Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by headhunter130
...but a crime with a gun, you give up your legal to own firearms for the rest of your life.

And just like now only the trustworthy law-abiders will be gunless. You disarmed the good guys.

How is a murderer, rapist, kidnapper, or a robber who robs and uses a gun to do it, etc. a good guy?

NRA Benefactor life member

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Truth be known, most here would be felons if caught for all the sheit they pulled.

Ohh, man. Good one.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
guns clubs, shooting ranges, etc.? What is everyone's opinion?
I believe background checks should be done on all members and if you are a convicted felon, you should not even have a firearm, much less be a member. Just wondering what everyone thinks.
What are unalienable rights?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
with the exception of Family Violence
Which I believe does not have to involve either family or violence.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
guns clubs, shooting ranges, etc.? What is everyone's opinion?
I believe background checks should be done on all members and if you are a convicted felon, you should not even have a firearm, much less be a member. Just wondering what everyone thinks.

The Founding Fathers did not establish a legal mechanism whereby Free Men lost their 2nd Amendment right. If a Free Man should, by the will of Congress, lose his right to own a gun then shouldn't he also give up his right to speak out in a public forum, act in a stage play/movie, write books/speeches/etc.?? As I get older the erosion of our rights becomes more egregious every day.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny how some that "love freedom" are all for passing a new law for this, or a new law for that.... As long as they agree with the law.

Nearly 250 years of a bunch of azzhole politicians passing laws for whatever pops into their small minds results in what we have now. Hardly ANY freedom at all. But it sure doesn't take long in day to day life to violate one or more of them, or step over a civil line that will get you sued...

Every time someone passes a new law, or files a lawsuit, we all lose that much more freedom.

Entitlements are expected now. They are written into the laws. Politics and political favors are written into the laws and lawsuits.

And we wonder why the blacks riot, and seem so ignorant in what they believe? Entitlements. Legal ones.

Wonder why your kid is expelled from school for drawing a picture of a gun, or saying a prayer?

We'd better get back to basics. Soon.

Quit worrying if the guy shooting next to you at the gun club wrote a hot check when he was in college. Damn. We got bigger fish to fry...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you are deemed safe enough to be in society all Constitutional rights should be restored in my opinion.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All proponents of any form of gun control should go read the definition of inalienable, then rights, then liberty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The sad thing is many if not most so called conservatives couldn't handle the freedom and responsibility it carries as envisioned by the founders.

One of the costs of freedom is that everyone is alloted those freedoms, even if they don't look like you, vote like you, shoot the same type of gun as you, drive the same brand of truck as you, root for the same football team as you, go to the same church as you, speak like you or think like you. Unless and until one can accept that even ex-cons, morons and (fill in the blank)'s have the same rights as you, you aren't ready to be free.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The sad thing is many if not most so called conservatives couldn't handle the freedom and responsibility it carries as envisioned by the founders.

One of the costs of freedom is that everyone is alloted those freedoms, even if they don't look like you, vote like you, shoot the same type of gun as you, drive the same brand of truck as you, root for the same football team as you, go to the same church as you, speak like you or think like you. Unless and until one can accept that even ex-cons, morons and (fill in the blank)'s have the same rights as you, you aren't ready to be free.

That's another place we have failed...

Giving our kids a proper upbringing, and teaching them right from wrong and what to do and not do. Family structure is diminished.

It's no surprise to see various acts and behaviors that we witness today, given that the kids are now adults.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
ATF used to have a program to restore firearms rights. The guy had to complete his jail time, and his probation. He had to pay all fines.
Then he applied to ATF and they did an investigation. It helped his case considerably if he had not broken any more laws, including DUI, and if he had a job and was self supporting.

Under this law ATF restored firearms rights to thousands of convicted felons. Anybody who had been convicted of using a firearm robbing a bank, etc, had no chance of getting gun rights restored.

In 1993, the President pushed Congress to de-fund this program, and it was de-funded.
Do you remember who was First Lady, and by her husband's account, "co-President" at that time?

The program still exists, but with no funding, it has gone out of existence. Nobody has had federal firearms rights restored since 1993.

Georgia has a program to restore firearms rights. Basically same thing as the now-defunct ATF program, person has to be a one-time offender, no firearms involved in their felony, and has to have completed jail and probation and paid all fines, and gun rights are restored.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
My personal opinion, (yours may differ, and that's OK), is that there should be no restrictions, regardless of whatever crime they have been convicted of. If they are deemed ready to return to society as productive members, then let them return as full members; gun rights included. If they are too dangerous to allow them to return to society, then allow them to take a one way ride with Ol' Sparky. You can't have it both ways, they're rehabilitated, or they ain't........

What does released have to do with rehabilitated ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
If you are deemed safe enough to be in society all Constitutional rights should be restored in my opinion.

Travis

Go back and read what the Lt said about being released.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say a gun club, where everyone is armed, is the least likely place in the world for violence to break out.

Background check him if he wants to work in a compulsory government confinement school, where everyone is guaranteed by the State to be a hapless victim.

Gun clubs can make any rules they want, but in mine, the most important question would be whether he was capable of handling a gun safely.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDFinn

I read the entire thread. Hasn't changed my view on anything.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Back ground checks, in one form or another, are required to purchase a firearm, take out loans or apply for credit and to work in certain jobs. These checks use your social security number and/or drivers license number etc. I will not give either of these to the good old boy at the shooting range to log into his card file or Windows 95 computer. What is, or is not in my file....is none of his and his buddy's business. There are laws disallowing convicted felons from firearm possession in many states. Parole officers and the Police are expected to make sure the ex-felon complies with the laws in that state, not the retired guy working at the range. Besides, after retiring from the Department Of Corrections I'm more concerned about the guy returning from war with PTSD and 9 year olds at the range than ex-felons.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I read the entire thread. Hasn't changed my view on anything.

Travis

Would you be OK with a sex offender moving in next door to you after his release (rehabilitation) as well ?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What does released have to do with rehabilitated ?

Not exactly sure what you mean. If it can be proven that they're rehabilitated, then they should be released, with ALL of their rights intact. If it can't be proven, then they shouldn't be released, period. PROVEN is the key word, though, as it's about impossible to do. I'll go ahead and throw another log on the fire, though. I don't believe ANYONE should be sentenced to more than 10 years in prison. If their crime is so heinous that the courts feel that a criminal should not be allowed to rejoin society for a longer period than that, if ever, then they should walk them out the back door of the courthouse and put them down.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's my point. To my knowledge, there isn't any test, evaluation or measure required prior to release. If they severed their sentence, they are free to go. Some, not all obviously, suffer from bad mental wiring and will never be safe to roam amongst us, yet are released anyway.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Whether someone is or is not rehabilitated has nothing to do with whether we should or should not be required to submit to a back ground check at our local shooting ranges. Which I believe is what the original post asked.

And surely we are all smart enough to know that Prisons are warehouses and not rehabilitative. Sentences are largely governed by state budgets and not the crime. We also know society does not have the stomach to "put down" those we find deserving.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,890
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.