Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by funshooter
I did not like voting for him but he was a better choice that Bam Bam.

I have a question for you to think about.

Who stopped Romney from attacking Bam Bam ?
He got some pretty good hits in and then was told to stop by who?

This!!!

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Easy look-up on Breitbart TV 24 Aug 2014
Rand Paul: �Dems Scared I Will Run Left of 'Hawk' Hillary�

Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said in the 2016 Presidential election he would be able to attract independents and "even some Democrats" voters nervous about entering into a new Middle East war with a "gung-ho" President Hillary Clinton.

Paul said �I think the American public is coming more and more to where I am and that those people, like Hillary Clinton, who�she fought her own war, 'Hillary�s war,' you know?"�
"And I think that�s what scares the Democrats the most: Is that in a general election, were I to run, there�s going to be a lot of independents and even some Democrats who say, �You know what? We are tired of war. We�re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Eastern war because she�s so gung-ho," he added.

�If you want to see a transformational election in our country, let the Democrats put forward a war hawk like Hillary Clinton, and you�ll see a transformation like you�ve never seen," the Kentucky junior senator concluded.�
When you make schit up, and are then challenged on it, why do you think it adequate to post as proof a non sequitur? If you don't have a citation of where he said he was moving left of Hillary, just admit you made it up. It makes you look even worse to post something completely off-point as if it's proof of what you said.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Rand Paul: �Dems Scared I Will Run Left of 'Hawk' Hillary�

Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said in the 2016 Presidential election he would be able to attract independents and "even some Democrats" voters nervous about entering into a new Middle East war with a "gung-ho" President Hillary Clinton.

Paul said �I think the American public is coming more and more to where I am and that those people, like Hillary Clinton, who�she fought her own war, 'Hillary�s war,' you know?"�
"And I think that�s what scares the Democrats the most: Is that in a general election, were I to run, there�s going to be a lot of independents and even some Democrats who say, �You know what? We are tired of war. We�re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Eastern war because she�s so gung-ho," he added.

�If you want to see a transformational election in our country, let the Democrats put forward a war hawk like Hillary Clinton, and you�ll see a transformation like you�ve never seen," the Kentucky junior senator concluded.�
When you make schit up, and are then challenged on it, why do you think it adequate to post as proof a non sequitur? If you don't have a citation of where he said he was moving left of Hillary, just admit you made it up. It makes you look even worse to post something completely off-point as if it's proof of what you said.

The fact that you are totally clueless does not give you the right to change my words or their meaning.

I clearly said �Rand Paul is bragging� I DID NOT say that he is to the left of Hillary.

I posted his words where he was doing exactly that. He has called her a �gung-ho� �war hawk�

The context of his words is that she stands to his right.
There may be an argument as to which one really stands where. But you are lying about me making up what he said.

Where is your proof that what he said is a non sequitur?

Here is more of what he has said as he pushes Hillary as far right as he can push:
"Those who say we should have done more to arm the Syrian rebel groups have it backward. Mrs. Clinton was also eager to shoot first in Syria before asking some important questions.
Her successor�John Kerry�was no better, calling the failure to strike Syria a 'Munich moment,'" Rand Paul

"To interventionists like former Secretary of State�Hillary Clinton, we would caution that arming the Islamic rebels in Syria created a haven for the Islamic State," he writes. "We are lucky Mrs. Clinton didn't get her way and the Obama administration did not bring about regime change in Syria. That new regime might well be ISIS." Rand Paul

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I clearly said �Rand Paul is bragging� I DID NOT say that he is to the left of Hillary.
I know exactly what you said. I changed nothing. You've yet to cite where he said that. Or are you confused about the definition of leftism vs rightism?

Rand Paul's position is that both major parties are dominated at the institutional level by leftists, and that there are voters in the Democrat party who, once explained the benefits of rightism (small government, non-intervention, decentralization of governance, strictly limited national government, etc.), would appreciate them. I think he's right. That's how Reagan won two landslides.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rand Paul clearly has put Hillary to the Right as he appeals to the Left. My citations stand.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Rand Paul clearly has put Hillary to the Right as he appeals to the Left. My citations stand.
You offered no citation of Rand Paul saying he was left of Hillary. You made it up and, when challenged, showed a whole page full of off-point quotes. That's your typical strategy when challenged on your BS.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I cited where Rand Paul bragged that...

Rand Paul: �Dems Scared I Will Run Left of 'Hawk' Hillary

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 09/03/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by derby_dude

How do you increase taxes and lower tax rates at the same time? Voodoo economics.

I thought you are a CPA?!

Nope, tax preparer. I work for a CPA. My question is somewhat rhetorical but I would like someone to take a crack at answering it.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Reagan went along with some Tip O'Neil tax increases to win his war with the Soviets.
But Reagan lowered tax rates, reduced government red tape, and got the free market going.
Grew the GDP and cut the unemployment rate at several times that of Obama.
The numbers don't lie.

How do you increase taxes and lower tax rates at the same time? Voodoo economics.

Good God Almighty! Do I really have to explain that all taxes are not created equal?

