Campfire Ranger
D
Havre Montana has a hot gay scene.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Moving from Arkansas to Nevada, all I can say is Nevada is not a place I'd recommend. The cops here will pull you over for the slightest little thing, and the state bureaucracy is only "good" if you're from California. If you're from a real "free state" it sucks. I'm here for family, but I DON'T like northern Nevada.

True that ^ but believe me when I say it wasn't always that way.

I'm a proud native of northern NV but the steady exodus from CA to NV slowly eroded the politics and lifestyle in my beloved high desert until I finally decided to move to ID when I retired ten yrs ago.
"Sadly", I'm watching the same thing happen to Lewiston right now.
"Fortunately", it hasn't spread upriver to Clearwater County so far. In today's society, limited cell phone coverage can be a real blessing. smile

Dealing with the bureaucracy here has just been a nightmare. Example; my Arkansas CHL has reciprocity here in Nevada. But I can't use it as evidence of sufficient training to get a Nevada CCW. Nevada wouldn't recognize my Arkansas drivers license as a valid ID.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not telling. Secret worth keeping.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Assuming you could earn a good living, where in the western USA would you want to live (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)? Name the town, valley or mountain peak and give a reason or two for your choice. wink

Thanks,

Jordan

Right where I am, Montana. Moved here in 81 and am still here.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Hey , quit knockin Havre , Montana ! On our yearly Pdog Hunts out West , we often stayed in Malta . We were always excited to hear the Wheat , Hog , and Corn Futures results on Radio Havre . I miss Kate Smiths and Tex Ritters singing too . Nice Ranchers out that way though . We always got permission to Hunt their Lands . The problem was : it took at least two hours to break away from the Ranchers because they had not seen or talked to ... any humans for over four Months and did not want to let us go shoot . Considering everything though , Wyoming and South Dakota were also about the same . Talk about wild times : Zortman , Montana was a hoot ! The job situation was not good in any of the areas we visited unless you were a Sheep Herder .

Last edited by usull; 09/02/14. Reason: add
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The western most part of the West Florida Republic and the Bonney Blue flag does still fly.

Other than here, Cody Wyo. general area is super.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
After reading FG's post I better avoid that area when I go to Stanley just 3 weeks from today. Thanks for the warning FG.

mike r

I'll be passing through Stanley this Friday. Be aware, the art culture has found it. Nothing but street fairs with hippie merchandise from one end of town to the other, old Volkswagen buses mingled with BMW's and Mercedes with 1A license plates everywhere (Ada county for those in the know). I hear they're moving "Burning Man" to Stanley next year......

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wyoming sucks. I took this picture July 4th..

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Montana sux though. You wouldn't want to move here. Its bitter cold ALL the time, theres a sheep molesting one toothed cowboy behind every sage, and the wolves and grizzlies will eat you, cause they have nothing left, they've already eaten all the game.
Oh, and we ARE ranked 13th in the nation for taxation�.And thats not on the good side of the scale.

Well, I knew there was an explanation for ingwe living in MT, and now we have it in his own words. I wonder if he still wears his sheep suit when he goes out into the sagebrush?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
And the southern Black Hills is very close to that. Just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are lots of neat places to live all over the west, but all the places I want to live tend to have a lack of decent paying jobs and few people.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The last time one of the threads came up I said north central Colorado.

Today, I'll say sw Montana or the Cody Wy area.

It's all pretty friggen nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bondurant, WY. Story, WY is pretty awesome, too.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Already there...somewhere in rural Utah........

The Mormans aren't that bad....being retired I need no job..

You can always make a beer run to GJ CO...or Mesquite NV...

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
There are lots of neat places to live all over the west, but all the places I want to live tend to have a lack of decent paying jobs and few people.

Funny how that works, people have a tendency to ruin places.

Per the o/p's criteria I won't add my two cents. If I could find another spot that was better than my current location I'd move, but don't see that happening any time soon.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

VERY hot.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

VERY hot.

Travis

Well hell, I already drive a Subaru anyway...

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you can see mountains from where you want to live, you better have a schit pile of money stashed away in order to have a nice home and some ground. Buy the same home and more land for less than half the money in the eastern part of the state and you don't have to live amongst the hippies. My vote is for anywhere in MT with no mountains and no oil. Too much of WY is inaccessible to me and none of the other western states are terribly interesting, so MT is the only choice worth my consideration. AK definitely has some appeal, might just do that one day. Not sure why anyone lives east of the Mississippi, nothing but wall to wall people and nothing too exciting to shoot at.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Jim In Idaho, thanks for the tip, it will be a relief to be able to avoid those gnarly mountains and soak up some serious culture. The locals are way too friendly and prefer beer and whiskey to a refined white wine so it will be great to meet a more sophisticated and judgemental group.
you are kidding, right?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

We too have some unusual critters here......... grin

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,865
Posts18,478,668
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.