-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to see how this shakes out. The fact that CBP is saying they've got video that the cop didn't unholster is interesting.

The "hears a holster snap and sees a gun pointed at his head" seems pretty dramatically written. And that's all an account of what the teen reported, not what the adult saw. I hope it doesn't come out that the kid made anything up out of spite. But I also hope it's not true. It's a lose-lose either way.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by kwg020
Not seeing what the officers did wrong even if the scout tale is true.

Please explain. kwg

They apparently didn't want their pictures taken and they are free to use force anytime they feel their life is in danger or they want someone to comply with their desires. What do you think is wrong with that?
Assuming they have to follow the same laws as the rest of us, I guess I can do the same thing, if I don't like somebody taking my picture....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

They apparently didn't want their pictures taken and they are free to use force anytime they feel their life is in danger or they want someone to comply with their desires. What do you think is wrong with that?

We're talking Boy Scouts.... WTH did the Border Patrol have to hide that they didn't want pictures of....

and a camera is putting their lives in danger or their jobs in danger for not doing what the hell they are suppose to be doing...

They threaten and strong arm Boy Scouts to 'do what they want them to do....' they forget how to just ask nicely?

They didn't want pictures taken and that is all you need to know. Like all officers they have the guns to use on civilians to maintain compliance. They didn't shoot them which is part of their perks so what they did(if the scout tale is true) is their version of asking nicely. Get it? Got it? Good.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman

Assuming they have to follow the same laws as the rest of us, I guess I can do the same thing, if I don't like somebody taking my picture....

Police are not subject to the same laws they enforce on civilians.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by goalie

Um, a lot. They can take their desires and [bleep] themselves with them.

Why do you hate police?

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It was the picture that got things going wrong. Recently, my sister told me of a trip she was on and when approaching the border the group leader warned everybody that they must not look at the agents, they are not to speak to the agents and they are certainly not to take any pictures of the agents..

I thought that was really weird... But I guess it has to do with security in some way..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Must be an old school Customs officer if he's still using a holster with a snap.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did you, and or your parents have any other progeny/siblings that lived?..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Did you, and or your parents have any other progeny/siblings that lived?..

They are all twerps too and live in the Tompkins Square area....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

We're talking Boy Scouts.... WTH did the Border Patrol have to hide that they didn't want pictures of....

and a camera is putting their lives in danger or their jobs in danger for not doing what the hell they are suppose to be doing...

They threaten and strong arm Boy Scouts to 'do what they want them to do....' they forget how to just ask nicely?

They didn't want pictures taken and that is all you need to know. Like all officers they have the guns to use on civilians to maintain compliance. They didn't shoot them which is part of their perks so what they did(if the scout tale is true) is their version of asking nicely. Get it? Got it? Good. Heil Hitler!

Screw you douche bag! You wanna live in the police state new world order, knock yourself out.. don't try and convince the rest of us that it is the "in thing" to do...

Personally I'll trust the word of a Scout before I trust the word of some pompous Government Goon with a chip on his shoulder and an identity crisis...who was his next customer? Draw down on Grandma next because she was 'threatening his existence' by having a knitting needle in her bag with her knitting?

You are either the biggest Dumbbasss on this forum or just a troll who is camping out here for the time being to harrass other people, until you get booted from this site and move on to another...trying to justify your otherwise useless existence...

welfare rat with too much time on his hands and plenty of dope for his bong... GFY Douchebag

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a copy of the video

That is not possible, as I've been led to believe cameras are not allowed.

I wonder how many kids in the troop want to grow up and become border agents now?

Last edited by 1minute; 07/25/14.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not to rile any feathers and it's no secret what I do but here is my take on the whole situation.

They were wrong to confiscate the camera. Look on youtube and you will see people video taping agents because they hate checkpoints (it is an inconvenience to they illegal activities in my opinion). It's not too difficult to ask the scout what he took a picture of and if the agents face was on it, ask him to erase it because he did not authorize his image to be used. Done deal no need to go further.
If a scout left the area and attempted to grab a bag from the van or roof of the van as stated, how would you feel about that if you are an agent doing a search of the vehicle? Was he grabbing it because he had drugs and didn't want the agent to find it? Was he carrying a gun that he either didn't want the agent to find or was going to possibly use it? Or was he simply just grabbing his bag for a snack or an extra memory card or extra jacket to keep warm? No one knows the answer to that and officer safety is a big concern as is the chance that the scout maybe trying to hide something. Did he go too far? Posssibly if he did infact pull his weapon. But the whole gun pointing thing would have been avoided if the scout had not tried to retrieve a bag during a search.
We don't have all the details like why did he want his bag, how old the scout was, what was the purpose of the search. the story is sketchy. Those are answers the video can show and address.

Not saying it's right, but when I'm at work, I don't like anyone behind me or behind my partner, its a safety risk. I also don't let anyone go thru their bags, once again because it is a safety risk no matter how young or old they are. It's sad that we live in an era where you don't know who is a risk. I remember when I was in 7th grade and hearing about schoolmates doing drugs and drinking. Now it seems to be a common practice. Reading about how some kids go off the deep end and use weapons. We are living in an era where being vigilant is important. It's sad if you think about it.

Like I said, I see a lot of things wrong with how the situation was handled, but can understand why they don't want someone trying to get to their bag during a search. If he did pull his weapon, yeah the guy is a little too high strung and needs an eval. If they threatened the scouts, yeah they need to be better trained on how to handle a situation when a picture of them is taken. There is a lot where more training or better people skills and communication would serve in aiding to prevent situations like this.
be nice to know the truth and see that tape.

Anyways that's my take on it. guess i'll wait to be called an ahole for thinking safety first regardless of who it is. smile

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadMooner
The Canuck border agents ae usually pretty easy going and affable. Unless its a chick, then all bets are off. Some things are universal.

