Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They're going to eventually replace the counter workers whether they're being paid $15 an hour or $7.25 an hour. Any worker whose job can be replaced by a machine will be. How many welders do you see working in car factories anymore?

Unless you find people willing to work for 15 cents an hour the machine will always come out cheaper.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
They're going to eventually replace the counter workers whether they're being paid $15 an hour or $7.25 an hour. Any worker whose job can be replaced by a machine will be. How many welders do you see working in car factories anymore?

Unless you find people willing to work for 15 cents an hour the machine will always come out cheaper.

That's true. Even slave labor isn't as cheap as a machine.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They can automate everything if it wants.. but its ultimately the customers who make those decisions if they'll tolerate it or not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guess we will only have uber rich hedge fund managers, then wealthy mainly through inherited money, professionals, and then a serf/zombie/slave class.

I saw these machines in France last week and thought a out all the workers being assed out.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Guess we will only have uber rich hedge fund managers, then wealthy mainly through inherited money, professionals, and then a serf/zombie/slave class.

I saw these machines in France last week and thought a out all the workers being assed out.

There won't be a serf/zombie/slave class. Machines will see to that.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't forget about the political elite. Like cockroaches, they always survive.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
They can automate everything if it wants.. but its ultimately the customers who make those decisions if they'll tolerate it or not.

They could be forced into the decision of either fast food their way or not at all.

Walmart is doing a similar thing with auto check out. First they move in and put the local groceries out of business. Then they will only open one lane that isn't auto check out even if 12 people are waiting in line. I've seen several checkers standing watching because management wants to force consumers to use the auto check out. I personally hate it and use Walmart as little as possible but it is sometimes the only choice unless I order online or drive an hour.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whiptail

True enough

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Not in my crosshairs they won't

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the real question is, how can I invest in this?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the real question is, how can I invest in this?

That is the question of the hour!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In reality here is your serf/zombie/slave class...

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jack In The Box here in So. Cal has had the machines for over the past year in some of their stores.

They give you the option of by passing the lines.

Maybe they will soon take the option away.

That would be OK with me because most of the ones I go in they can not understand me to get my order straight and I can not under stand them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

They could be forced into the decision of either fast food their way or not at all.

Walmart is doing a similar thing with auto check out.

I like Walmart's self checkout. (We pretty much don't have an option for groceries around here.) It's fast, easy, and I don't worry about something being scanned twice. It used to be when I went into Walmart for one or two things it took a long time. Now I'm in and out in minutes.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Walmart is doing a similar thing with auto check out. First they move in and put the local groceries out of business. Then they will only open one lane that isn't auto check out even if 12 people are waiting in line. I've seen several checkers standing watching because management wants to force consumers to use the auto check out. I personally hate it and use Walmart as little as possible but it is sometimes the only choice unless I order online or drive an hour.

Walmart isn't the only grocery doing that. I refuse to use the machine. I want to see real people not machines doing the work. Hey, I'm old and old fashion.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They won't save any money using machines to make the food, because they will need maintenance people to troublehsoot them, and employees to clean them on a regular schedule.

If the machine breaks, the whole business stops.

If a minumum wage employee doesn't show up, you can have someone cover for them, and still make money

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

In Tokyo, many izakaya type places (places where a wide variety of quick, appetizer type dishes are offered; Japanese tapas if you will) have a touch screen menu at seating areas. You seat yourself, place your order electronically, and your food comes out shortly. Pay as you go out, and table is cleared for the next customers. Waitress is essentially cut out of the equation. I actually kind of like it...

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Of course and exactly why they are doing it, to lose money. crazy

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I already use the self-check lanes whenever I can. At least the damn thing doesn't ask me for my phone number.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.