Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Back in Montana hanging out at my brother's place in Billings....though the clock says i left Adelaide 14 hours ago i spent 28 traveling.....damn time travel...will head back to northeast Montana to check on my niece and daughter on Monday..

Troy and Jess were wonderful hosts and already scheming on my next trip making sure Troy will be able to take serious time off so we can just load up a tent and supplies and pick a direction and go explore....still want to meet up with Hone and battered even if the hunting wont be what i hoped due to my chitty knees...Troy got me out spotlighting one night on a chicken farm where he got one feral cat and we believe i got a second though we didnt find the body in the knee high weeds....i also hit a rabbit but not being used to warren living rabbits my heart shot meant a lost rabbit....not used to rabbits living in groups and underground unlike out cottontails and jacks...

Not ready to become an Aussie but wouldnt mind hanging out down there for a year or so with a job so that i could do alot more exploring.....really neat country with real friendly people.....other than the gun laws its hard not to like the place

Last edited by rattler; 07/31/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.though the clock says i left Adelaide 14 hours ago i spent 28 traveling.....damn time travel...

Yeah, when I came back from Vietnam, I got up into tomorrow. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
i cant believe you never came up..........right i need another yank volunteer for some buff bustin

and yes rattler you can come too

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wasnt planning on coming back to Montana either but my new niece is having some issues and ive already had the chitty experiance of loosing a nephew a few years back....really needed to come back...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Family first! You made the right choice.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
yeah good call bloke

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
battered I hope to visit Australia before I expire..rattler is good people. Traveled with him several times on hunts.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for the kind words Sheridan, I really enjoyed having you here, It was fantastic to finally meet you. Just ticked off like you that the timing was really crap. If I'd been in my old job, I would have been able to have the full time off, and really get you out into some wilderness. Been seeing those deer we spotted very regularly, last night, the four of them were only 10 metres from the road edge, in full view as all the cars drove past. Waiting for the buck to show up without antlers to go for a look to try and find the casts. Will try and get some (dead) specimens of the Bull ants out to you shortly. Hopefully customs will allow them as a scientific specimen.
Next time you're here.....road trip, South to North, via the East, and maybe a detour out west. Especially if you want to try some salt water fishing, google search Yalata beach fishing. I've yet to go there, but a good friend told me about fishing the surf gutters while the Bronze Whaler sharks cruised the flats behind, between him and the beach, not little ones either!! Said it got interesting walking into the beach, as the splashing got their attention, and he was pushing them away with his surf rod butt. All this in about two feet of water.
Rest up mate, and catch up soon.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (222ND, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,820 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.