Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
It's an itch that'll have to wait until November,when I get some (cotton) money.

By that time the itch maybe something different. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
HR IC

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

By that time the itch maybe something different. wink

Ain't that the truth

So many rifles,

so little time.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Who you kidding.. that would just be another litany of insults.

Hardly a "secret" that the '06 sucks heavy ass,but it do suck less ass than the H&H,as per the parcel cited.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yeah.

My wife had the itch for a double rifle in .470 NE and after I showed her the price of them...well..it disappeared...real quick.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by rattler
you do realize Stick that if everyone had the same taste you wouldnt have any Kimbers to play with cause wasnt that long ago you were only interested in their near opposite as far as action features...

i love my Kimber Montana but it aint THE answer to all problems or tastes and while i do grab it when i head out the door most the time it doesnt follow me all the time cause i am a rifle loony and like using other stuff.....and hell the only reason i settled on the Montana was weight and the stock fits me so the balance is good....

Odd,I don't recall having cited ANY rifle.

Did I think highly of the Kimber Montana,prior to their being Invented? Nope. Did I immediately appreciate their splendor,at inception? Yep.

Hell...I may even have more than one rifle.

Laughing!...............

You'd be better served to take that kind of money for a Kimber anything to Vegas. It's roulette no matter how you play it.

If you really want to take the chance out of things, start with a decent action and screw on a decent barrel with a bedded edge. Group therapy takes less time that way. Hint...

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Who you kidding.. that would just be another litany of insults.

Hardly a "secret" that the '06 sucks heavy ass,but it do suck less ass than the H&H,as per the parcel cited.

Hint.................

You apparently missed my post saying the .300 H&H is skookum.

Pay Attention!

The piece in the #4 Barnes Manual about the .300 H&H was written by an extremely intelligent and devastatingly handsome fellow who said it was skookum, and I believe him!

Last edited by ingwe; 08/30/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are in sooooooooo far over your head,I hope someone pumps daylight to you...if only to grant you opportunity to try again.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I needn't read anything,as I've suffered the chambering in SAAMI and Improved form.

Nice having all the T-shirts.................(hint)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It doesn't sound nice...

...it sounds miserable.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Geedub,I got the Interarms Mark X Mini-Mauser .223 Rem. It had a Weaver K6-C3 scope which is now off and a Leupold 6x42mm now on. It weighs 7 lbs as is with a 20" barrel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What's something like that run?

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
With the Weaver K6-C3 on it,it cost $350 plus tax.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are at the mercy of your perceptors and faculties...which adds nicely to the humor. Must be really "rewarding",to offer guesses,instead of knowing. You "lucky" bitch. Laughing!

Now having BD/DT many moons ago and numerous times,I'd probably not cajole someone to go the H&H Path as a means of 30al gratifications,due the aforementioned concessions.

Looking forward to your next Whine..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How many times did you have to wash your hands with bleach,to remove the stench?

Just curious................

Slavek Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by keystoneben
Geedub,I got the Interarms Mark X Mini-Mauser .223 Rem. It had a Weaver K6-C3 scope which is now off and a Leupold 6x42mm now on. It weighs 7 lbs as is with a 20" barrel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What's something like that run?

Might want to check with J&G sales. Few months ago they sent me flyer in which then had wooden stocked versions (regular and full length Mannlicher style) in .223 & 7.62x39. The price was $369 or $399.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
How many times did you have to wash your hands with bleach,to remove the stench?

Just curious................

I'm reminded of a story I heard..........

A Muslim immigrant goes to a doctor in Dearborn, Michigan and says, "I
feel terrible."

The Doctor examines him and then says, "You need to pee and crap in a
bucket for a week, then throw in a dead fish and a rotting cabbage.
Finally, put a towel over your head hold your face over the bucket and
inhale the vapors for 3 days."

The man does this and goes back to the Doctor and says, "I feel wonderful!
What was wrong with me?"

"You were homesick."

B,
you ever get homesick?

JAFO,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/31/14.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Slavek Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The H&H is the schittiest of the Big 30's on the belted hull. It has the greatest length,for the least capacity...which is always a piss poor trade,due to COAL.

Stock design is horrid and they are heavy,but they do make some racket which cheers some folks up..............

I used to own CZ 500 full-stocked 9,3x62 and .300H&H Browning Safari Grade and this Winchester is lighter and better handling rifle. While hardly in Mountain rifle category it isn't bad "little" gun at all. The reason I bought it is the stock fits me well and the gun handles pretty well.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice find Slavek, Don't mind little schtikk, no one else sees the world from his point of view because it's impossible to get our heads that far up our azzes

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,

It weren't an opinion...but facts.

Congratulations on being so "steeped",that something as glaringly phuqqing obvious escapes your "abilities".

Bless your heart..................

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sweetheart,

It weren't an opinion...but facts.

Congratulations on being so "steeped",that something as glaringly phuqqing obvious escapes your "abilities".

Bless your heart..................

What is fact, is that you are a useless, ignorant azzhole. It's probably also fact that you like didling little boys and beating your spouse.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't mean to horn you up.

The only thing you shoot,is your mouth and Imagination...in no particular order.

Congratulations?

Laughing!................

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (44mc, 35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 15 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,950
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.