Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
heading to Waxahatchie this time. Any good eatin places you might know of or any thing to pass some off time in the area? Got me some good food last time at Dusty's, Angeloes and a few others and visited the large Cabelas in Ft Worth and visited and and made a purchase at House of Blades ...it was a good trip.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Popadeaux's Seafood. It right by the Ballpark in Arlington and there is another in Ft. Worth. Best Cajon Crawfish in TX

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What kind of food do you like? There are several places in Waxahachie that offer great food including Nino's, which is located downtown at 200 S. Rogers with a different type of picante sauce on the table that is warm and great. I love the beef chima-chonga, it is better than any other I have tasted, not fried but covered with cheese sauce.

If you are looking for great home style food look at Cancune's Restaurant at 1585 N HWY 77, on the North side of town, they have breakfast all day every day and Turkey and dressing on Sunday. Their normal welcome is "Welcome Home" and they will treat you right everyday.

Wish I could meet you and take you out for a meal, but I'm meeting family Sunday in Dallas.

There are the normal National places like I-Hop, Waffle House, Cotton Patch, Dickey's BBq.

The Tuscan Slice is a good Italian restaurant though pricey for me.

I also like Tomato's which offers Italian and Mexican fare for a budget price.

Joel

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thank you Waterguy. I like most all foods. Thats the kinda info I was looking for. I'll be there for a couple weeks and should have time to try em all....

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thank you Waterguy. I like most all foods. Thats the kinda info I was looking for. I'll be there for a couple weeks and should have time to try em all...

If you are going to be around this area a couple of weeks I will give you a couple of other options. I will hope to meet you as well at some point or other. If you don't mind telling me, what are you in town for?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Doing some commercial remodeling. I work for a GC.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Popadeaux's Seafood. It right by the Ballpark in Arlington and there is another in Ft. Worth. Best Cajon Crawfish in TX

EXCUSE ME!!! There is no such thing as good Cajun Crawfish in Texas, nor in Arkansas, Mississippi, or even NORTH Louisiana. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Have eaten at Cancune's 3 times already! Good stuff.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Check out Braum's if you're needing a good fast food burgers and crinkle cut fries, ice cream, etc. I eat there every time I get up that way - only have 'em within 300 miles of Tuttle, OK.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Rocket Cafe is a good place to eat but it isn't in Waxahachie. Probably about 15 minutes away in beautiful Rocket Texas. It's worth the drive.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Bart, tried Rocket cafe tonight....only bout 12 min away. Very good food. Thanks for the heads up!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 15 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,806
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.