Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Democrats even in Texas hate guns, and they really really hate Rick Perry, so the malicious indictment of him is a win-win. Anyone under felony indictment is deprived of certain gun rights, and that now includes the governor of Texas.

As an indictee, Perry�s state-issued Concealed Handgun License, assuming he still has one � his office didn�t know as of Tuesday afternoon � will be suspended until the case against him is decided. (Cue the cheering coyotes.)

The indictment�s impact on Perry�s gun rights was brought to my attention by a former Democratic state legislator who seemed happy to point it out.

�I�m surprised that you haven�t analyzed the most significant and immediate impact of the governor�s indictment,� ex-state Sen. Steve Carriker, D-Roby, told me in an email including the applicable federal law.

Carriker also was most helpful in providing the official federal �Firearms Transaction Record Part 1� form, which must be filled in by firearms purchasers. Question 11b asks �Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year?� (An information is a formal accusation of a crime by a prosecutor.)

For Perry that�s now a big ol� yes. And yes means no new guns or ammo.

Gov. Perry is a victim of this prosecution but he isn�t exactly defenseless here. He has state-provided body guards most of the time. He does like to jog on his own, though, and can no longer carry the gun that commemorates his duel with a coyote. I once ran into him ambling about by himself at a little function in downtown Austin, no bodyguards to be seen anywhere. He just walked in as if he was an average guy. But I never doubted that he was packing. You can always count on him, Jerry Patterson and, well, most other prominent Texas Republicans to have their CCL up to date and in use.

You can see from the tone of the Austin American-Statesman story above, and the Democrat�s comments within it, that some in the media and the Texas Democrats are happy about depriving the governor of his rights. They like it.

Don�t think they would be any less happy about depriving you of yours, if you happen to disagree with them. The Democrats would indict every single Republican in the entire state if they thought they could get away with it.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/08/2...gov-perry-of-some-of-his-firearm-rights/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
What a bunch of bul....... fertilizer

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So the writer thinks people under indictment cannot purchase ammo either?

Did he tweet the ear plug rubber bullets comment?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most likely...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Your right to say something about it, they'd like to see that gone as well.

Pieces of schit plain and simple. When this is over maybe MR Perry will attempt to do something about that lame ass law as well.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, a case of guilty until proven innocent. Great law there.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute

It is the libtard way...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Perry's a smart guy. I bet he has plenty of ammo.

And, darn it. It's Texas. He'll just have to carry openly.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Wasn't aware the Feds had any influence over state issued permits, other than indirectly as being unable to purchase additional firearms.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Wasn't aware the Feds had any influence over state issued permits, other than indirectly as being unable to purchase additional firearms.

Unfortantly, for our Distinguished Gov. Perry, it's written in to our State of Texas Penal Code Laws Statues as it affects our Texas CHL License.

Law basically says your License will be suspended by the State of Texas DPS if you are charged with a Class A or B Misdemeanor, or currently charged or under Indictment for ANY Felony.

And the Law REALLY sucks for Gov. Perry right now, especially with him being one of our biggest supporters of our Texas CHL Rights, and a staunch Second Amendment Supporter!!!!

Pretty fuggin sad when a bunch of POS Libertards can hand pick a Grand Jury to Indict the Leader of Texas on some BS Trumped up Charge for what clearly amounts to Political Revenge!!!mad

Not only have they slandered Perry for purely Political Reasons, because some Alcoholic Liberal DA thinks she is above the Law and wouldn't resign. But they have managed to take away Perry's Constitutional Right to Bare Arms!

Guilty untill Proven Innocent????

That's the way the Libertard lefties do things in Austin! I sincerely hope Perry takes sweet Political Revenge on those involved!
But, Gov. Perry has WAAAAY More class than any of his enemies.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/20/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 1minute
Exactly.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Guilty until proven innocent is the law of the land. Get charged with anything, pay for and put on a defense. Even if you are found not guilty you pay a huge fine in legal fees.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by EWY
Guilty until proven innocent is the law of the land. Get charged with anything, pay for and put on a defense. Even if you are found not guilty you pay a huge fine in legal fees.

Ernie

Ever wonder why 95% of cases never go to trial and are pled? Most peeps can't afford a decent lawyer.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is one of the dirtiest, most unethical poljacks (a new word ) I've ever seen in my life time and it's why I think, our country short, of a miracle, is beyond redeeming. While there is political thuggery on both or all sides, a generation or two of teaching relative value systems has formed primarily a current Democratic party where the end justifies the means. No matter how unethical, false, unfounded, or unconstitutional the means. Or plain stupid.

How about the governor of Missourri-a lawyer-and his televised statement regarding the Michael a Brown case? Unbelievable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agreed George!

Basically our once great Country has gone to hell in a hand basket!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A question for the historians on the 'fire: did they find any bonafide witches in the witch hunts of yore? Or was it just crazy hysteria? whistle

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

This is one of the dirtiest, most unethical poljacks (a new word ) I've ever seen in my life time and it's why I think, our country short, of a miracle, is beyond redeeming. While there is political thuggery on both or all sides, a generation or two of teaching relative value systems has formed primarily a current Democratic party where the end justifies the means. No matter how unethical, false, unfounded, or unconstitutional the means. Or plain stupid.

Not a scintilla of argument from me sir...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It's a good thing that a high profile guy like Perry is getting jacked up with some of these bullchiet laws. I didn't see him clamoring to have the law changed before. Wonder if he'll make it more of a priority, now..

While I'm no Perry fan, this whole debacle is utter garbage. Bringing it to light could be an opportunity. Maybe some of the "Big Law" crowd may reflect on it a bit & take some action to pare down some of these layers of crap we're all subject to. lol. Just kidding, less laws is anarchy, just ask 'em...

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This whole ordeal could really spring board Perry into the White House if he plays his cards right.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 56 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.