..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.