-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
made me remember this little tidbit of information.

The national debt they admit to is over 17 trillion dollars. To illustrate just how many a trillion is imagine going back in time just one trillion seconds. How far back in time would you go?

Would you believe 31,709+ years?

Last edited by MColeman; 08/06/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and as I said the other day Mickey, no one in the media is giving this any air time at all.
Obama has added 7 TRILLION dollars to the national debt in just 5 years. There is no end in sight.

Sam......

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Pretty scary and I don't think Canada is to far behind in mortgaging the people's future.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and as I said the other day Mickey, no one in the media is giving this any air time at all.
Obama has added 7 TRILLION dollars to the national debt in just 5 years. There is no end in sight.

Actually,..the Federal Reserve adds to the national debt load.

Congress and the administration is complicit, of course,...but with the NSA peeking through their windows, they're afraid to rock the boat,...and besides,...in order to cut the national debt, Americans would have to give up their social security,..their medicare/medicaid,..and stop being brainless warmongers.

It will happen eventually out of necessity,..but before it all goes to chit, the government will bleed its people dry,...especially the young people of today.

That's why they want to kill you as soon as possible.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MColeman

The national debt they admit to is over 17 trillion dollars. To illustrate just how many a trillion is imagine going back in time just one trillion seconds. How far back in time would you go?

You're on the right track. But go back and take another look at it. We're hooked for at least 240 trillion simoleons, for which we'll never be good. Just Social Security, Medicare, and Prescription Drug Benefits are an at least 120 trillion dollar unfunded liability. All three have long been insolvent. They are accorded the illusion of solvency by the indiscriminate printing of fiat money, which, ironically, will most harm those receiving these benefits. When the insidious tax of inflation leaves them with too much month at the end of their money, they will be in a horrible predicament.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Actually,..the Federal Reserve adds to the national debt load.

Congress and the administration is complicit, of course,...but with the NSA peeking through their windows, they're afraid to rock the boat,...and besides,...in order to cut the national debt, Americans would have to give up their social security,..their medicare/medicaid,..and stop being brainless warmongers.

It will happen eventually out of necessity,..but before it all goes to chit, the government will bleed its people dry,...especially the young people of today.

That's why they want to kill you as soon as possible.

Because the Fed refuses to allow an independent audit, we have no clue of how much it has us hooked. I've heard it has us hooked for at least 14 trillion. A wise idea would be to at least double that amount.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MColeman:
You are a glutton for punishment aren't you. Simply depressing any time I visit that site.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman

31,709 x 17 = 539,053

So we have been SET BACK 539,053 years.

I gotta get me a BIG gun in case one of them tyrannosaurs attacks.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
MColeman:
You are a glutton for punishment aren't you. Simply depressing any time I visit that site.

First time I'd ever seen it. Never again.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Spending without a conscience.

As per...

http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp

As of August 1, 2014, the official debt of the United States government is $17.6 trillion ($17,631,209,292,846).[1] This amounts to:

$55,419 for every person living in the U.S.[2]

$143,976 for every household in the U.S.[3]

� 102% of the U.S. gross domestic product.[4]

� 540% of annual federal revenues.[5]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not much word in the media about it

not much about gas prices either

news sure looks different when there's a Dem in office.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they counted all of the unfunded promises at the present value of those promises, that number would be over $70 Trillion under the more favorable calculations; over $200 Trillion according to some others. Those unfunded promises come in the form of SS, Medicare, Government pensions, retiree health care benefits, etc. Promises made in exchanges for votes and favors today, that get paid for by the workers and generations of tomorrow.

Congress makes corporate American account for the present value of all unfunded liabilities, but the Government doesn't have to account in that manner. Not that anyone is surprised by that fact.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I foresee a time in the future when my generation gets to retirement age that those of us that have put money into retirement accounts, IRA's, saved, invested, etc will be told we don't need our SS money (that was taken from us without our input/permission) for the benefit of those that don't have a retirement. .gov I would love to see you prove me wrong but I ain't holding my breath.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by philgood80
I foresee a time in the future when my generation gets to retirement age that those of us that have put money into retirement accounts, IRA's, saved, invested, etc will be told we don't need our SS money (that was taken from us without our input/permission) for the benefit of those that don't have a retirement. .gov I would love to see you prove me wrong but I ain't holding my breath.

My retirement plan assumes I will collect nothing from Social Security.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My retirement plan is dying with my boots on. Hopefully on some windswept ridge on a warm September day hunting.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by philgood80

My retirement plan assumes I will collect nothing from Social Security.

Mine too but I think I (and you and most everyone on this board) has the right to be pissed that money that was taken from our income went to someone else. And not only could we not stop it, but as soon as someone that has taken care of themselves and their family complains they are a heartless wealthy 1%er that cares nothing for their fellow American.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thieves always have justifications.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Spending without a conscience.

As per...

http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp

As of August 1, 2014, the official debt of the United States government is $17.6 trillion ($17,631,209,292,846).[1] This amounts to:

$55,419 for every person living in the U.S.[2]

$143,976 for every household in the U.S.[3]

� 102% of the U.S. gross domestic product.[4]

� 540% of annual federal revenues.[5]

The following is no statement directed at you bcolorado, however, when I see these numbers bandied about by the media I want to choke the little pukes for the comments because......

IT AIN'T MY DEBT! NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE! The friggin' republicrats and demicans in DC created it and they own it. They can choke on it til' they expire, I'm not covering their crime spree.

Last edited by SBTCO; 08/06/14.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I plan on combining my retirement party & funeral to cut down on costs since they will happen at the same time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dying with my boots on hunting Elk after doing the better half the night before.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 16penny, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1234, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,021
Posts18,481,659
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.