Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Michael Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Got to the office this morning and our receptionist is just beside herself.

She ( American ) and her Pakistani husband have been fighting the legal immigration battle for 3 years.
This morning at about 7 a.m Homeland Security comes to their home and gains entry without a warrant. Apparently in immigration cases some rights are just not yours anymore unless you swim across a river from south to north. East to west water crossings don't count.
Homeland is demanding to see evidence that the two of them are actually married. Marriage license from the Pakistani ceremony, and a license from the American ceremony not sufficient evidence. That the two were found in the same home, the one listed as their residence on the immigration forms, didn't matter.
Deb said they were finally satisfied and had all the proof they needed to close the case when they found his and hers underwear in the same dresser.

More proof there is absolutely no hope for this country. Thank You 43 and the patriot Act. It sure sounds like "Der Fatherland" to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here is another one for you.

"illegal" car

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Hey watch what you say about the fatherland. As far as those other a-holes go you are on the money. Only illegal immigrants have rights.Those who play by the rules not so much.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Strongly conservative, and hard working folks, right ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sad beyond belief.

I went through the legal immigration process myself in 1995-96. Had a team of lawyers working on the process almost daily, andeven then if my ex-wife (an attorney herself) hadn't been working on it as well on a daily basis, I doubt I'd be here. The ICE bureaucracy is incredibly badly organized, the bureaucrats themselves are often ignorant, lazy, and stupid.

Immigration reform is necessary in America, but not the kind of immigration reform Obama and his ilk want. They need to nuke the entire bureaucracy and start fresh with simple and straightforward rules and regulations, and then ENFORCE the rules impartially.

Which ain't never gonna happen, of course.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

482 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,279
Posts18,505,091
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.