Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
So you're saying there is a need for multiple charts?

if so.... how do you decide which one to use?

So what does beating on pressure readings have to do with anything when it can be measured instantaneously and WIND is the main issue?

J

I'm not Dogshooter or have ever pretended to be, but pressure affects drop as well as wind.

Drop we can adjust for very accurately if we simply know the atmosphere. Pressure being the most important factor. Wind is always an art and has more affect as pressure increases.

My method is this and is as accurate as data can get with a known load and accurate known data given developed conditions.

I use 2 decommissioned iphones as simple in-the-field PDA's with Ballistic AE installed. I take an accurate atmosphere, Input the data into Ballistic and output a drop and wind chart on the phone. All that needs to be done at this point is to lock the screen and put the damn thing in your pocket. If need arises for a long range shot, normally you'll have plenty of time to range the target and refer to the output for extremely accurate data. Opening the locked screen is as quick and simple as looking at data on your rifle.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.