Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
JV may have gotten his 1.8 mil, but I think his reputation will be damaged even more because the average Joe will percieve him as taking food of the plate of a dead war hero's widow. There is also a perception that he couldn't accept a loss in a bar fight and so had to take it to court.

Joe Bob, what did Kyle say in his depo? Did he admit that he did not punch JV? Just curious.'

Thanks,

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The case isn't over.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Chris was not there to give his side of the story. Chris isn't a liar and Jesse is who we all know him to be, a POS.

Actually, he was in a way. He gave a deposition before he died and he admitted in said deposition that he made most of the story about Ventura up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]
No, he sued Cris Kyle. When Kyle died, the suit continued, but now it was the Kyle estate. Kyle was unjustly rewarded for defaming Jesse Ventura. Now Jesse got to prove it was a lie in open court.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Still a douchebag aren't you doveeye

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by isaac
The case isn't over.

What do you see happening next? An appeal?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
So if you serve in the military you can't be sued for libel or slander? What meeting did I miss at which this rule was passed?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
He gave a deposition before he died and he admitted in said deposition that he made most of the story about Ventura up.

Proof of this?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well the case was held in Eden Prairie MN, good ol Hennepin County...why am I not surprised of the outcome.... its asinine this case ever saw the light of day..but then my faith in the Hennepin County leftist liberal court system is ZERO....

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, he was in a way. He gave a deposition before he died and he admitted in said deposition that he made most of the story about Ventura up.

The operative word here being "most", not "all".

But, if'n I were Jesse Ventura I'd turn around and give the money back, or donate ALL of it to some veterans-related cause and state that all I really wanted was to clear my name.

If his does that he wins back respect, do otherwise and he proves his critics right.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RobJordan
JV may have gotten his 1.8 mil, but I think his reputation will be damaged even more because the average Joe will percieve him as taking food of the plate of a dead war hero's widow. There is also a perception that he couldn't accept a loss in a bar fight and so had to take it to court.

Joe Bob, what did Kyle say in his depo? Did he admit that he did not punch JV? Just curious.'

Thanks,

Jordan

He still maintained that he punched Ventura, but he admitted that Ventura probably hadn't said the things he accused him of saying, he said tables did not go flying and the like as he said in his book, and he was really hazy on whether it happened inside or outside the bar.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm not a litigious fellow, but were somebody to state I said something like that about our service members, I'd probably take every recourse available.

And if you died, I'd probably continue forward.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I imagine Ventura is a modestly well off fellow, but I would be surprised if his entire net worth is more than $10 million. Heck, it might be MUCH less than that. The point?

Well, these things take on a life of their own. After the attorneys get involved expenses mount in a hurry. I figure on a deal like this with a thirty to forty percent contingency fee and costs, somewhere between half a million and a million of that is going to go to the attorneys, if they ever see or collect on the judgment. Ventura has a contract with his attorneys and I'm sure that if he were to magnanimously set aside the judgment on his own as some on this board would like, then he is going to owe that much to his attorneys. So, not being a filthy rich guy, he couldn't do that if he wanted to do it.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/30/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He still maintained that he punched Ventura, but he admitted that Ventura probably hadn't said the things he accused him of saying, he said tables did not go flying and the like as he said in his book, and he was really hazy on whether it happened inside or outside the bar.

I would still be interested in a source for this information. Thanks.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so I am reading up on this guy and apparently he's made some rather startling claims post war.

One reporter has written that Chris Kyle claimed to have killed 30 civilians from atop the Superdome in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina?

don't you go to jail for that or at least get investigated?

Last edited by KFWA; 07/30/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ventura has a contract with his attorneys and I'm sure that if he were to magnanimously set aside the judgment on his own as some on this board would like, then he is going to owe that much to his attorneys. So, not being a filthy rich guy, he couldn't do that if he wanted to do it.

It ain't rocket science, he could state exactly what you said, and then turn around and give back or donate all of the award that accrued to him. I'd guess that there are many folks out there who would do exactly that.

Again JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

I would still be interested in a source for this information. Thanks.

Rather than have you continue to passive aggressively insinuate that I am lying, I'll give you a tip.

Go to this neat place called Google. A search box will appear. In said search "Chris Kyle deposition". Then, press "enter". Magically, a list of article responsive to that search will appear. Click on the very first one. It is an article from the Minnesota Star Tribune about the trial. It tells what was shown in court from Chris Kyle's video deposition.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
so I am reading up on this guy and apparently he's made some rather startling claims post war.

One reporter has written that Chris Kyle claimed to have killed 30 civilians from atop the Superdome in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina?

don't you go to jail for that or at least get investigated?

Unverifiable legacy

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/30/14.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
My opinion:

It's pretty clear that Kyle was fabricating the Ventura story.

Regardless, I don't know what Ventura gains by pursuing this lawsuit against Kyle's estate. Kyle is somewhat of a national hero, and public opinion is gonna go against Ventura regardless of the facts.

This is really about Ventura's ego, and Kyle's ego. They are essentially the same (type of) person, personality wise. The main difference is that Kyle has killed a bunch of people, and Ventura only killed those mexicans in the Predator.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 64 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.