Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
Depends on how fast your computer set up processes the ads

What adds?

Folks keep complainin' about adds, I don't get it.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Muzz
You would think the moderators would pass along the information and get this [bleep] fixed!!

Is there any other sites like this to go to?

Yes there is, try this one.

Try This Link.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Yep, I am still having a lot of trouble with the "overflow in stack 1" error on my work computer. I do not have the admin rights to switch browsers or add components. This has really limited my time on the 'fire. My work computer is much newer and I travel with it, as well as use it at home when I have it with me. It is too bad because I have not had any issues since I joined the site about 7 years ago. I guess today it is "out of memory in line 1"

Last edited by Oakster; 08/04/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People, people, what is wrong? Someone checks in who is having problems with the site; there have been 539 views and 22 replies and no one has yet reamed him a new exhaust port and declared the complete and total absolution of the site from any problems due to its being free. Where is the righteous indignation? Come on! We can do better than this! wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I run updated firefox, Avast, ADblocker, malware, etc..everything I know to do, and from advice gathered here. It's still hit and miss for me. Love the site, but a major PITA compared to every other one I frequent.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Zero problems here-
I run on Google, with Ad Blocker Plus.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The last couple days it's been bad for me. Pages won't completely load.

iPad and Safari.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Muzz, I'm in Utah, also. I get my innanet from Comcast.

No ads, pages load in under one second, and any freezes I've noted were with the Fire's server. Rick fixed those days ago.

If you're having problems, it's due to your connection speed, your browser, your ad blocker (or lack thereof), or your computer itself. Or you're trying to do a computer's work on a stupid cellphone. Sorry to be blunt, my friend, but that's the truth.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only site I visit on the net ad-blocker is needed is here.

M
Muzz Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Its all good rocky, im on a new laptop, my work computer is still the same way.

I just asked a question and don't need some dicksmack "George" spouting his comment. If there is something I can do on my computer then I will look into it. Just need to know where or what to do. I just find it funny that its only this site I have problems with.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Its slow as hell, It freezes, And takes forever to show what you type, among other things.

You are the problem. GFY

That's what I was thinking...

Texas
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its all good rocky, im on a new laptop, my work computer is still the same way.

I just asked a question and don't need some dicksmack "George" spouting his comment. If there is something I can do on my computer then I will look into it. Just need to know where or what to do. I just find it funny that its only this site I have problems with.

Have you tried Vagisil ??

Texas
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is the Gov spying on us, Probably routed through their server first looking for key words like:

Jesus Christ, Tritonal, Symtex, C-4, Comp B, Anti-gravitational propulsion, nitromethane, ammonium nitrate, sulfuric acid, Jew, allah, islam, Christian, PETA, Abortion clinic, AR, AR-15, AK-47, SKS, Whitehouse, Harp, 1.1, church, white power, site 73, walmart security, grenade, subway, ricin, chloride, chemical, weapon, WMD, snowstorm, radioactive, assault, railway, airline, TSA, breech, blood agent, biological, nuclear, shoot down, glock...

crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will ask again. Do you ever clean out your temp internet cookies, on your computer? You can also clean cookies here, and is recommended by Rick. At the first sign of anything different, cleaning cookies on my computer is the first thing I do. I also run Firefox and ad blocker. No problems here. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's still hit and miss for me. Love the site, but a major PITA compared to every other one I frequent.

Same here. Quite a few of the folks I know who wanted to read my bicycle trip thread gave up after finding this site so slow to load.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Muzz, what browser are you using? If it's IE, that may be the problem. People using Firefox or Chrome don't have these issues.

Download one or the other, migrate your bookmarks over, then clean your cookies file. Download the AdBlocker Plus add-in. Then and only then log in here again. I predict you'll be astounded.

Added: Birdie, just for the halibut, I clicked on your bike thread. The whole 17 pages and all the photos loaded for me in just about one second. I watched the clock, and it made one tick from mouse click to your last comment loaded.

Last edited by RockyRaab; 08/05/14.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
61 posts in 10 yrs?

Rick, flush this turd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know what cleaning your cookies does, don't remember the last time I did that. But then I have the browser set to ask me if I want to accept cookies and say no to the junk/ad ones.

The thing about Firefox and Chrome is you can get add-ons that ask your permission before scripts are allowed to run. Misbehaving scripts cause the problems. I haven't tinkered with Internet Explorer in years so I don't know it you can selectively block scripts with it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I don't know what cleaning your cookies does, don't remember the last time I did that. But then I have the browser set to ask me if I want to accept cookies and say no to the junk/ad ones.

The thing about Firefox and Chrome is you can get add-ons that ask your permission before scripts are allowed to run. Misbehaving scripts cause the problems. I haven't tinkered with Internet Explorer in years so I don't know it you can selectively block scripts with it.

Keeps logging me out when I change a page?
I'm just wondering if they banned me and just didn't bother to tell me?
Stinks

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It is certainly f'd up today.
When I press Active topics - no matter what I press it defaults me to "unanswered Topics" and usually logs me out!
What gives?
I smell liberal mischief

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1minute, 117LBS, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,320
Posts18,505,818
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.