Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You wouldn't really be suggesting that the wankers quoting scripture here are being persecuted...would you?

I don't know....would you?
Persecute:
1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.
2. To annoy persistently; bother..

laffin'

Yeah, kinda like when one expresses a political opinion that's contrary to the team jersey wearers here. He's piled on incredibly by some of the whiners here who claim to be persecuted 'Christians'.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
after reading this thread, how can anyone think that religion zealotry is the domain of just muslims?

you've got people here demanding American engage in warfare and spill blood based on stories verbalized over a thousand years ago.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by eyeball
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).

It would seem that Daniel spoke of Antiochus 4th and his desecration of the temple and then the Lord Jesus Christ speaks of another event in that pattern. The temple will be rebuilt; the last and final antiChrist will enter the holy of holies and demand worship.

Last I checked there was still a Mosque sitting atop the Holy of Holys

There was a very good article publishedd in Biblical Archeological Reveiew back in the 80's where the author, (Asher Kaufman?) showed that the northern area of the temple mount is vacant and that is where the temple was... Kupola of the tablets etc.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).

It would seem that Daniel spoke of Antiochus 4th and his desecration of the temple and then the Lord Jesus Christ speaks of another event in that pattern. The temple will be rebuilt; the last and final antiChrist will enter the holy of holies and demand worship.

There was a very good article publishedd in Biblical Archeological Reveiew back in the 80's where the author, (Asher Kaufman?) showed that the northern area of the temple mount is vacant and that is where the temple was... Kupola of the tablets etc.

my best advice is that we'll just have to keep "adjusting" the Story, until all the parts reach a "best fit" solution.

what about the red or white heifers? I can't remember exactly and for sure, but bet there's someone here who reads understands it very well.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
In the March/April 1983 issue of the Biblical Archeology Review pages 40-58, Dr. Asher Kaufman,

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You wouldn't really be suggesting that the wankers quoting scripture here are being persecuted...would you?

I don't know....would you?

Persecute:
1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.

2. To annoy persistently; bother.

The same bunch of dolts show up on every thread pertaining to the subject of the Bible, Cristianity, etc.....

Being presented with facts contrary to your opinion is persecution??

Todays christian must have a really thin skin if a civil debate qualifies as oppression.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Introduction

So the western wall wasn't part of the temple? I think that view is a real minority position.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by KFWA
after reading this thread, how can anyone think that religion zealotry is the domain of just muslims?

you've got people here demanding American engage in warfare and spill blood based on stories verbalized over a thousand years ago.
Not only that, but the book wasn't written until hundreds of years after the events happened. Like the story couldn't have changed in that time. Of course, how would I know, I'm not a "real" Christian, just a Catholic...

Last edited by UPhiker; 07/29/14.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So the western wall wasn't part of the temple? I think that view is a real minority position.
Not one stone of the Temple was left on top of another. What they call the Western Wall is what's left of a Roman fort.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by safariman
Temple needs to be rebuilt, and despite such looking bleak right now, it WILL happen.
Wow! So Christ's sacrifice on the cross wasn't good enough? We need to go back to animal sacrifice, which was just a foreshadowing of the perfect sacrifice to come, the spotless lamb?

What an offense to God would be any effort to rebuild that which he saw fit to destroy. Anyone who supports that either doesn't know his New Testament or has set himself up against it.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Most of these "real Christians" don't seem to care much about the NT and its "turning the other cheek". They're more into the OT, with its "fire and brimstone" and "eye for an eye". When you really think about it, they aren't real Christians at all since they don't follow the peaceful Christ.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by milespatton
My usual comment on the end of the world scare tactic is that the world ends for lots of folks, every day. Be ready in what you believe. miles
Exactly.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by KFWA

Yea, we aren't the least concerned with what the Muzzies are doing. All Christians want to do is jihad due to Biblical history. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
my best advice is that we'll just have to keep "adjusting" the Story, until all the parts reach a "best fit" solution.

Gus, maybe it has something to do about you not having a clue with regard to understanding His words which are true.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/29/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Yea, we aren't the least concerned with what the Muzzies are doing. All Christians want to do is jihad due to Biblical history. wink
Yeah, let's kill them before they kill us! (sarcasm)

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We are scaring the crap out of them on a daily basis I see. Sarcasm.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Who is "them"? Is it anyone who isn't "you"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not only that, but the book wasn't written until hundreds of years after the events happened. Like the story couldn't have changed in that time. Of course, how would I know, I'm not a real Christian, just a Catholic...

You are apparently not aware of William Albright�s work. He was not a Christian. He was an archeologist. He maintained the entire New Testament was written prior to the year 70 AD. That means eye witness were still alive at the time it was written.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lu 21:20 "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

So, was he referring to 70, 1099, 1147, 1187, 1218, 1244, 1265, 1834, 1917, 1948, 1967, or 1973?

Nope, 2014.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Who is "them"? Is it anyone who isn't "you"?

I am referring to the Muzzies you are so concerned about, while living in a country you crap in every day which was made by Christians escaping religious persecution.

Why don't you look up a list of Christians persecuting Moslems in the last 30 years or so and let us know about how we are being so mean to them?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,135
Posts18,483,942
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.