-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm at ease speaking matter of factly,mainly because...facts matter.

Just as you are comfy in Whining,if only because that's the only move you've got.

Funny how it works!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never be in a hurry,to make a bad decision.

Schit happens,nice try,no thanks,bye-bye............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You Window Lickers are a hoot!

Noone can attack you,better than you can...by you simply revealing your "best" efforts.

Hint..................

So, you are just going to triple down on the ad hominem demonstrating you have nothing left in the tank?

Been laughing all morning and shared the "dreaded" Triple Whine with a few pards and you've made more than a few folks' day already.

Congratulations?....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So in the name of science and skullphukkery, burned up some chitty groups this afternoon. Rebedded the action and nipped the magbox, etc. Same load/lot/rig...

Outta the gate, all the action screws/bases/rings were "snug":

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Then torqued the action screws:
[Linked Image]

Finally took the works apart and reassembled action screws/bases/rings farmer tight:
[Linked Image]

to be continued......

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Spoke with the Smith today, he had the same exact issues I did. He took my scope and rings off and tried his, still had the issues. Tightened the screws, same thing. Basically gave me the choice of where to start, I elected to have the bedding, and possibly crown recut. Next would be a new barrel, but that's like 9 months out, so that's last resort.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Try a powder change?

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I've tried h1000, us 869 and retumbo with like results.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Casey

Have you tried any other bullets? Like berger 168vld or 180vld? Matrix bullets? I have seen some guys reporting they could not get the accubond long range to shoot good at all but getting great results with other bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Assuming the smith used the same load?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bedding...................(grin)

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'da tinkered with COAL, to rule out the myth....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That'd add humor!................

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
No one has mentioned what long range target shooters on the line have said for many many years... 7mms are weird. Especially if driven faster like 7 Rem Mag.

No one less than David Tubb has said that 7 rem mag and up will drive you nuts with unexplained fliers.

My single example of a 7 mag round, has shown the exact same trait as yours. It shoots 2 and 1 groups pretty consistent. And large enough that its not a long range gun at all. I"ve gone through 3 bullets, 3 powders so far.

It is the last douglas barrel I'll use though. But it may well be that its not the barrel at all.

The bedding shows no signs of action movement as you torque or un torque. By mounted dial indicator at least. As far as I know thats been a good way to chekc on bedding issues.

Crown issues in the past do not show 2 and 1. They are just erratic groups period.

But one could easily relieve the bedding and rebed, though if running a dial indicator test on the gun shows it to be fine, then I"d say not bedding at all.

Seating depth is what I'd play with. It can make some big differences at times. But I wouldn't do small increments, take the best load and run it in and out substantially and see if you get any signs of worse or better. A simple minor move of say .010 ain't gonna show stuff, given the ogive variation of most bullets from one to another.

If I ever decide to put a new tube on my 7 mag, I'll go for a top line tube, nothing like a Pac Nor or such. Just move right on up to what I consider top line, Krieger, Rock etc... would be intersting to see, but I have other things going on instead of that at the moment.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You poor poor CLUELESS phuqq.

Wow...............

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I still wouldn't discount a gun over only one bullet.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Antelope Sniper, you are wasting your time on Big Stick. He has more than a decade of posts proving that he is hopeless in regards to civil and helpful communication. Why he was ever allowed to return is beyond me. Of course he will now start in on me.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Rufous, thanks for the insight. I just like to be fair and give folks an opportunity to make their own decision. Stumpies made his, and in the process did a great job of showing his real persona. He may be knowledgeable within his limited sphere, but in the end, he's a dick because he chooses to be a dick.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't fault him. He can't help it.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I am loading 150 grain accubond lr for 270 win for this season! all test ammo seated .015 off lands. worked up by .5 increments on powder. Started with lowest and when i got to a little over 3000fps she dialed in one ragged hole. I went from frustrated to happy in four groups.

Do as I say do, not as I do!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rufous
Antelope Sniper, you are wasting your time on Big Stick. He has more than a decade of posts proving that he is hopeless in regards to civil and helpful communication. Why he was ever allowed to return is beyond me. Of course he will now start in on me.

I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Sounds like you've ample opportunity and substance,in which to find me "mistaken".

PLEASE do...it will be FUNNY................

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 20 invisible), 1,984 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,707
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.