Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Was thinking more like Gary Rossington myself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charlie was quite the musician and was a Sunset Blvd. regular back in the day. My BILs dad was a geology prof for a west coast uni and ran across him up in the desert a number of times... Old Charlie also made a pretty good living in Cochran doing autographs on guitars until they put a stop to that..

Helter Skelter is still a pretty good read, and outlines nicely how the LAPD almost screwed the pooch on the whole fiasco. Bugliosi pulled that fat out of the fire in a huge media circus. Compare that to the OJ trial, where complete incompetence in the DA and LAPD offices blew a slam dunk in another complete circus.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Manson fancied himself as a very serious musician and ingratiated himself with not only Dennis Wilson (who originally thought Manson actually had talent) mainly by providing whomever he wanted to get next to with lots of young girls. When Sharon Tate and her visitors were killed, it was actually supposed to be Terry Melcher, Doris Day's son who was a music producer that owned the murder house on Cielo Drive and whom Manson mistakenly thought still lived there. He felt Melcher had led him on about producing some of Mansons music and never really intended to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And yes, Butchie and her Sheriff co-worker sure look open for business..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Charlie was quite the musician and was a Sunset Blvd. regular back in the day. My BILs dad was a geology prof for a west coast uni and ran across him up in the desert a number of times... Old Charlie also made a pretty good living in Cochran doing autographs on guitars until they put a stop to that..

Helter Skelter is still a pretty good read, and outlines nicely how the LAPD almost screwed the pooch on the whole fiasco. Bugliosi pulled that fat out of the fire in a huge media circus. Compare that to the OJ trial, where complete incompetence in the DA and LAPD offices blew a slam dunk in another complete circus.

Bugliosi's book on the OJ trial is also illuminating. He says there is no way OJ would have gotten off if Bugliosi were prosecuting the case. I tend to believe that.

Last edited by Anjin; 08/15/14.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Anjin

Bugliosi's book on the OJ trial is also illuminating. He says there is no way OJ would have gotten off if Bugliosi were prosecuting the case. I tend to believe that.

Bugliosi, who was a very good L.A. County D.A., in this case, is delusional. In the O.J. Simpson trial, given the jury makeup, Jesus Christ himself could not have won a conviction.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Nobody has a better opinion of Bugliosi than Bugliosi. Just ask him.

I appreciate the extra information after the Dennis Wilson question. Interesting.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Drunk beer with him a couple of times.

Lakeland,Fl.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don`t agree with charlies taste in women, yuck.

Last edited by SCRUBS; 08/16/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by soli
Drunk beer with him a couple of times.

With Charlie Manson?

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yeah, suspect #2 is a man, man. That's an awful picture. I've watched every documentary I could find on ole Charlie. There are so many conspiracy theories surrounding that whole deal.

I don't think those women should have been locked up for so long. It's amazing what money gets spent on when it's the taxpayers' money.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charlie had a thing for girls with a jawline that would rival that of Dudley Do-Right! 'Ol Dudley was a cartoon charachterization of the conssumate RCMP officer. A 'mans' jaw that jutted out past the brim of his hat, IIRC :-D

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Anjin

Bugliosi, who was a very good L.A. County D.A., in this case, is delusional. In the O.J. Simpson trial, given the jury makeup, Jesus Christ himself could not have won a conviction.

L.W.

The L.A. DA's office has always been a traditional launching pad for bigger and better things in the political world, and DA Gil Garcetti was loathe to put up any prosecuters that could steal the spotlight from his political desires. Darden and Clark were hacks who couldn't find their asses with their hands.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
RANCHO LOCO - " The L.A. DA's office has always been a traditional launching pad for bigger and better things in the political world, and DA Gil Garcetti was loathe to put up any prosecuters that could steal the spotlight from his political desires. Darden and Clark were hacks who couldn't find their asses with their hands."

You're right. Do you remember a first rate left wing politician named "John Van deKamp," who became L.A. District Attorney? He was better known by county cops who had to arrest bad guys as "Plea Bargain John." Got one helluva "conviction rate" that way without having to take a chance losing a big decision at trial.

Used the office as a stepping stone to become Attorney General of California where he endorsed every whacko gun confiscation scheme the left wing libs in Sacramento could think up.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Nobody has a better opinion of Bugliosi than Bugliosi. Just ask him.

I appreciate the extra information after the Dennis Wilson question. Interesting.

He is lucky he didn't get himself hacked up.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Scrubs, In Booten WV,I think it was in 66.His mother lived for a short time across the hill,he was visting her.Weird man.

Lakeland,Fl.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by john843
Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys said once that the Manson girls as a group were " eat up with all kinds of V.D." and since Charlie didn't let them wear any underwear, when you were in close quarters with them, the Hoo-Ha stench was unbearable.

Thanks for that. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. sick

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.