Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
And honestly, i feel schitty and really indifferent/ un excited about it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
As long as it comes out with all ten and ten, be thankful.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh I am Tom, it's just an initial let down I guess

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Holy [bleep], don't let your wife know that. Ever.

You'll change your mind about this pretty quick, but your wife will never, ever forget something you say about it today.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They can do all the things boys can do. Ask my wife. Her father was quite the outdoorsman and had three girls�.so she was the "boy"�.went hunting and fishing with him everywhere, and I benefitted from it later, having a wife that took my trophies off the walls to put hers up! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I understand wanting a son, but a Baby is a gift from God no matter what.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You'll change your mind about this pretty quick, but your wife will never, ever forget something you say about it today.

Truer words�

When my father was born his mother was openly disappointed about him not being a girl.His older brother became-and remained- the "favorite".

Don't let that happen.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
to be 100% honest, i was too when our first turned out to be a girl. but i got over it quick and you will too. every man should have a daughter. mine is almost 22 now and she has been a delight her entire life.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gender was the last thing I thought of.

Pray for healthy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
in the end it doesnt matter:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Felt the same way with my girl on the first one and again on the second one. I wouldn't trade either one of them for a boy.

To be honest I was pretty indifferent about my kids until they started interacting with me. I didn't really form a bond with either of them until they were 2 to 3 years old. Moms are different, they love them instantly, dads are genetically programed to not give a fugg.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Girls rock. You're going to have a great time..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

What you should feel schitty about is even thinking such a thing never mind posting it. Ick. frown

Daughters [bleep]in' ROCK. They can do anything sons can do plus they have the added benefit of LISTENING when you talk to them.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't have kids of my own but have two stepdaughters that I wouldn't trade for the world. Interestingly, when the older one announced a grandchild was on the way, my wife just "assumed" it was going to be a girl. When we got the news it was to be a boy, she was visibly shaken and all she could say is "now what am I goig to do?" Having raised only girls, it really threw her off. We now have two grandsons and my wife wouldn't have it any other way. Granted, she is still hopeful that her younger daughter will give her a granddaughter someday...

As others have said - gender would be the last thing I'd be concerned with. I truly hope all goes well for all of you and you have a healthy baby daughter. I'd be tickled to death if I were in your shoes...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Many men have been disappointed at that news. Nobody who has ever had a baby girl would agree.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Even though females are inferior to males, I still like my daughters and I'm thankful they're healthy more than anything.

Medical stuff is very expensive.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We raised three of each. All three of my girls and two of my granddaughters can all out shoot my boys.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing makes you feel like a raging juggernaut of overprotectiveness like a girl:

[Linked Image]

I got grandson's for the machismo stuff.

I get them to talk smack, climb stuff, get dirty and filthy, then I release them to their parents.

BAM!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I thought it was Travis that said that if you blow real hard in her nose right after she's born there's still a chance...

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great pic!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the summer prior to our first daughter being born the world learned about thalidomide babies. We didn't know the gender until the birth but the only thing we could think about was having a healthy child.

We have two daughters one 49 and one almost 55. We refer to them as our two "treasures". A boy might have been nice but we have never regretted the two girls.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It's too bad you feel that way. Girls are a gift from God(dess).

Let your little girl be herself, don't try turning her into a boy.

Congratulations.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Even though females are inferior to males, I still like my daughters and I'm thankful they're healthy more than anything.

Medical stuff is very expensive.

Travis

I wasn't rooting for boy vs. girl with either of the grandsons, but do have to admit I was a bit more excited than my wife and stepdaughters when we found out number one was a boy. For my wife's benefit, I was kind of hoping for a girl with number two...

Healthy is everything - first grandson had a dificult birth and came out gray in color and not breathing. They had to rush him straight to infant ICU and revive him - it was a terrible thing to experience.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I have no idea how to teach a girl things like trapping, or being a Linebacker.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

hell Kate would play tackle football out on the lawn with her guy friends and was just as aggressive as any guy.....i dont trap so that didnt come up but she was out shooting varmints with me regularly and loved it.....you will be surprised what your daughter will do with you if you include her and dont just brush her off cause she is a girl....involve her and you will both enjoy the hell out of it

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hell soon as she has some time off we are gonna go out cause she wants to shoot my AR.....she is 19 and has her own life but she wants to make time to shoot with me....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Those little girls are just too special. Re-visit this page in about 4 years and tell us how you feel then.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Let your daughter be herself. She will teach you what you need to know to be a good Dad. At Irish dance competitions I see some biker type dads at these competitions with tats, piercings and et al who are proud Dads of their little girls.

Chill out your little girl is a precious gift that you will learn to enjoy in ways you can't begin to imagine.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I know the feeling. It wasn't until #4 that we got a boy, and #5 (aka "the last one") is a boy. We love them all. It is fun to have both. There have been days I was fairly serious about trading each of them in on a new model, but seriously they're all keepers.

