-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doc, sounds like your girls just wanted to include you in their big night. Nothing wrong with that. Hope they had a fun, safe time and needed nothing more than ibuprofen the next morning.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Yes, that was and is my take on it, hatari.

I just talked to one of the girls, she's the mother of young kids and doesn't sleep in. Also is on meds so she doesn't drink, so is apparently the only one awake yet. She tells me industrial-strength ibuprofen may be required in one or two cases this morning.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Proof of a good time. Glad they had fun grin

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinGood on them that they had FUN!! grin Don't lie to US Doc!!! You KNOW that you wuz having nightmares and flashbacks of when YOU wuz young,dumb and on the hunt for young cuties!! grin Hell, yer old and dumb and STILL on the hunt fer cuties grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by frogman43
Congrats again my friend on your daughters upcoming wedding!

Per our emails, I can commiserate with you... grin

Yeah, weddings ain't cheap, as we are both well aware this year! At least I'm not paying the full shot for my daughter's wedding... I won't have to sell any guns to pay for it!

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by frogman43
Congrats again my friend on your daughters upcoming wedding!

Per our emails, I can commiserate with you... grin

Yeah, weddings ain't cheap, as we are both well aware this year! At least I'm not paying the full shot for my daughter's wedding... I won't have to sell any guns to pay for it!

Few years ago I was paired up one day with a CPA from N.H at the F-Nationals. We were in a meeting with the TR team when his daughter called him crying. The cost of her wedding dress was gonna break the budget. He told her to calm down, he'll kick in the extra. What's another 5k when you're already in for 80k... eek

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Doc,

Be thankful for the distance so you aren't tempted to wind up in the drunk tank with them.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Ha! Fat chance!

I've observed bachelorette parties from a safe distance in bars & restaurants, there is no way I would go near one of those fiascos!!

The girls were all saying they wished I could be there with them, and I set them straight in a hurry. It's all well and good for young folks to kick up like that, I'm too old and too much their father to party with them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As the father of two grown daughters, I am with you all the way, Doc. I am glad they all love you enough to make that phone call.

I am glad they had a good time making some fun memories.
Good luck with the upcoming festivities. I like your attitude.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Congrats Doc!

I'd stay far away as well. Good buddy lost his underwear one night to a roving pack of bachelorettes. Bar was packed but he suddenly had plenty of room as he drunkenly hopped around on one foot trying to peel his pants and shorts off over his shoe.

Nearly wet myself laughing.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by CCCC
My elder daughter drunk-dialed me from Milwaukee. She is "in charge" of her little sister (the bride-to-be) and 5 other young women who are doing the traditional get-sch!ttfaced-and-embarass-your-parents deal these young people do these days.

I have never experienced the �honor� or �pleasure� of having a drunken daughter in charge of another younger drunken daughter and some other young women call me for any reason, let alone to make certain I knew that they were drunk and carousing together in some strange place. Am thinking none of my four grown daughters would be likely to go out to get drunk like that, feel certain none of them would ever call to let me know they were purposely doing so, and know beyond a doubt that, if this happened, I would not be posting news of it on this forum.

I'm actually with you on this one. I prefer the quite daughters that blow guys in a Baptist summer camp school closet.

Technically, that's not a sin, IF the boy is planning on becoming a preacher, is it?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good for you Doc. Hope the gals had a BIG time, paintin the town. Those of you that disapprove can go back to cuttin washers with yer azzes...Carry on!

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good on you Doc, and the fact they called is a testament to how you raised them.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This site continues to boor me with such simplistic tripe. No question you have raised them right as I have done with mine when those, apparently, have not. ICGAF and I am sure you think the same. The "best" girls in college were those not allowed to play growing up, this by a long shot.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Weddings have always been a time of celebration.I am pretty much a stick in the mud but I know the first miracle of the New Testament was making wine at a marriage feast for folks that were already drunk.If its good enough for Messiah its good enough for me.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Congrats Doc! You did good!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boy, there's a bunch of "do as I say, not as I do" guys on here. Tell me honestly that none of you guys had a bachelor party, or attended one?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope & nope. But that don't mean I don't think others should not.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jdm953
Weddings have always been a time of celebration.I am pretty much a stick in the mud but I know the first miracle of the New Testament was making wine at a marriage feast for folks that were already drunk.If its good enough for Messiah its good enough for me.

One of my favorite Gospel stories, the miracle of transformation at the wedding feast at Cana.

For any who might be interested, Anne Rice (yes, the vampire author) started writing a series several years ago called Christ the Lord. It is an extremely well-researched book, and she makes the life and times of Jesus come alive through her fictionalized story. Her treatment of this, Jesus' first public miracle, is simply wonderful. It truly brings home the basic Christian doctrine that Jesus was fully God and fully Man at the same time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jdm953

That is a great insight, and a surprising one. (the best kind)

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 21, 64 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.