-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I reckon it would,if you only had (1) decoy to anchor...and the wind wasn't blowing too hard.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The fish hook patten is overrated. One is enough if you have a clue on on the reed

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like a whistle as good as anything and will be in Duck Hell...due the numbers duped with things as lowly as 2 liter pop bottles rattle-canned flat black and partially filled with water.

Not much to it...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should work. Called them in with nary a decoy.

Tests have been done with Hunter orange painted decoys blazened with the word "fake" painted on them.

Drakes still set.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
So you're saying there is a need for multiple charts?

if so.... how do you decide which one to use?

Dog,

I didn't see where anyone wrote that one dope chart works for all conditions in this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You even posted that you have data taped to a turret. So does this fixed data on that turret work for all conditions? I think you mentioned that you have other charts?

Or is this just about the WATCH?

Smoke already broached the subject... you have data for different conditions. That's obvious to all parties involved.

So what does beating on pressure readings have to do with anything when it can be measured instantaneously and WIND is the main issue?

J

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also, I have a really hard time believing that was a 250lb blacktail. Was that serious or a joke!? That buck must have had lead in his hide to weigh 250. How much meat did you get?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4th_point
So you're saying there is a need for multiple charts?

if so.... how do you decide which one to use?

So what does beating on pressure readings have to do with anything when it can be measured instantaneously and WIND is the main issue?

J

I'm not Dogshooter or have ever pretended to be, but pressure affects drop as well as wind.

Drop we can adjust for very accurately if we simply know the atmosphere. Pressure being the most important factor. Wind is always an art and has more affect as pressure increases.

My method is this and is as accurate as data can get with a known load and accurate known data given developed conditions.

I use 2 decommissioned iphones as simple in-the-field PDA's with Ballistic AE installed. I take an accurate atmosphere, Input the data into Ballistic and output a drop and wind chart on the phone. All that needs to be done at this point is to lock the screen and put the damn thing in your pocket. If need arises for a long range shot, normally you'll have plenty of time to range the target and refer to the output for extremely accurate data. Opening the locked screen is as quick and simple as looking at data on your rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Cough Silencer Chronicles is a hoot!

You ever see someone with a Cough Silencer kill anything worth a phuqq?!?

The Streak continues...with The Watch.

Laughing!................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm looking forward to Duck Hell,almost as much as Cat Hell.

I'll know everyone.................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There just might be inherent advantages in gunning daily,in diverse conditions. Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy the JipJappery Fluff Factory................

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Also, I have a really hard time believing that was a 250lb blacktail. Was that serious or a joke!? That buck must have had lead in his hide to weigh 250. How much meat did you get?

That one went 242..... on the scale ....

I'll send a PM with a pic of the one we shot the next day that was 40lbs heavier.

These aren't your high country, rain forest blacktail.... they're lowland, farm country blackies.... and they're well fed.

I do use a ballistic turret.... and it works well.... as long as I'm +/- 2 inHg. I know it cost me a couple targets running the turret down in Raton.... but I wanted to see how well that turret would work under that set of circumstances. I also said I had other charts based on the pressure where I'm shooting. The watch simply ets me know which chart to run.

As illustrated above.... pressure actually has MORE effect on Wind (slightly), than it does elevation.... particularly when we use extremes.... visa vis... blacktail on the coast one week.... and Muleys at 10k the very next week.

I carry a couple charts all the time. When I get to the location I'll be shooting, I take a reading and go with the chart that's closest. No 'guessing'....

Like Ric said..... it all depends on what you're trying to hit. Moose and elk vitals are a lot bigger than coyote and antelope vitals. 12"-18" gongs are a lot easier to hit than 6" gongs.... adjustments must be more precise. Seems like $100 is a pretty cheap way to afford the luxury of not having to guess.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Watch,works GREAT...inside The Fence.

Laughing!.................

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Your chart works great.... from a boat...

Laffin....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Still can't see that pic of you somewhere other than AK ..... or someplace above 6k with a rifle.... or on a roller coaster.... or painted green in a swamp down in Degobah...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...but you've the sweet "satisfactions" of having a cough Silencer on your wrist.

I just hope it don't get hung up on a fence.

Laughing!............

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Hope you don't fall outta the boat....

Laffin...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What GPS do you use,when in a "big" field?

Ca you synch it to The Watch?

Laughing!..................

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You wear a life jacket in the boat.... or just keep your pool floaties on?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Spin one of you JipJap Fluff Phuqqers in a circle in a hayfield and you'd need to shoot a flare for rescue.

Pretty gawdamned phuqqing amazing,how THE dumbest of phuqqs can find "difficulty",where there is none.

"Breaker-breaker...this is Fence Hopper and I'm LOST".

You "hard chargers" are a phuqqing hoot and really "know" your "stuff".

I'm crying I'm laughing sooooooooooo hard!!!..................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That one went 242..... on the scale ....

I'll send a PM with a pic of the one we shot the next day that was 40lbs heavier.

These aren't your high country, rain forest blacktail.... they're lowland, farm country blackies.... and they're well fed.

World record live weight blacktail, I�m most impressed to say the least.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.