Pray for a healthy baby and you'll find in no time she'll have you wrapped around her little finger in a way mom can't...and you'll be smiling all the way!

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My daughter is a great shot, but she doesn't hunt.

At 13, she can hold her own in a kitchen - she makes a screaming shrimp creole, among other things.

To be honest, I'm sure I wanted a son before she was born, but if I had any misgivings before she was born, they are so far out of reach, I don't even know for sure.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by T_O_M
[quote=gitem_12]And honestly, i feel schitty and really indifferent/ un excited about it

What you should feel schitty about is even thinking such a thing never mind posting it. Ick. frown

Daughters [bleep]in' ROCK. They can do anything sons can do plus they have the added benefit of LISTENING when you talk to them.

Tom [/quote

EXACTLY !

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
More likely she's gonna teach you about having tea,pony's and dress up. wink

You'll enjoy every moment!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Grils are better than boys about taking care of you when you are old. She will probably be better looking than a boy and marry a rich lawyer who has hunting land. Odds are high she will look much better than you. Be thankful for that. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I felt the same way, I didn't have sisters growing up so had no idea what to expect. Just roll with the punches and you will figure it out.

It is laughable that you thought you would know what to do with a boy though. I tell you nothing prepares you for being a parent, except being a parent.

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Miss Lynn speaks the truth...although I've had a hard time getting past the eye rolling from my oldest girl (15), but I do know she's listening.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by NTG
Miss Lynn speaks the truth...although I've had a hard time getting past the eye rolling from my oldest girl (15), but I do know she's listening.

Well, at least you know she's practicing up for marrying a guy.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Well get excited, and while you are doing that, listen to this. Because you can stay the way you are right now and someday be torn to pieces by regret, or you can be the way a little girl's Dad is supposed to be, and be so very thankful for her everyday of your life....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Teach em the same and you will get the same results. Boy, girl doesnt matter. My girls are huntin/fishin fools and I wouldnt change a damn thing.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beautiful song.

Another point to bring out. I see many disappointed dads who have sons that prefer ballet, singing, playing an instrument, quilting, etc. instead of the manly arts. Each child, whether a boy or girl have their own character and nature and that character and nature may be very far removed mom's and dad's character and nature.

Each child is a unique individual with a unique character and nature and each child has to be allowed to march to their own tune and their own time.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by heavywalker

I felt the same way, I didn't have sisters growing up so had no idea what to expect. Just roll with the punches and you will figure it out.

It is laughable that you thought you would know what to do with a boy though. I tell you nothing prepares you for being a parent, except being a parent.

Oh I knew exactly what to do with a boy. Dress him in sunday best and send him towards a mid puddle, free baby sitting for the day, or until the clothes are completely muddy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Oh I knew exactly what to do with a boy. Dress him in sunday best and send him towards a mid puddle, free baby sitting for the day, or until the clothes are completely muddy

You would in for a surprise if your future son has a strong feminine soul and does not chose to be a "real" boy. I'm not talking about being gay but that he prefers the gentle arts to the manly arts.

Men always think their boys will be a carbon copy, a clone so to speak, of them and are devastated when that doesn't happen. Makes for an unhappy relationship.

BTW: The youngest foster/surrogate daughter loved to dress up in her prettiest dress and head for a mud puddle. Dress your daughter up in her Sunday best and point her toward a mud puddle and watch the fun.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I grew up camping and fishing. Hunting and shooting with Ken. My sister and I were playing sports, riding bikes, climbing trees with the boys. The only limiting factor was my dad saying girls shouldn't shoot.....he has since rethought his attitude.

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not depart from it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Was just glad that my daughter got here totally healthy. Her mother (GRHS) was a severe diabetic. We were advised not to try again. She's confiscated a few of my firearms. The only one I really miss is the Model 70 Featherweight SA in 6mm Rem. Loved it when she lords it over the boys at deer camp because she got a 8pt and they got nothing. Then the boys got cute, didn't like that so much. Last deer she got I just hung back and she blood trailed it about 200 yds. to where we found it. And there's been a few times we had to hustle back from a kayaking day trip cause she had a date, GRRRRRR. Gonna miss her this fall. My hunting and kayaking buddy is gone off to college. Course she's at my alma mater so that helps some. CHERISH THOSE LITTLE GIRLS!

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Having a penis doesn't mean they'll have like interests.

You can throw that idea right out the fuggin' window.

Travis

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Daughters...

After Christmas school assignment...
[Linked Image]

They love guns too...
[Linked Image]

More "boy" stuff...
[Linked Image]

Fishing...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

... typically the disappointment that people have in their kids are a direct result of their failures as parents. So be a good dad and things will take care of themselves.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My daughter can best her older brother at just about anything physical. She is the athlete of the family and enjoys the outdoors stuff more.

