Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I think

Some guys will never believe that a medium capacity 6mm is 'ideal' for elk.

Some guys will never believe that lightly constructed bullets are optimum for big game hunting.

Some guys will never believe that 500 yds is a responsible distance to shoot big game. Hell, some guys believe a 30-06 is a 300yd max caliber for hunting. There are reasons why the above are true for some, and why they are false for others.

' ' added by JW for emphasis.

You are RIGHT.

You are RIGHT.

You are RIGHT.

OTOH, some here ?think? they're right about everything and they are WRONG about a lot of stuff.

Some make statements or accusation about people they 'know' NOTHING about.

"You can't fix stupid" so I don't waste my time, effort, breath, or band width, reading or responding.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
wow, now we have ballistic relativism

Last edited by n8dawg6; 07/29/14.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'wall,

You Whine very well. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that you skirted ALL things The Rifle and went WFO on your Vagina Monologue instead. It is funny,despite(and in spite off,both) it being the only [bleep] move you've got. Laffin'!

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt,as you extoll your Imaginary Pretend 300 Winny's "virtues". Touch on all particulars you dare,regarding barrel make/twist/contour/length,throating,boolits,propellants,COAL,mounts/bases/glass,drop/drift,impat velocity,etc.,if only for some more oblivious [bleep] humor.

[bleep] funnier yet,PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I will happily take the time to rub your nose even further,in your incredible [bleep] Stupidity. Just sayin'.

Cheer up...I'll use itty-bitty words so even you can understand and knowing me,I'll prolly even frost it with pics.

Laffin'!

'6,

What we got is Window Licking Whining +P+...but it's hardly any [bleep] thing "new".(grin)

Though I do enjoy the Imagination and Pretend of The Paper Hat Brigade,as they feverishly strive to do their "best" and flaunt never ending Vagina Monologues as a "Trump Card" of "vindication".

[bleep] FUNNY schit!

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Funny indeed.

GW - nice vid of how to make pigburger.

I wonder what percent of NA game taken, or attempted - require more than decent 6-7mm properly launched from a modest capacity round? Always felt if more is needed I would jump to a 338 to 9.3mm.

Surely many take the middle of the road and launch 30s at Warp.

Lest we fail to consider deer/hogs under 1/4 are the mainstay.

A good 6BR/105 will handle those all day long.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
wow, now we have ballistic relativism

You got to a point I was going to make before I could get there, n8.

I know we all have our varying experiences, and the more we have the more solid and immovable our opinions on things. Still, what is cannot be denied, unless one plans to be ignorant. So thanks, jwall, for stating it so well, in cliche form: You can't fix stupid.

Those who deny what is in order to keep their opinions unchanged are just ignorant intentionally. How much evidence to the contrary is required before one's neck can finally bend a degree or two? That is why I don't argue my experiences here: I know their validity, though many others may disagree.

Still, how many elk need to be killed with a medium capacity 6 before it is a viable elk caliber? How many animals need to be killed in their tracks with lightly constructed bullets before they become viable options? ET CETERA.

I know I am wasting my time. You just can't fix stupid.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'BR,

There's been much more headway in the development of projectiles to reliably harness increased impact speeds...than there has been in the "perfection" of "harnessing" much reduced impact speeds. Funny how it actually works.(grin)

A good guy with a good 30,is in a good position to good things. That ain't as a function of 30cal "inherent" attributes,but rather as a function of The Terminal Trilogy. Hint.

I've seen more schit botched with Boomers,than I have "lesser" chamberings and that by a factor of a whole [bleep] bunch. Have also seen more boolits zook at higher impact velocities,than I have lower impact velocities...if only obviously. Re-hint.

Prolly why NOONE here is citing a boolit,though the gals sure is frettin' headstamps.(grin)

'Shoot,

Don't go baiting poor poor stupid [bleep] 'wall...that's entrapment,just as you've duped yourself. Laffin'!

'Course you are wasting your time and as you cite obliviously,you poor dumb [bleep] ain't whistled enough boolits,to even cite a [bleep] boolit.

Bless your hearts.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Boxer,

Try a couple glasses of wine.

How did hunters of yore manage to kill big game species on the North American continent before magnums came along? How did our Canadian brethren manage to kill griz with surplus .303 British rifles? How did Americans do it all with the '06.

Years ago I saw a National Geographic program on Arctic Circle polar bears. An Inuit woman zapped the hell outta a huge one trying to break into her home with a...'06! Imagine that. She probably shot with Core-Lokts.

Now get back to your wine. It'll make you smile.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
SS - that's nothing special, go read some VHA about the Inuits using Hornets on PB wink

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Boxer,

How did hunters of yore manage to kill big game species on the North American continent before magnums came along? How did our Canadian brethren manage to kill griz with surplus .303 British rifles? How did Americans do it all with the '06.

Years ago I saw a National Geographic program on Arctic Circle polar bears. An Inuit woman zapped the hell outta a huge one trying to break into her home with a...'06! Imagine that. She probably shot with Core-Lokts.

I think you and he are kinda saying the same thing. I've never read any of his posts where he espouses big heavy magnum rounds - in fact he's primarily the opposite. His posts seem to be more of put a good quality boolit where you aim all the time and it will kill stuff. He never has said the 06 is a crap caliber nor "old boolits" don't work - just that there are a whole lot of new boolits that work better - which is true.

I think you just like to troll him - it's kinda funny when you think about it. I think perhaps he's renting space in your head.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Boxer splits hairs like nobody's business, and lumps the bottom 99.9% of gear into the same pile o' schit.

Have some thicker skin and listen. I've learned a lot off of him. Sometimes I stir the pot with him though, mainly because his responses crack me the [bleep] up.