Some of those so-called Reagan tax increases were simply ending some deductions. The federal gas tax went from 4 to 9 cents...temporary. Higher cigarette taxes.
The worst were raising the capital gains tax rate and the corporate rate in 1986.

Much of this came about because Reagan was the first to get suckered into a 3-1 ratio of spending cuts to tax increases.
�Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982� Somehow the cuts never happened and coupled with the Cold War spending increases the national debt tripled.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...Reagan got HIS tax cuts.
The federal income tax with 16 brackets of 14 to 70 percent were chopped to TWO brackets of 15 and 28 percent.
Capital gains tax went down to 20 percent, but in 1986 kicked up to 28 percent.

The unemployment rate dropped from 7 percent in 1980 to 5.4 percent in 1988. The inflation rate dropped from 10 percent to 4 percent.
GDP growth was at -0.03 percent in 1980 under Carter. 4.1 percent in 1988 under Reagan.
Federal tax receipts increased 60 percent.

Reaganonomics worked.

In other words, Keynesian economics or as Bush put it voodoo economics.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rand Paul's statement about ISIS today puts him squarely out of the Libertarian ranks and right in with Republicans.

If anyone thinks we're going to "destroy ISIS militarily" (quoting Rand Paul) without a re-invasion of Iraq, they're fooling themselves. So supporting Rand Paul means supporting ANOTHER war in IRAQ.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No VooDoo in the numbers I posted

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Rand Paul's statement about ISIS today puts him squarely out of the Libertarian ranks and right in with Republicans.

If anyone thinks we're going to "destroy ISIS militarily" (quoting Rand Paul) without a re-invasion of Iraq, they're fooling themselves. So supporting Rand Paul means supporting ANOTHER war in IRAQ.

Ding.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Anyone who runs for the presidency supports war that's why they are there. I also believe that all politicians especially those who run for president are narcissistic psychopaths.

Voting for anyone for president and expecting a different outcome each time is insane.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Figures don't lie but lairs can figure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What role did the massive military government spending play in Reagan's economy? Spending under Reagan was unprecedented in peacetime. Are you saying that played no role in Reagan's economy?

Look, I was (and still am) 100% in support of Reagan's tax cuts, 70% is just horrible. But that is not what stimulated the economy. Tax cuts for the rich add almost no perceptible value to the economy as a whole; but they're still the right thing to do.

Conservatives have a bad habit of thinking that tax cuts stimulate the rich to spend more on their businesses. They forget there's a big difference between INDIVIDUAL taxes and CORPORATE taxes. The line of "if you raise my taxes I'll cut your job" is the most ignorant statement on taxation anyone has ever made.

For tax code to influence the economy as a whole, there are two places where you can affect a change.

1 - Corporate taxes, specifically on Capital Purchases. Capital Expenditure is "stuff, buildings, and equipment" and typically needs a butt in a seat to occupy/use. That creates jobs.

2 - Decreasing personal income taxes on the middle class. The middle class is what drives our "consumer economy", NOT the upper class. The rich don't spend their money like you and I do (buying things), that's why they're rich. They spend their money typically on paper investments. Buying anything other than an IPO in the stock market, doesn't do anything for the economy at all.

Reagan's economics was 100% Keynesian; he just never told anyone that it was. The ONLY difference between Reagan and the Democrats was what Reagan spent the money on; military vs. social. Hell, just read up on the stuff written by Reagan's economists.

I wish conservatives knew something about economics beyond the drivel that Rush Limbaugh spews. Rush calls Keynesian economics spending your way to prosperity, which is not what it is; not even close. Keynesian advocates government spending to focus the spend during down economic times. Also when in a recession and people stop spending, government becomes the spender of last resort. Once things level out, Keynes advocated policies that sounded a lot more like Milton Friedman. ETA - Keynes was VERY big on paying down debt during good economic times, so you have room to maneuver during bad economic times.

"Conservatives" don't get that because they fundamentally don't understand macroeconomics.

Last edited by GunGeek; 09/03/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Ding.
Whoa...we agree on something. wink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I cited where Rand Paul bragged that...

Rand Paul: �Dems Scared I Will Run Left of 'Hawk' Hillary
Where'd he say he was going to do that, though? Him saying what NBC is scared is going to happen doesn't cut it. He knows that NBC is as screwed up in their understanding of left and right as you are.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Ding.
Whoa...we agree on something. wink

We agree on a lot of things, like regulating the crooks down on Wall Street. That last post you made was brilliant btw.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by jnyork
Sounds like you fellers think Obama was the better choice. eek

on the contrary. He would have made obama look like the poser he is. We're past romney. We need a conservative who can bring out the base. Someone who isn't afraid to get mean.

+1

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rush calls Keynesian economics spending your way to prosperity, which is not what it is; not even close.
Just thought I'd expand on this a bit. There's a reason why Rush says that. It's because that's what Democrats think Keynesian economics is too. They think we should just spend willy-nilly and everything will be rosy. Neither side really understands macroeconomics.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,714
Posts18,475,547
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.