There are no guarantees with boys interests these days. Although I steered my son toward hunting and fishing from birth, he has never really taken to either. Turned out he is a bookworm, deep thinker, history buff.

In short, you don't know what kind of personality you are going to get from either gender and if you enter fatherhood with huge expectations as to their future interests you are likely to be disappointed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Rookies...

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One extra bonus about daughters is that their pictures get posted in threads about sniper rifles or the 223 AI...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Having a penis doesn't mean they'll have like interests.

and the flip side, your daughter determines a shillelagh just isn't medieval enough:

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You need to spend some time re-thinking that statement and get ready for a ride. Having children is second most fun thing in life. Having grand-children is the best.

I have a daughter that came first and is a true blessing. She doesn't like hunting and as far as I know has never shown an interest in anything that shoots. She doesn't care enough for fishing to go on her own, but if you take her she will out fish you. Her husband is an outdoor person and can name anything in the woods that you care to point to. Their son is 2.5 and knows the difference in a pig and a javelina and we live in Georgia.
My son can out shoot me with a bow and a rifle and probably a shotgun. I can out shoot him with a pistol but that may not last long. He enjoys the outdoors and has already had his son on a shooting mat. His son is one month old.
I never tried to make either an outdoor person or interest them in any activity other than what they showed an interested in. Each was raised as an individual, which is important to me as it probably is to anyone that is a twin. Each was given the opportunity to develop their own interest and direction. Each was interested in sports and school and each excelled. I could not be happier with my children. Set the proper example and just watch them grow.
My prediction is that, if you are half a man, you will live to regeret that comment. I hope you do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh I am Tom, it's just an initial let down I guess

When that kid comes out you will be a changed man, the feelings you are having now Will disappear. Trust me you are screwed pal that little girl is going to have you doing her bidding in short order.

Mark my words.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ingwe

This.

And one small addendum.

NEVER speak a word of disappointment to baby momma. It will be held against you.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Congrats to you and your better half.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

NEVER speak a word of disappointment to baby momma. It will be held against you.

Why would you speak to the mother?

JFC you guys are weird.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
By the way Gitem, it is YOUR SPERM that determines if the fetus/baby is a boy or a girl, just in case you missed that class....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Pray for healthy.

Travis

Truer words were never spoken. Wanted 2 boys and 2 girls ended up with 1 girl and 4 boys and lost one it would have been a boy
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
By the way Gitem, it is YOUR SPERM that determines if the fetus/baby is a boy or a girl, just in case you missed that class....

My class said it depends on whether or not you "bottom out", but yes, its still up to the guy....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sitting in town right now waiting for daughter #2 which should be along any day now. Never did have a preference, but I did tell Momma when we found out that #2 was a girl that I was looking forward to the day when I'd have 3 females cooking and cleaning for me...(grin) she got pissed and told me that those girls better be out hunting and fishing.

Momma don't know it but #3 will be along shortly after this one pops out in a few days.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yep.
Be thankful, period. I think having children is taken for granted.

Gonna go mess with mine now!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Just like you would a son. Trust me, when they would rather hang out with you than with Mom, when they come quietly to you and ask for help with dealing with some of life's hardest problems (for a pre-teen or teenager), when they call you from college and BEG you to take them big game hunting, when they want their "Daddy" just before walking down the aisle, when they just want to talk with their "Dad", and when they make GOOD decisions about their mate because YOU taught them how a man/boyfriend/husband/father should act, you realize that your life wouldn't come close to being the same with a son.

I have one daughter and two sons. I wouldn't trade the world for any of them, but there is something special about a father-daughter bond that cannot be replicated.

My daughter is a much better pistol shot than either of my sons, having wore out my Ruger MKII before she was 16, she isn't much of an angler, but she is into camping, hunting, archery, and she cleans and cooks what she eats.

This initial disappointment will pass, my daughter is the oldest, and I can remember wanting to take the oldest son places and teach him things and then I realized I could work the kinks out of this "Daddy" thing with her. I have never regretted having a daughter and I'm betting you won't either.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

I'm quite aware of basic Biology. Nothing I have done or said has indicated that I think it's my fianc�s fault. Nor do I feel that way, but I am fully entitled to feel dissapointed for a while.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
be thankful.....I would not trade a dozen boys for my two daughters.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's ridiculous.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear that you feel that way.
Shortly after that baby girl is born, her mother will, most likely, need to sleep (my wife did anyway.) While mama is sleeping, hold your daughter, watch her, listen to her, talk to her. The emotions that you will experience will be diverse and staggering. Pride, humility, anticipation, fear, and love are a few. I'd be willing to wager that indifference and unexcitement will not.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Years ago I got a women pregnant.

I planned on staying with her until she told me it was going to be a girl.

Adios!

