-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A sheriff's deputy from Butler County fatality shot an unarmed man this past April responding to a call

He is curently out of a job undergoing an investigation......care to throw him some cash?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
You're right he's in a lot of trouble, but not because of facts.

Tell us, Mr. Too-Many-Shots, wtf would you do?

You have been assaulted by a suspect in a strong-arm robbery. You have sustained debilitating if not life-threatening injuries (see the wound threads and media reports). You exit your vehicle in order to attempt an arrest, and per the injuries certainly with a concussion of some degree, likely severe.

Now, you are 30 feet (10 yards) from a 6'4", 300 lbs already known violent assailant. For reference, that's roughly the size of an average black bear. You're 10 yards away, and college football players of the same size cover that distance in less than 2 seconds. So, you have 2 seconds.

You, suffering from likely blindness in one eye, trauma to the head, and a concussion, order it to stop. BTW - there is another suspect in the immediate area.

It slowly advances, likely cutting the range to about 8 yards (that'd be about 1.8 seconds distance to impact). Then, it charges.

You react even within the normal .75 seconds and get on target.

You have 1 second to impact.

So, do you fire once and wait for a result? Or, do you fire until the threat stops it's advance?

Here's a hint: about a dozen witnesses have come forward backing up the officer's side of the story, and the assailant dropped finally within about 3-4 feet of the officer.

So, please elaborate on how else it should have been done whilst firing less rounds; with details, facts, and specifics, please.
Well said, 4ager.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Officer Wilson is now unemployable as an officer in the immediate St Louis area. He and his family will not be able to return to their home. His financial problems have only began. The mental stress for him and his family will last forever. All this because one thoughtless person stole some cheap cigars. He will need a lot of financial support for some time. GW

I agree with most of this but 6 shots? He seems to be in very hot water.

Its not about the number of shots. You fire until the threat stops. Appears he followed standard training with two shots to the head as the arm/body shots were not stopping the large individual. Yes the news media and the politically correct Governor are doing their best with the hot water thing. Best to wait for all the information is released before we form an opinion. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A sheriff's deputy from Butler County fatality shot an unarmed man this past April responding to a call

He is curently out of a job undergoing an investigation......care to throw him some cash?

Are you going to answer the question posed to you by 4ager?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Officer Wilson is now unemployable as an officer in the immediate St Louis area. He and his family will not be able to return to their home. His financial problems have only began. The mental stress for him and his family will last forever. All this because one thoughtless person stole some cheap cigars. He will need a lot of financial support for some time. GW

I agree with most of this but 6 shots? He seems to be in very hot water.

Its not about the number of shots. You fire until the threat stops. Appears he followed standard training with two shots to the head as the arm/body shots were not stopping the large individual. Yes the news media and the politically correct Governor are doing their best with the hot water thing. Best to wait for all the information is released before we form an opinion. GW

This is why I wait.....but we are all fos if we think for a second this young man isn't facing a world of trouble

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12

What would I do?

Is this the question?

Nobody can accurately answer what he would do.

First and formost.....we still do not know what happened

Nice avatar

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I agree with most of this but 6 shots? He seems to be in very

hot water.

This is why I wait.....but we are all fos if we think for a second this young man isn't facing a world of trouble

Please describe the trouble you envision. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Anybody that doesn't think that squib needed shooting is an idiot and an embarrassment to logic and common sense.

Some people just NEED killin'. He USED to be among their number.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Good, as am I.

Keep this to the top.
And if tomorrow or next week they find that this cop committed murder; are you still good with kicking in for his defense?

Contributing to fair representation is never a bad thing.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

What would I do?

Is this the question?

Nice avatar

You can't answer what you would do, but feel confident enough to declare, that Wilson, under the same citcumstances fired and excessive amount of shots?

Yep, GFY

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What would I do?

Is this the question?

Chickenchit mutthaphukker. No wonder MO is FUBAR.

You haven't the balls to support a cop or anyone else in distress until you know it's safe for your cowardly azz. That's typical.

Here's a hint: what happened is known to Brown, Wilson, and God. The reports and evidence go with Wilson, whilst the race-baiters and chickenchit SOBs like you go with Brown. God will pass Judgment in his time. Until then, I'll side with the cop and the evidence.

Obviously, YMMV. Sleep well, knowing that those you won't support still guard your chickenchit azz. I figure that goes at least double for the military over the cops, as Lord knows you couldn't gather all the "facts" necessary to ever support them.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Again, I have no problems with violent thieves being shot.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DINK
My money will stay in southern Missouri

St Louis......nope

Good for you?

Dink

It is a very bad situation.....as bad as it gets

let me remind you why it took us so long to get CC in Missouri

St Louis and Kansas City police

Yes I remember. But what does that have to do with this officer?

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Good, as am I.

Keep this to the top.
And if tomorrow or next week they find that this cop committed murder; are you still good with kicking in for his defense?

Contributing to fair representation is never a bad thing.

They never get that.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ok im going to throw this out there. some of you all know me personally and know what i do.

darren and me worked for the same police department, until they contracted services with the county police and we went to separate neighboring departments. darren came to us right out of the academy. he was a easy prob to teach and turned into a great cop.

i personally know this man and know that he has a good heart. this whole incident sucks ass and has ruined 2 families. darren was in a fight for his life and won, but is going to have to pay for winning the rest of his life.

this event is really draining our resources and manpower around here.

[Linked Image]

FJB
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I would send him some money. Link to the shooting?

Dink

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ok im going to throw this out there. some of you all know me personally and know what i do.

darren and me worked for the same police department, until they contracted services with the county police and we went to separate neighboring departments. darren came to us right out of the academy. he was a easy prob to teach and turned into a great cop.

i personally know this man and know that he has a good heart. this whole incident sucks ass and has ruined 2 families. darren was in a fight for his life and won, but is going to have to pay for winning the rest of his life.

this event is really draining our resources and manpower around here.

[Linked Image]

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What would I do?

Is this the question?

Nice avatar

You can't answer what you would do, but feel confident enough to declare, that Wilson, under the same citcumstances fired and excessive amount of shots?

Yep, GFY

F'n himself would require balls and an erection. It appears that he's proven both to be an impossibility.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree with most of this but 6 shots?

You either watch way too much tv and/or haven't a clue about shooting to stop a mortal physical threat in a combat setting or are just innately stupid.

I have a friend who was a police officer that walked in on an armed robbery at a gas station in 1979.

The perp was a kid tanked up on PCP who turned and shot my friend thru the right leg with a sawed off shotgun.

Though grievously wounded he returned fire and hit the shooter six times with a .357. One round hit the arm and the rest went center mass thru the heart lung area.

It never even slowed this boy down as he ran out the door.

In the parking lot the fellow that was with my friend that day engaged the perp. He hit him center mass 7 times with 230 grain hardball from a 1911. The kid was still trying to reload the shotgun when the officer changed magazines in the 1911 and shot him three times in the head killing him.

It took 16 total rounds, all hits to the vital areas, to stop a boy that wouldn't weigh 125 lbs soaking wet because he was so tanked up on drugs and adrenaline.

My friend's career as a police officer ended that day and every day since he gets to put on and wear a big specially made boot with a brace built into it so he can walk.

But, by your standard I guess they used excessive force.

The officer in MO that took on a 300 lb pavement ape who was probably also tanked up on something did very well with having to use only six rounds.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 08/19/14.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rockchucker,

Be safe, and let him know that he hasn't been abandoned. At least, not by the last few remaining Americans.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,450
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.