I do disagree with his prognosis concerning lung shots, but ain't going to seriously argue that with him.

This isn't directed at you paradiddle

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't know Boxer. I grudgingly admit that though his posts are gruff, confusing(from all the phonetic swearing), and abrasive, he knows what he is talking about.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SloppyPoozy,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you weren't quite able to muster a pic of an "oxygenated" Splendid Beastie that'd fallen at your hands. Again..very GOOD call to refrain your "experience","knowledge" and "results",if only for them glaringly obvious [bleep] reasons. Laffin'!

The 303 is farrrrrrr easier on boolits,than the '06 is. Google it. If it helps your Imagination conjure more Pretend,please try to convince yourself I've never had one. Laffin'

Right Proper Drooling Dumb [bleep] Rifle,if only to fuel your Imagination further.

Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot.

Laffin'!

'BR,

Rest assured,as close as she can come...is reading about The Outdoors.

Bless her heart.

Laffin'!

'diddle,

She Trolls herself and I think it's funny that the ignorant kchunt's "best"...is so absolutely paltry.

Watch her skirt all particulars and simply Whine in general.

Funny schit!

'Hunter,

I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

It is a fortunate constant,that Imagination and Pretend are free...so The Window Lickers can "contribute" too.

Laffin'!

KchuntShot,

No [bleep] schit,you amazingly stupid [bleep]...I know WTF.

Congratulations on being such a sloooowwwwwwwwwww [bleep] learner?!?

Wow +P+.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Boxer,

I think you and he are kinda saying the same thing. I've never read any of his posts where he espouses big heavy magnum rounds - in fact he's primarily the opposite. His posts seem to be more of put a good quality boolit where you aim all the time and it will kill stuff. He never has said the 06 is a crap caliber nor "old boolits" don't work - just that there are a whole lot of new boolits that work better - which is true.

I think you just like to troll him - it's kinda funny when you think about it. I think perhaps he's renting space in your head.

No. He rambles and writes like Napoleon Dynamite thinks. If what you wrote is true, then he's repeating the elementary. Even novice hunters know that if hunters match bullets to game and put them where they're supposed to go, animals will die.

Cartridge ain't as important as stopping oxygenated blood flow.

BTW, I do get the impression that e makes stuff up in effort to prove a thesis that important to him.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Boxer,

No. He rambles and writes like Napoleon Dynamite thinks. If what you wrote is true, then he's repeating the elementary. Even novice hunters know that if hunters match bullets to game and put them where they're supposed to go, animals will die.

Cartridge ain't as important as stopping oxygenated blood flow.

BTW, I do get the impression that e makes stuff up in effort to prove a thesis that important to him.
Shot placement and bullet performance. It's not rocket science.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SloppyPoozy,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please. I'll feign my "surprise" that just ONE [bleep] picture of you with an "oxygenated" Splendid Beastie,far exceeded the "capabilities" of your hilariously contrived delusions. Do NOT "think" I'm slighting the [bleep] humor quotient though. Laffin'!

PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time,to rub your nose even further in your [bleep] Stupidity. It is just a cryin' shame,that you are devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite,to be able to cypher how far you are in over your pointy [bleep] head.

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] riot.

As an aside,just how "loud" is your Imagination,when you Pretend to "shoot" it.

PS and by the way...happiness is crushed skeletal structuring AKA The Emergency Brake,with a whole 'lotta victim lined up on a quartering poke.

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Good talk and I much appreciate the humor,of you doing your "best".

Laffin'!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya

and speaking of Ballistics,

[Linked Image]

wonder what the BC is of a 120 lb. Hill Country Hoglet launched out of an 18" dia x 4' pig canon with 1/2 plywood wad over a 1 lb coffee can of Tannerite.

I will say this. The yuk-yuks definitely increase in direct proportion to hang time.

[Linked Image]

Real enough fer ya! LOL

Best,

GWB

Phfukking idiot...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ben Lilly said it all!! 30-30 for Mt Lion,33 Win for Bear. Bigger is better!!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bigger is better...I heartily concur.

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

None of which,has anything to do with bore diameter...nor the days of yore. Not that I don't enjoy the humor of Window Lickers talking out their ass,in regards to those things they "know" the least about. Makes for some fascinating oblivious humor!

Hint.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
Ben Lilly said it all!! 30-30 for Mt Lion,33 Win for Bear. Bigger is better!!

Ben Lilly, now their was an interesting guy. Left his home and his family one day and took the dogs bear hunting and never returned. Made it his life. He even guided Pres. Theodore Roosevelt to a bear. But he would not shoot a bear or anything else on Sunday even if it strolled through his camp. That was the Lord's day. He was famous for saying "anybody can shoot a deer, it takes a man to hunt varmints".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Now, Boxer, do you think that any animal can live longer than seconds sans its heart and/or lungs?

Souci,

I haven't killed a lot of animals, but know from firsthand experience that perforated lungs do not equal death in seconds. It can take minutes and in that time I have no doubt that deer and elk can travel a mile, maybe two in that time. This is what some fellas here on the 'Fire call a "rodeo".

Here's a buck I shot with a 200gr Nosler Accubond from a 300 Win Mag. Distance was 50 yards. Both lungs were pulverized. This buck ran like he wasn't hit.

Guess which way he ran?

Downhill, of course. Check the last pic... this was the hillside I was hunting. Not exactly a Kansas cornfield. Cell-phone pics suck, but I think you get the picture.

Lucky for me he ran into a pile of blow-down, and crashed. Otherwise he might have made it to the bottom of the canyon.

So my answer to your question to Boxer is, "Hell yes a critter can live for more than 'seconds'".

Where the hell do you get this idea that animals die within seconds?

Jason

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 59 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.