I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Work a full day laugh ... you mean 8 hours of work shocked

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
A
Akbob5 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by rost495
Full day here. Started at 630 this morning after staying the night caring for MIL.
Washed 2 fire trucks.
Came to work. Will be here until 5pm.
Then wash 3 more fire trucks for parade on saturday.
Then straight to the fair to sit with a fire truck for kids taking pictures until later.

Then up at 530 to get the fire auxiliary trailer loaded with hay for the parade.

Paraded at 10am, back to fair every night through Sunday.

Plus on call fire/ems ....

But still trying to shoot and pack for Alaska somehow plus plant oats patch. ANd load ammo for Alaska.

Should be a long hot weekend.

Rost,

Had a buddy drive tour bus in Denali, he started off washing the busses, said it was the hardest physical labor he had done. Good luck with the fire trucks.

What's on the list in AK?

Good visit and help friends at home, and hopefully a week in the woods looking for a 50 inch plus bull. Regardless it'll be 2 weeks in AK, temps under 100, and it'll all work out. Even given the almost 4 travel days involved. Who can complain about driving a long ways in AK since you are in AK. I"m sure it gets boring to you locals though.

Washing is part of the game. The gamble is... wash in least used order, and cross your fingers we dont' just wash and wax and then have to fight a fire... and then wash again for parade...LOL. We have left station with truck one having soap all over it before..... I"m sure it looked funny for a few blocks...

Rost, no longer an AK resident. Moved to ID in 97. Sorry if my "handle" misled you. It was my EBay name and sounded as good as anything when I joined the Fire.

.GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Akbob5 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Roger, sorry to hear no days off.

Virgil, sounds like you're on your toes there protecting the friendly airspace in and around your birdfeeders. Couldn't think of a more patriotic thing to do over the weekend. Godspeed and may you have a smooth trigger-squeeze!

Hotload, define it how you want, apply yourself as required. There's a cool one somewhere!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Leave early... Probably not.

We had a mold line down when I left last night. Millwrights are suppose to have cut some steel this morning, I'll try to cram in twelve hours of machining into six when I get there this afternoon.

Twelve more days and I'm headed to Colorado to chase elk & muledeer! grin

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Working? Which job? My day job or the ranch?

No "off days" unless I sneak in a few days off while on the road as I did last week.

Tractor quit again (bad fuel, again) so that's first on the agenda when I'm through here in the office today.

Tomorrow? Repair another section of fence downed by a dead tree (which involves cutting said tree up), kill a beaver or two, trim a couple of horses feet, mow the yard, move round bales out of hay meadow to hay yard, replace bush hog blades, replace worn fuel system on string trimmer, burn two large brush piles, kill more beavers, finish making a couple of reloading blocks for .45-70, and find time to reload some .45-70 & .45LC.
Might even get to work on my shooting bench if I can find that 25th hour in one of the days.

Holiday? What's that? Retirement ain't all it's cracked up to be. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Working? Which job? My day job or the ranch?

No "off days" unless I sneak in a few days off while on the road as I did last week.

Tractor quit again (bad fuel, again) so that's first on the agenda when I'm through here in the office today.

Tomorrow? Repair another section of fence downed by a dead tree (which involves cutting said tree up), kill a beaver or two, trim a couple of horses feet, mow the yard, move round bales out of hay meadow to hay yard, replace bush hog blades, replace worn fuel system on string trimmer, burn two large brush piles, kill more beavers, finish making a couple of reloading blocks for .45-70, and find time to reload some .45-70 & .45LC.
Might even get to work on my shooting bench if I can find that 25th hour in one of the days.

Holiday? What's that? Retirement ain't all it's cracked up to be. grin

Ed

Holy cats glad I ain't that busy! smile

LOL
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Physically in the office all day but "work"?

Well, I'm posting here... blush

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Holy cats glad I ain't that busy! smile

And folks wonder why I could care less about spectator sports. I live life, not watch other people play games. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I try not to work a full day any day wink . But I don't get weekends or holidays off "with pay" - being self-employed has both its pluses and minuses . . . I ain't complaining, though.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The wife and I have choice. Working today and will be home all weekend. We will start our holiday on Sept 3 (when everyone else is gone) with a 5-day white water/steelhead float.

Bringing the wife home after that, and then I'm going back for 12 days.

Life is great!

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
only sorta working....after we got a couple of offices carpeted yesterday my "boss" said we might do one more today before he heads for the Black Hills, waiting on the call.....then ive got nothing to do till he gets back on Tuesday and we will finish up the building next week....first time in 13 years i aint really working more than full time minus a couple weeks healing up from back surgery a few years back....

prolly spend the weekend going through all the chit Darla boxed up while i was out at ScottF's since what lil ive seen so far shows she didnt do what i asked so should prolly inventory just what i do and dont have....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I left on Wednesday to come to Alaska to visit my son. But its not that I work that hard anyway, as I'm semi-retired. Nice break after 3 weeks of work just getting back from So. Africa. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not leaving town till Sat. nite,

so yes I'm working a long day today.

but then I may not come back till tues. or wed.

life has it's rewards

and lordy but this life has been good to me

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Kids just can't handle their booze anymore..

Laffin'.
Good schit.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing going on today and the phone is silent. Nobody calls in the last couple hours before a three day weekend so we're packing up early. One of the few benefits of owning your business is the flexibility in hours. We work long enough throughout the year to get a break now and again like today and the company fishing trip next month.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
11 hour shifts straight through from today to next Tues. I'm filling in for a co-worker on Labor Day and she's filling in for me so I can go to a gun show the following week.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
10 hrs today, 8 tomorrow, then 3 days off. Will be soaking eggs and pulling plugs for silvers with my wife and boys for a couple of days. Hard to focus on salmon though with 10 days of moose hunting coming up in a couple of weeks.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No holiday here. In two weeks it will be Chuseok (Harvest Celebration) here in Koreans shut down for three days. A big holiday for them. I will work and take them when I get home a week later.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (12344mag, 3333vl, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 160user, 2UP, 16 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,779
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.