Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Personally, i don't see the need for a mini auto. In any caliber.
I felt the same way for decades, and carried model 36's and a Charter arms 44spcl for a long time. But my mini auto's hide out in a jeans pocket - front or back - far better than a 2 inch 38 or similar. And that is the 'problem' as I see it, for the Model 42 Glock. It is very phat and sharp and bulky for pocket carry, and if one is going to holster carry anyway, no reason not to go with a 9x19 etc.

Last edited by safariman; 08/27/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Personally, i don't see the need for a mini auto. In any caliber.
I felt the same way for decades, and carried model 36's and a Charter arms 44spcl for a long time. But my mini auto's hide out in a jeans pocket - front or back - far better than a 2 inch 38 or similar. And that is the 'problem' as I see it, for the Model 42 Glock. It is very phat and sharp and bulky for pocket carry, and if one is going to holster carry anyway, no reason not to go with a 9x19 etc.

Considering that the G42s aren't staying on shelves long at all in most locations, it looks as if most aren't seeing the 'problem' you see.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Time will tell. There will always be a group of Glockaholics that jump on anything different from Gaston's company. Whether the Model 42 challenges the LCP, P3AT, Kahr CW380 etc in sales is yet to be known.

I would actually LIKE to be wrong on this, as in my opinion the more guns that are being purchased and carried the better for the safety of our people and our nation as well as the gun industry.

The plethora of new manufactures of guns and ammunition is a good thing, too. SCCY, for example, seems to be getting their act together after a bit of a rough start. I am hearing good things about their latest stuff, and I am happy for that even though I will never likely own one.

Mo guns be mo betta! Long live the Glock 42 and ALL of the other new guns! grin

4ager, you now have two PM's from me waiting for an answer. Thanks in advance for the reply(s)

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SCCY is complete crap.

You have a reply.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yeah, the sccy is a Kel Tec P-11 by any other name.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The P-11 is not very good, either.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm no real fan of the Kel Tec in most any form. Honestly, I think the best thing they make is the little P32. It fits nicely into the role of the 3rd or 4th gun.

I'd prefer it to the NAA 22 magnum for that application.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I'm no real fan of the Kel Tec in most any form. Honestly, I think the best thing they make is the little P32. It fits nicely into the role of the 3rd or 4th gun.

I'd prefer it to the NAA 22 magnum for that application.

Joel, IMO, that role is the best one for any of these micro pistols. Personally, and having a bit of knowledge about how much stress/ adrenaline/tunneling happens in a situation bade enough to require the drawing of a gun, I want a "comforting" gun, not one that may require an above average level of dexterity to operate, or even draw in a high stress situation. I want something that is substantial enough to offer me a big enough grip that I can get it into play without excessive fumbling in a high stress encounter. A J frame is as small as I go

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Understand your point completely.

And I agree.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Understand your point completely.

And I agree.

I should also expand to say that I also think these micro pistols require specific training in presentation tactics. IMO pocket carry has it's own unique obstacles that need unique training in tactics involved in it's use.

I have to wonder how many guys that choose to pocket carry have ever tried to get that gun and effectively draw it from the pocket with there heart rate pimping, and someone "in their face".

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There you go, John. Asking those police questions.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Not intentionally. Personally, i think an average joe armed citizen is more likely to be a victim of a "hands on" initial attack than we are on average. It just seems wise to me to know what my chosen carry doctrine is going to be capable of before I need it, and if it isn't. It's time to find another way

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't entirely disagree that the average citizen is more likely to face a deadly force encounter than a uniformed police officer. I also know, unfortunately, that had I not been blessed with the opportunity to train with firearms due to my occupation, I would have still carried a firearm, but I would have been blissfully ignorant of so many things...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I mos worded my thought( it's happened alot today). What I meant was that i think as a uniformed cop, we are more apt to not be totally surprised when faced with a possible DF situation where as joe public may be quite oblivious as he listens to his IPod with his ear buds and niqqer lips a bottle of mountain dew while he walks down an alleyway

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That is a valid point as well.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Micro pistols just seem to be a bad fad to me. In a third our fourth gun capacity no problem with em, but i'd wanna train with getting them out in uncomfortable, contorted positions.

But for me they aren't a primary carry piece

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well, if it is a fad, it got started back in the day of the vest pocket .25 autos. Prior to that, it was the stack barrel Remington deringers.

I don't think any of them were ever really intended to be primary guns, but folks get funny ideas about firearms.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well, if it is a fad, it got started back in the day of the vest pocket .25 autos. Prior to that, it was the stack barrel Remington deringers.

I don't think any of them were ever really intended to be primary guns, but folks get funny ideas about firearms.

I know the practice has been around since Christ was a Cadet. And i think you're absolutely correct about the "secondary" role.

But it seems everuwhere I turn today i see people saying. "Just load it, and slip in your jeans pocket, you won't even know it's there".

Just seems like there is so much wrong with that statement

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yep. You won't even know it is there, and you won't even remember you had it till after you have already given your wallet and watch away to the nice man in the ski mask.

There is quite a bit wrong with the statement.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My thoughts, prcisely. Yet. Peole who buy them take that as gospel, cause the "gun guy told 'em that when they bought it"

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,903
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.