Not sure what ended up happening to either of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm quite aware of basic Biology. Nothing I have done or said has indicated that I think it's my fianc�s fault. Nor do I feel that way, but I am fully entitled to feel dissapointed for a while.

Can't quite wrap my head around that...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats on the bairn. Healthy is the only thing that matters git.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TFF Sam!

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Pray for healthy.

Travis

This is so spot on. I've got three boys, we wanted a girl badly but after three the odds (and lack of cash) were stacked against us. I would NEVER trade any sex healthy baby for one that wasn't healthy.

Seriously - it isn't 1950 - girls are far more powerful then boys are. Just look what we all do to get laid!

wink

Congrats by the way.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

dads are genetically programed to not give a fugg.

Maybe you were. I wasn't.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
As long as you make the pig shoot, all is well.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Girls are great its women I have a problem with. Think about this, if she is brought up in the goose blind and fishin with you she probably will end up marrying someone you like or at least can tolerate. And girls love their daddy more than momma most of the time. You just have to learn to deal with all the emotional $hit, but boys become kinda brain dead at the onset of teendom. You won't be to disappointed once you hold her.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by T_O_M
[quote=gitem_12]And honestly, i feel schitty and really indifferent/ un excited about it

Tom [/quote
EXACTLY !

the original post says a lot about the poster.
I have a daughter, that i adopted when she was 30 for various reasons.
We were dove hunting yesterday, and i never had more fun. She let the ol fahrt sit in the chair and bird dogged the doves for me. And I guarantee she smells better than boys, and when we got home i had three days of dinners made by her. Best thing i ever did is marry her mother and inherit her. Only issue is she thinks too much like me.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/02/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
as mine say
"Girls rule, boys drool".........

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can see where Gitem_12 is coming from, and from my own experience.....

With our first child we decided not to find out if it was going to be a boy or a girl. Like any first time father I hoped for a boy, mostly because of all the reasons every father wants his own little boy, it is just the way some guys are wired.

8 months or so later, after the babies room had been painted and all of the "stuff" was light greens and other gender neutral colors, out squishes this little person, all covered in icky stuff. The docs plopped that goo covered little person on my wife and said "ITS A GIRL!!!!"

For about 30 seconds I admit to thinking "ugh a girl" ..........then I got to hold her. I am guessing you will follow a similar path.

BTW, when the doc finally gives mom the all clear for extracurricular activities.............be careful.........I got twin boys 14 months after the girl child showed up.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

That really isn't important - she will guide you as to what she needs you to teach her. Welcome/embrace it - you have an incredible opportunity awaiting you...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Teach her just like you would a boy. They can do everything a boy can do - don't kid yourself. My two are now 11 and 9, help me reload, cast bullets, target shoot, hunt with me, help me gut deer, butcher everything we shoot, catch fish, load the boat, play in fish guts, fillet fish, catch frogs, play in the mud,bake bread, make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They earned their black belts in Tae Kwon Do in June. They also are highly skilled pianists and singers (mom and I are both trained musicians with music education degrees), love to play with our dogs, love to play with dolls, make art projects, braid each other's hair, paint fingernails and toenails and do everything that normal girls do. But they also do everything the boys do - and usually do it better. They are at the top of their class in every imaginable way. Don't be disappointed - be excited about learning new stuff with her and be her DADDY!!! One of my favorite quotes is this. "Any human being with the right combination of chromosomes can be a father. It takes a man to be called 'daddy'". Never, ever, ever, ever resent that she is not a boy - you'll regret it for the rest of your life - but you won't know your regret until it's too late.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chiming in as one with 3 sons and 1 daughter. My first 3 are boys, all of them like Mama more than me. But my last, Baby Girl is MY baby... She wants to spend all her time with Dad.

Girls are wonderful for dads, trust me. She will shoot like her brothers, I'm sure of it.

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My daughter is more interested in football and shooting than my son. Part of it is she's older, the other is that she likes hanging with Dad.

My son just likes screwing around, which he hasn't correlated blasting stuff with the fun he has running stuff over....and I have rules.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife has two older sons from her first marriage who were ghetto and un American. When she gave birth to our second baby girl the doctors tied her tubes. It was that or she would die if she became pregnant again. She wept as they rolled her into surgery and said in her broken English Third World accent, "I'm sorry for not giving you a son."

I said, "That's okay. After meeting your two I don't want any."

If I could post photos you would see an angel with a pink .22 and a matching fishing pole. Girls are great if you are good to them.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

That's ridiculous.

Travis

Right as usual, Travy.

The sire supplies an X or a Y, but there are enzymes and pH factors that determine the viability of each.

In other words if the pH is high, you might call that repository a "basic box". smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Gitem-

All the attributes that you anticipate in a son can be found in a lot of girls.

there are girls that are great students, athletes, hunters, fishers, and can kick a lot of boys asses too.

Ask me how I know! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.