Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Exercising force if we so choose should be done in a manner never to leave a doubt in the minds of our adversaries about intent or commitment.Lately we send a weak hollow message full of olive branches to any enemy that recognizes nothing but our total destruction via our elected imposter of the West Wing.

Preach it, Brother Woody, preach it!

Scorched earth should be the order of the day. Find a way to reincarnate Blackjack Pershing and put him in charge. Maybe add Genghis Khan as his XO.

As to the OP, no, I don't want us to "invade" Iraq again. We have enough troubles here and now without escalating our troop involvement.

That said, war is Hell and ISIS/ISIL should have that point brought to their immediate and focused attention.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 08/28/14. Reason: added text

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No,

But I wouldn't be at all adverse to wide spread carpet bombing followed by AC-130's picking off anything that still moved, spec ops confirming there was nothing left and cleaning up anything that made it through the first two gauntlets.

I know for a fact you don't win a war with tactical strikes and two hands behind your back rules of engagement. There should be massive casualties and widespread destruction. The locals will take care of ISIS because they'll know the fate of having us come in will be 10 times worse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As you know only too well we fought a VC insurgenceny went toe to toe with highly trained NVA and kept them continually on the ropes but the talking heads showed their weak hand in this high steaks card game and we came out losers.Lesson learned?..apparently nothing as history tragecially repeats itself over and over..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's because their ignorance is surpassed only by their arrogance. They don't look at history, their egos tell them that THEY are making history, so not to worry about the past.

Hubris, plain and simple.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Destroy their war machinery, degrade their assets, give them occasional daisy cutters just to improve their morale, feed em to the kurds. Remember, they are not humans. This is fumigation.

This is not just going to go away, especially when they have oil revenue. Letting the rats breed is not an option.

We need to mow the lawn. It is a war of attrition to be waged decisively in every clever way, unapologetically.

I am glad the Iraqis got to see what these guys do to their POWs. Maybe they will decide it is better to fight than roll over.

Yep, the problem is the money they get from oil. Sounds like UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc need to be bombed to me.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Screw Nation building. Screw policing other Nations problems. Hunt down and kill terrorists.

I'm fine with going in and busting Iraq up every now and then. It's the word "invade" in the OP's question that I have a problem with.

Counselor, I LIKE your attitude.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Well,....I guess I don't much give a fug one way or another.

This country is pretty much rurnt either way.

I guess more than anything, I wonder where they're findin' these people who'll sign on to go halfway around the world a fight a useless war for minimum wage and dental insurance.

I know times are hard,...but fuggit. As long as there's a pizza that needs to be delivered, I cain't see why *any*body would sign on to fight wars for the chitheads who make up the U.S. government.

I wouldn't take a job mowin' them sumbitches yards,....much less put my life on the line by blowin' up cavemen some fuggin' where.

Them people who look for employment in the military need to lay down and rest until the notion passes.

Ain't nobody in their right mind goes off to fight wars voluntarily.

It's fuggin' crazy.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Help wanted.

Young men to go sleep in tents,..get et on by bugs,...shoot people,..wear funny lookin' clothes,...eat chitty food,..get bossed around by azzholes,...and you're liable to get killed in the process.

Minimum wage and we'll fix that rotten molar for yas.

Apply within.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Now,...what kinda damn fool submits a resume for *that* job?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
No, let them deal with their own problems.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No.
The mid East cannot be "fixed",
by us or anyone else.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
NO,,, I think we should keep a better eye on who comes and goes here and find the people here that want to do us in and burn them alive on national tv. Then close the borders up tighter than dicks hat band send the illegals home and defend out country. Let the crazies kill each other long as they aren't killing us I don't give a damn what they do.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I guess more than anything, I wonder where they're findin' these people who'll sign on to go halfway around the world a fight a useless war for minimum wage and dental insurance.

I know times are hard,...but fuggit. As long as there's a pizza that needs to be delivered, I cain't see why *any*body would sign on to fight wars for the chitheads who make up the U.S. government.

I wouldn't take a job mowin' them sumbitches yards,....much less put my life on the line by blowin' up cavemen some fuggin' where.

Them people who look for employment in the military need to lay down and rest until the notion passes.

It's fuggin' crazy.

You're welcome.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no,go straight to saudia arabia and blow the whole place up. they are terrorist funders. the only country in the world that we don't watch is saudia arabia and its full terrorists training camps for that reason. and i got this info straight from a general.he's said for years that nothing will ever change in that part of world until the saudi's are dead.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
that is right.
Seventeen Saudi's attack the us, and we attack Iraq!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
That's because their ignorance is surpassed only by their arrogance. They don't look at history, their egos tell them that THEY are making history, so not to worry about the past.

Hubris, plain and simple.

Ed

Spot on in spades...

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

It's fuggin' crazy.

You're welcome.

You've never done anything for me.

I'm fairly obsessive about not asking for favors because I'm obsessive about not being in anyone's debt.

You did what you did for your own reasons.

I don't figure into any of them.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
A better question might have been how many years before we do... Not like this isn't going to be a recurring theme.

It's proven a great place fer dog waggin'!

Third world countries send chills up my spine when I consider what a threat they pose to my freedom...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD

It's fuggin' crazy.

You're welcome.

Bristle is right.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/28/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That pisses me off,...I gotta tell ya.

Somebody jumps up and runs off to fight in Obama's wars,...then comes back to America,...points their finger at me and says, "You're welcome".,....like I owe 'em something.

If you want something for doing it, you need to go see Bush or Obama.

I didn't ask you to go fight a stupid war somewhere in the Middle East.

,...so don't stick your hand out to me expecting payment.

You've been played for a fool by the government,...and in the process, you've put me and mine in harms way from the enemies of America that you've made.

If you want a pat on the back for doing so,...you need to talk to an Israeli.

,..ain't a damn thing positive coming my way from your efforts,...and that's a fact.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1minute, 338rcm, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.