Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lay on your back prone and shoot it inverted!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry for the aggravation you have had.... perhaps emailing them a link to this thread on a high volume hunting site would help to light a fire....

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Or move your scope forward a bit if possible

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by local_favorite
I possibly would also call Accuflight:

http://accuflite.com/index.html

They are allegedly the Sako whisperers.

Good suggestion. I have to drive by them next week and will stop and ask JB what he thinks.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buy American.

Howa all the way.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or perhaps if one of the high powered gun writers, you know, the ones that know it all, would step in and lend a hand...

Naw, not a chance. Nothing in it for them..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Sorry for the aggravation you have had.... perhaps emailing them a link to this thread on a high volume hunting site would help to light a fire....

Feel free to email them a link to my Sako problem child tread as well...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...15819/all/Guess_I_drew_short_straw_on_a_

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shootem I think you misunderstood my post.

Things being as they are, meaning you already own the rifle which was designed as it was, what could they have possibly done for you?

Other than refund your money. BTW what turrets does your Zeiss wear?

79S Cool your jets brother. If you disagree fine you do not have to attack.

Last edited by Fotis; 09/06/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This has all been a terrible mistake. I just went to the Sako website, and it states quite clearly, "When you buy a Sako, you get a thoroughly tested quality rifle."

Obviously, you must have purchased something else.

What fresh Hell is this?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fotis
Shootem I think you misunderstood my post.

Things being as they are, meaning you already own the rifle which was designed as it was, what could they have possibly done for you?

Other than refund your money. BTW what turrets does your Zeiss wear?

79S Cool your jets brother. If you disagree fine you do not have to attack.

Man I was worried I thought you were going to challenge me to a good ol fashion fisticuffs in Cheyenne.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL Nah bud..... I am not like that....

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Maybe some of those fancy see-thru rings would give you the needed clearance. Just a thought.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That should be VERY attractive!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../Re_Sako_85_ejection_failure#Post7627099

Did you try LRCampos' $10 Gre'-Tan spring fix?

It would be impossible for your cases to eject straight up, unless the bottom half of the extractor claw was way off, or you had almost zero spring pressure.

Designed into the bolt is a small amount of clearance between the back of the inserted cartridge under the claw extractor and the bolt face. The claw, under spring pressure clamps down against the case within the recess of the bolt face. The only direction for the case to flip out from this grip, is in the angle toward the extractor claw. The initial upward motion is the case cocking upward under the claw within the space of that clearance against the standing ejector. Once that clearance is maxed out, the case would either need to push the extractor claw away against the spring tension to be released and allowed to continue straight up, or, there would have to be an insufficient/damaged claw on the bottom half of the extractor for the case to slip through and continue being pushed straight up.

If the claw is good, and the spring tension is good, the case will not push through the claw straight up. Once the case is tipped against the extractor, that play is gone, and then at that point, the standing ejectory pushes the case in the direction of the claw which is maintaining a grip on the case. The case then flips out and is ejected in that direction.

I'd not worry one minute about Beretta USA. They are the importer, not the maker. If you wish to attempt a cheap fix, and you have the skill to take apart the bolt, then do so. The spring is actually only about $2, but they come in a multi-pack, so the price runs up to about $10. You have a couple "non-gunsmith" options. Gre'-Tan makes a very good standard length spring, in addition, they make an extended spring, which was the one used by LRCampos. The spring is designed to be the same length as the spring recess is deep. This give enough clearance to add the plunger and then depress the plunger and spring deep enough to clear the extractor for installation and removal. The extended spring are designed to make corrections for when the recess is machined too deep for a standard length spring. Two methods of using the extended spring are to, one (1), deepen the hole to the same depth as the extended spring is long, or, two (2), trim the spring to the maximum length for it to fit. Either way, you end up with greater tension.

My size M action for 30-06 length cartridges has ample spring tension from straight out the box. The ejected case cannot push the extractor aside so to be ejected straight up. But, I must throw in a disclaimer in that I completely disassembled my bolt when new, and then cleaned and lubed all the parts. I am unsure if this slicked things up that otherwise may have been sticky, but the extractor fits properly and the tension is textbook perfect.

I have not made an attempt to do so, but it may be possible to temporarily increase spring tension, for purposes of testing, to the degree of nearly locking up the extractor solid by placing shim stock between the plunger face and the extractor notch. It would be temporary, because the shim would eventually walk itself out from repeated cycles. But, as long as the case is inserted from under the extractor, NOT, snapping the tight extractor over the case, you should see a dramatic change in the ejection angle, if it is currently going straight up.

Good Luck!

Edit to add:

At the chamber, from the firing pin center to the scope tube center measures 1.55". This should give you an idea how much room Mine has at the port in relation to yours.

[Linked Image]

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 09/06/14.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Remember this isn't really sako,,,,they are no more. This is beretta whoring the name on the street for profit only. Riding on a quality name.
Really 300 dollar rugers and Remington's well eject a spent carterage without a hitch.. Cut your losses and buy a L61 R

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, I won't be buying a Sako any time soon. Not with CS like that.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I tried the spring replacement but it didn't work. Played with the ejector height and that didn't work. I even tried a different bolt that I know works, but it didn't work in my problem child.

I think my action doesn't have a large enough opening, needs more width. The case seems to catch the rail and gets pushed up at a higher angle. That is beyond my ability to find out. I'll try medium rings and see if I can get by without hitting the scope.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mliang
I tried the spring replacement but it didn't work. Played with the ejector height and that didn't work. I even tried a different bolt that I know works, but it didn't work in my problem child.

I think my action doesn't have a large enough opening, needs more width. The case seems to catch the rail and gets pushed up at a higher angle. That is beyond my ability to find out. I'll try medium rings and see if I can get by without hitting the scope.

Jurt sell the damn thing and be done with it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by shootem

Regarding your specific inquiry, there is no "fix" for this condition as the ejector is not adjustable in this rifle. The comments that you have read regarding "extractor spring pressure" are not valid. The spring pressure does not affect the ejection trajectory of the casing. The bottom line is if the rifle extracts and ejects the casing, it is considered functional.

Of coarse extractor spring pressure is not valid, they don't want to be on the hook for replacing a .3 cent spring. Would be interesting to see if this problem goes away on current production.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
if their cs is that crappy ill scratch that finnlight off my bucket list

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.