Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I am able to determine things for myself.

"A less serious type of ventricular arrhythmia is a premature ventricular contraction (PVC)."

- Texas Heart Institute

"What is an arrhythmia? Answer: An arrhythmia (also called dysrhythmia) is an irregular or abnormal heartbeat."

- Cleveland Clinic

The importance of the above is to demonstrate that I was correct, and goalie incorrect (as was Kevin), on the question of the normality of PVCs.

To put it in Aristotelian syllogistic form:

A) PVCs are a form of arrhythmia.

B) Arrhythmias are abnormal heartbeats.

C) Therefore, PVCs are abnormal heartbeats.

This is something very fundamental that both Kevin and goalie got completely wrong. I think that's important to take note of.

PS I tried to give them the "out" of allowing that they were using the word normal in the demographic sense, but they both rejected that, insisting that PVCs were also physiologically normal events in the heart. Again, this is a significant error.

Exactly. Note that this thread STARTED over TRH's assertion that some cardiac issues MAY be remedied by a proper diet. Another disrythmia, atrial fibrillation, is now considered to be caused by inflammation, of which the modern diet of refined carbohydrate, especially combined with PROLONGED endurance workouts, are the two primary known causes.

Ectopic beats are by definition, those that originate someplace lower in the heart than the SA node. SOMETHING has increased the irritability or rather increased the autorythmycity of that portion of the Perkinje fibers, thereby lowering the threshold for an action potential.

Note that Goalie gave a list, mostly of things one can swallow, that increases the likelyhood of PVC's.

Goalie, you're a fuggin azzwipe

So, mr medic, do you agree with TRH's assertion that the abnormal PATHWAY is what CAUSES PVC's? It is a simple yes or no question.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Nice straw man.
Didn't you agree with Kevin that PVCs are examples of normal heart function??

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Keepin' track of your user names, sunshine?

It is amazing what non-dopers (unlike yourself) can remember, ain't it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
And he's a teacher.

I hope to god you are kidding.

TRH (and apparently TAK) are the kind of people you hate to orient to the ICU. They already think they know it all, and, when they don't, they just wing it, because they damn sure don't want to ASK anyone anything.

All my students leave understanding a few things:

1. Health care is too complex to know everything. Know the number of the people who know what you need to know.

2. It's better to look stupid than be dangerous. (being dangerous is what would happen if your loved one was being cared for by someone like TRH, who, apparently, simply cannot fathom being wrong, and damn sure won't educate himself)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice straw man.

Nope. I said that they do not indicate a conduction system defect.

But you don't even understand WTF I am talking about, since you don't understand what a PVC is, how it originates (as in, what CAUSES it) or, apparently what an actual conduction system defect (AV block, WPW, etc...) even is....

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

So, mr medic, do you agree with TRH's assertion that the abnormal PATHWAY is what CAUSES PVC's? It is a simple yes or no question.

His lay terminology lacks a bit of precision but only a ignorant SOB like yourself would assert that it is totally false. You can't buffalo or bullschidt me on this issue.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, and, just to make myself laugh:

-Hearts can have normal or abnormal conduction systems.

-ALL hearts, regardless of the conduction system, can throw PVC's.

-Therefore hearts with a NORMAL conduction system can have PVC's.

The devil is in the details. And you, sir, are trying to BS someone who deals with the details every day at work......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

His lay terminology lacks a bit of precision but only a ignorant SOB like yourself would assert that it is totally false. You can't buffalo or bullschidt me on this issue.

Um, yes or no hotshot?

Or, another yes or no question: can someone with a perfectly normal conduction system in their heart throw a PVC?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nice straw man.

Nope.
So, you're now distancing yourself from Kevin's assertion that PVCs are examples of normal heart function?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PVCs are a result of inefficient or improper transfer of electrical signals between nerve cells specializing in maintaining regularity of heartbeat. Your pathways are defective, so you want these signal transfers to operate as efficiently as possible for your defective pathways.

Oh, TAK, since you're on his side. Please explain TRH's position that PVC's are related to anything "inefficient" or are related to the SA node.

While I await your wisdom I will be outside playing nerf-guns with my son. wink

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

That, while true, doesn't negate in any respect the fact that PVCs are not examples of normal heart function, but rather abnormal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice straw man.

Nope.
So, you're now distancing yourself from Kevin's assertion that PVCs are examples of normal heart function?

I am discussing YOU and what YOU said. I could GAS what anyone else said, because they are not trying to act like a subject matter expert of something they are ignorant of.

There are a lot of quotes from you here to address. I'll wait outside......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal applicable 100% of the time?

What do you do with your feet after you dive off the ramp of a C-130 at 25,000 ft?

I can ask bogus bullschidt questions too.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Modern medicine has greatly enhanced life expectancy and quality of life.

Modern education has resulted in an electorate that chose our president and congress.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That, while true, doesn't negate in any respect the fact that PVCs are not examples of normal heart function, but rather abnormal.

Aaaah, but what YOU said was:

PVCs are a result of inefficient or improper transfer of electrical signals between nerve cells specializing in maintaining regularity of heartbeat. Your pathways are defective, so you want these signal transfers to operate as efficiently as possible for your defective pathways.

I highlighted the part I've been pointing out for pages. Heck, I've even told you how to educate yourself so you could understand better. You ain't so good at taking advice though, are ya?

Since your "That, while true" statement admits your own statement IS NOT TRUE, I rest my case.

smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal applicable 100% of the time?

What do you do with your feet after you dive off the ramp of a C-130 at 25,000 ft?

I can ask bogus bullschidt questions too.

And, if I were to try and act like I knew the answer and BS you, what would you do? Probably just let it go, right?

Laff'n

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BWalker
One problem with choking a tent stove down is that the chimney creosotes up when burning coniferous softwoods.

Old wives' tale. "Rural" legend. Moisture content is what determines creosote deposition, not the specie of wood burned.

That is true. Flue gas temp is what determines creosote buildup, so a cooler fire will produce more. Burning softwoods however, has nothing to do with it.

Would that isn't dry causes creosote because turning the moisture in the wood to steam, markedly lowers flue gas temps.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
... because they are not trying to act like a subject matter expert of something they are ignorant of.
"... of something on which they are ignorant." grin

Answer the question. Is Kevin wrong?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Since your "That, while true" statement admits your own statement IS NOT TRUE, I rest my case.

smile
You err. Since PVCs are abnormal, electrical activity in the heart which produces them must also be. Electrical activity in the heart follows nerve pathways. Thus, for every example of a PVC, there were defective or abnormal pathways followed. A pathway can be defective in permanent and non-permanent ways. A permanent way would be an anatomical defect or damage to tissues. An example of a non-permanent way a pathway can be defective would be due to the presence of caffeine. Another would be an electrolyte deficiency in the blood, such as a deficiency in potassium, which brings us back to the beginning of this thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I can spec you out one helluva Bullchit Surge tank, though.

All rational people are compelled to accept the logical conclusion of a syllogistic argument when they cannot demonstrate error in its supporting propositions.

You reject the logical conclusion of a syllogistic argument without demonstrating the error of its supporting propositions.

Therefore, you are not a rational person. wink

That's peachy.

Which hat do you have on now? The "shrink is in"?

My irrational mind thinks you just like to talk a lot.

Meanwhile, they're coming to take me away....

Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.