Coming back into the states? 90+% dick heads. It'd be funny if the lines weren't so long. They remind me of the TSA.

Same over here.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Enrique
Not to rile any feathers and it's no secret what I do but here is my take on the whole situation.

They were wrong to confiscate the camera. Look on youtube and you will see people video taping agents because they hate checkpoints (it is an inconvenience to they illegal activities in my opinion). It's not too difficult to ask the scout what he took a picture of and if the agents face was on it, ask him to erase it because he did not authorize his image to be used. Done deal no need to go further.
If a scout left the area and attempted to grab a bag from the van or roof of the van as stated, how would you feel about that if you are an agent doing a search of the vehicle? Was he grabbing it because he had drugs and didn't want the agent to find it? Was he carrying a gun that he either didn't want the agent to find or was going to possibly use it? Or was he simply just grabbing his bag for a snack or an extra memory card or extra jacket to keep warm? No one knows the answer to that and officer safety is a big concern as is the chance that the scout maybe trying to hide something. Did he go too far? Posssibly if he did infact pull his weapon. But the whole gun pointing thing would have been avoided if the scout had not tried to retrieve a bag during a search.
We don't have all the details like why did he want his bag, how old the scout was, what was the purpose of the search. the story is sketchy. Those are answers the video can show and address.

Not saying it's right, but when I'm at work, I don't like anyone behind me or behind my partner, its a safety risk. I also don't let anyone go thru their bags, once again because it is a safety risk no matter how young or old they are. It's sad that we live in an era where you don't know who is a risk. I remember when I was in 7th grade and hearing about schoolmates doing drugs and drinking. Now it seems to be a common practice. Reading about how some kids go off the deep end and use weapons. We are living in an era where being vigilant is important. It's sad if you think about it.

Like I said, I see a lot of things wrong with how the situation was handled, but can understand why they don't want someone trying to get to their bag during a search. If he did pull his weapon, yeah the guy is a little too high strung and needs an eval. If they threatened the scouts, yeah they need to be better trained on how to handle a situation when a picture of them is taken. There is a lot where more training or better people skills and communication would serve in aiding to prevent situations like this.
be nice to know the truth and see that tape.

Anyways that's my take on it. guess i'll wait to be called an ahole for thinking safety first regardless of who it is. smile

Kique

At the risk of you just dismissing it as me calling you names:

You misunderstand for which who's safety border agents or any other LEOs are meant to exist. They (you) are meant to exist for citizens (the scouts in this case) safety.

They (you) must not shift the risks of the job to citizens nor create new risks for citizens by inverting the priorities and placing officer safety above citizens' safety and rights.

Let's extend LEO priorities and actions to another profession, one that actually is pretty dangerous, as an example.

If the electric lineman that came to connect your new house's power thought and worked like LEOs, he would make you climb the pole and connect to the live lines while he yelled instructions from the ground.

Last edited by Rovering; 07/25/14. Reason: typo
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The scout could have been told to leave the bag alone.No need for a gun.That is child abuse as far as I am concerned.You dont threaten children with guns.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just can't believe the story as written. It doesn't make sense. No Federal Agency that I'm aware of uses snap holsters. And no, I don't believe they can just wear what they want

Heard the snap? Even if he had a snap holster, how many kids would have alerted to that sound? Not many I bet.

No pictures? People take pictures of them all the time. Video too. We've had several on this site of check points. Then there's hundreds of hours of news footage of check points, border crossings, and Federal buildings. Just in the last year.

And it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that the wrong agency is named?

I smell BS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not saying that the agent was right in what he did, because he wasn't. But isn't it the feeling of most people that they want to return home at the end of the day? I know I want to come home safe everyday, so I take ever precaution I can. not knowing what the scout was trying to get out of his bag throws up a red flag does it not? And if it doesn't you guys are high.
He had no right pulling his gun if in fact he did pull his gun. That was excessive and he should be disciplined for it and better educated in those scenarios. A simple very command would have been enough force, anything more is wrong.
As far as the picture taking goes, yeah thats bs because it happens all the time. So I'm not sure if the scout leader is lying of if the agent was full of it.

But for everyone to assume that an officer, agent, whatever should not use any sort of safety precaution to ensure he goes home at the end of the day is mind boggling. Obviously he used excessive force which is uncalled for, we all agree on that, but now someone is saying the agent has no right to his own safety is hogwash.

kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by benchman

Police are not subject to the same laws they enforce on civilians.
Yes - they are. You are wrong.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Enrique
I'm not saying that the agent was right in what he did, because he wasn't. But isn't it the feeling of most people that they want to return home at the end of the day? I know I want to come home safe everyday, so I take ever precaution I can. not knowing what the scout was trying to get out of his bag throws up a red flag does it not? And if it doesn't you guys are high.
He had no right pulling his gun if in fact he did pull his gun. That was excessive and he should be disciplined for it and better educated in those scenarios. A simple very command would have been enough force, anything more is wrong.
As far as the picture taking goes, yeah thats bs because it happens all the time. So I'm not sure if the scout leader is lying of if the agent was full of it.

But for everyone to assume that an officer, agent, whatever should not use any sort of safety precaution to ensure he goes home at the end of the day is mind boggling. Obviously he used excessive force which is uncalled for, we all agree on that, but now someone is saying the agent has no right to his own safety is hogwash.

kique

You are intentionally misunderstanding.

Continuing the analogy

Yes, it would be 'hogwash' to ask that the lineman to not use a climber's belt or insulated tools; but if he insists on making the customers climb the poles he's more dangerous than he is useful.

You LEOs insist on 'making the customers climb the poles.'

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
At least the Border Porker went home safely to his family, that's all that matters here, the rest is not relevant.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.