Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 34 35
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just wondering, since I'm relatively new here, why certain folk (one guy in particular) are allowed to wander from topic to topic spewing insulting language, thinly disguised profanity, and generally meaningless drivel. A few other forums I frequent would sideline them for periods of from weeks to months, or forever.

Just sayin...

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bi.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't let the door hit you in the azz on your way out.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 603Country
Just wondering, since I'm relatively new here, why certain folk (one guy in particular) are allowed to wander from topic to topic spewing insulting language, thinly disguised profanity, and generally meaningless drivel. A few other forums I frequent would sideline them for periods of from weeks to months, or forever.

Just sayin...

Because Rick doesn't understand how many people can be driven off a forum by one or two bad apples.

Accuratereloading.com was essentially killed by one America hating prick who was allowed to run amok unchecked.

If Rick isn't careful, this site may suffer the same fate and he can kiss his precious add revenue good bye.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is an ignore feature here. It wokks great. I recomend you right click on my name, select view profile, then put me on ignore. It will make both our lives better.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like thin skin and vaginal infections go hand in hand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 603Country

Just sayin...

The reason is the owner,Rick,isn't a heavy handed guy. We've done fairly well flushing the turds in the past and eventually the trolls/a-holes pick up their toys and go home.
As for that one guy that is such a pain in the butt... He'll get what's coming to him and get banned eventually. Those typs get bolder and bolder, cross a line that shouldn't be crossed and then will be gone. It's happened before and will happen again.
You should start dogging the a-hole... Nothing worse than a Noob following you around, calling BS after every post. It would be great to see that happen.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Don't let the door hit you in the azz on your way out.

He ask a valid question. You don't have to be a prick every time someone posts.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If someone want to troll the main Fire, that's one thing. They individual 603's referring to is trolling the reloading and shooting threads, i.e. the places where members usually try to be helpful and supporting of other members and our sport. It looks like he's been getting away with it for over 30k posts, so I don't think this situation will self correct anytime soon.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I wonder if the people that spout off so rudely would do so face to face. All the write ups about CF gatherings speak of how friendly, polite, accepting, gentlemanly and open everyone is. Maybe they don't attend.
I am also a little surprised as it seems that the age of the members here seem a little older than other boards I frequent. The comments about the youth of our country going to chit is no surprise if any of the really negative people here have raised kids.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is Big Stick back?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Is Big Stick back?

Aka, little twig, aka stumpie, aka big prick, aka stink.

How could you guess?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/23/14.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Is Big Stick back?

You mean Stink? You been under a rock?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I didn't say I was leaving, but I don't come here as often as I go to a few others. The forums can be interesting at times. Good info on reloading is always welcome, or what everyone's favorite bullet is. And you have the Savage lovers and the Glock lovers and the high end glass guys. It's all interesting and I enjoy offering what I've learned and what I know (and sometimes what I THINK I know) from 50 ish years of hunting and shooting. And...on some of the forums the most knowledgable people can be borderline jerks, but they have good info, so we overlook any social deficiencies they might display from time to time.

But here...you have many knowledgable people with info to share and you also have a few guys that seem to have only a desire to argue and disrupt. I'm not a shrink, nor am I in charge of the forum, but if a person has nothing to offer but insults and vitriol, why are they here? Or better said, why are they allowed to be here? I can't help but think they've been banished from other forums, and have only this place left to share their unhappiness and make their cry for attention.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Compared to most other forums the campfire is basically un moderated. You have to really work at getting kicked off here. Don't say anything stupid and you won't have any problems. Been here 7+ years and as far as I know I haven't had any conflicts with anyone. Certainly nothing from my end. I have on one on ignore and as far as I know, no one is ignoring me. That does not mean there is complete agreement all the time.

One thing I've learned is that some of the most outspoken guys who come across as real A-holes actually have a lot of knowledge. If you can get past their attitude, a lot can be learned from. Others, not so much.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Is Big Stick back?

You mean Stink? You been under a rock?

I have more respect for Stick than I do you. At least he knows about what he posts. You're nothing more than a loud fart that doesn't even stink.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntfest 2014! Too funny!

Rather interesting,how those who Whine the most..."do" the least and it's always the same cast of Mall Ninja Window Lickers cryin' The Blues.

Whine on.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Kchuntfest 2014! Too funny!

Rather interesting,how those who Whine the most..."do" the least and it's always the same cast of Mall Ninja Window Lickers cryin' The Blues.

Whine on.................

Heyy, captain dingleberry. I noticed your profile says your a "timber tramp". Does that mean you travel from lumber camp to lumber camp servicing men... Sounds about right

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think I've noticed you here since you tried to run Houndgirl off.

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,472,995
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.