Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I understand what he's trying to say, but for crying out loud, this is a forum...not a classroom. Always nitpicking at semantics...
Semantics convey meaning. It give us insight into the way people think. He thinks there's no moral distinction between a crook who got shot and a victim who got shot.

You should go back and read that EKG thread.

You tried to act like specific descriptive language DOESN'T matter when talking about something you have very rudimentary knowledge of......

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I understand what he's trying to say, but for crying out loud, this is a forum...not a classroom. Always nitpicking at semantics...
Semantics convey meaning. It give us insight into the way people think. He thinks there's no moral distinction between a crook who got shot and a victim who got shot.

You should go back and read that EKG thread.

You tried to act like specific descriptive language DOESN'T matter when talking about something you have very rudimentary knowledge of......
This is the second time you mentioned an EKG. Could you refresh my memory by providing a link? I don't recall expressing an opinion on EKG, as I know next to nothing about them. Thanks.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "smart" thing for the police to do isn't disclosing information about injuries to the officer.

The smart thing is to let witnesses tell factually incorrect versions of what happened, then, if needed, shed them in court with proof that the officer sustained serious injuries.

This isn't checkers, it's chess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Could you refresh my memory by providing a link? I don't recall expressing an opinion on EKG, as I know next to nothing about them. Thanks.

The PVC thread has been bumped.

Last edited by goalie; 08/22/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best part is that now you admit you don't have a clue, yet you typed and typed and typed.........

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The bad part is how you screwed up the screen
take that damned post down

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After reading back through that thread, I have come to the conclusion that TRH is full of it. Yeah, he'd doesn't remember the ten pages he participated in. Likely story........

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
o'really is becoming very tiring with his 'jcl' ratings fishing rants.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup, he and TRH have both got swapping ends down to a science.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Could you refresh my memory by providing a link? I don't recall expressing an opinion on EKG, as I know next to nothing about them. Thanks.

Where did I say something about EKG?

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks G.

I THINK that if one puts "Link:" and than a space, THEN pastes that big ole' string of code, that you'll be able to put that thread back up.

I'd like to read it, myself.

GTC

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The best part is that now you admit you don't have a clue, yet you typed and typed and typed.........
Nope. I have no more knowledge of the EKG test than your averagely informed layman. Where do you believe I said otherwise?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
First, if Wilson's injury had been part of the narrative from the very beginning, it would be a lot more credible than when it is suddenly inserted after a week of rioting.

I agree, but that doesn't make any injuries he incurred any less real. I seem to remember a delay in reporting Zimmermen's injuries too. Of course, I don't believe the reporting of either would have had any real impact on rioting when you're dealing with the class of folks who were engaged in same down in Furgeson.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RDFinn
First, if Wilson's injury had been part of the narrative from the very beginning, it would be a lot more credible than when it is suddenly inserted after a week of rioting.

I agree, but that doesn't make any injuries h incurred any less real. I seem to remember a delay in reporting Zimmermen's injuries too.
Yep. Both cases were likely politically motivated.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nope. I have no more knowledge of the EKG test than your averagely informed layman. Where do you believe I said otherwise?
Are you ready to make a retraction/apology, goalie? I'm ready to accept it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree, but that doesn't make any injuries h incurred any less real. I seem to remember a delay in reporting Zimmermen's injuries too.
Yep. Both cases were likely politically motivated.

Of course. Do you think that Sharpton was waiting for the facts before he responded to incite the violence ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree, but that doesn't make any injuries he incurred any less real.

What you say is true, but from what I understand, we don't know that he incurred any injuries, just that it has been reported that he's injured. And if he has been injured, we don't know that he was injured by Michael Brown.

The assertion that he was injured by Michael Brown before he shot him may or may not be true; based on the evidence I've seen, I choose until further notice to believe that it is not.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
we don't know that he incurred any injuries, just that it has been reported that he's injured.

There's x-ray pictures floating all over the internet. get serious.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree, but that doesn't make any injuries he incurred any less real.

What you say is true, but from what I understand, we don't know that he incurred any injuries, just that it has been reported that he's injured. And if he has been injured, we don't know that he was injured by Michael Brown.

The assertion that he was injured by Michael Brown before he shot him may or may not be true; based on the evidence I've seen, I choose until further notice to believe that it is not.

That puts you in the same boat as Sharpton.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.