Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sir,

Those zippers don't unzip themselves and that is a high water benchmark achievement,given the circumstances of the afflicted.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 10x42 SS with the MQ ret. is no help in lowlight hunting.

24 hour campfire disclaimer:

While above assessment is based on actual, prolonged use of the unit noted, it is an subjective one and offered as such.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks, Ready. It's a big factor for what goes on the hunting guns.

Larry, you are a very poor salesman. And once again, showing that whatever your handle, you lack any ability to interact socially. Thanks for clarifying that again. I'm slowly learning....

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I cannot think of a fixed 10x glass,that is a great help in low light,no matter it's reticle(excepting those that are illuminated).

Have read somewhere,that less is reliably more.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M'am,

Your inability to learn a first clue,is more than palpable.

Very good time,to start taking notes.

IC B2

RDFinn Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Like it or not, it is the way you come off and perhaps you don't mean to anymore than if I was a champion 24 Hours of Lemans driver telling auto makers how they should make all daily drivers.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Ready

Seconded.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is true by my experience and why I do not call mine a hunting scope, much as I like it otherwise...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts are often unsettling,especially when they burst bubbles.

I'd greedily take that kind of feedback,over whether or not zero shifted after being in a case inside the house for a year,or how "unimportant" adjustments are.

It is a curious constant,that the fluff Joe Average swoons the most,is easily amongst the worst of the ilk and can be blown out of the water for like funds. That is how/where dots get connected.

I've never been lucky enough,to have adjustments/tracking/zero retention not matter. That may be due to the fact that I'm not a Fence Hopper charging haybales screaming "Get Some!",as I approach the feeder and start whittling on a box of ammo that's going to last me a few more years.

A gent can learn more by shooting,than one can by not shooting and it's never been tough to sort who do and who don't.

Just pay out slack on the line and watch the show.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by Ready

Seconded.

FC

Thanks! Comparison with the 6x?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh I've likely murdered more than a few things with straight 10x glass,but have never been in the A/O which would allow it to be a Utilitarian Killing Glass,no matter it's reticle.

As X's go up,the niches narrow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gasman

I, for one, had a good chuckle when I read Formidilosus' comments. A couple of years ago, I picked up a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x42 for its glass, and it's sat in the safe ever since. Oh, sure, once in a while a buddy will ask me to bring it out to the range so we can compare its glass to other scopes, and we ooh and ahh like girls looking at someone's new engagement ring. Otherwise, I haven't figured out an application for that scope for me, so I really should just sell it.

I have one of those and its my favourite scope...It is excellent in low and/ or difficult light conditions, and has been utterly reliable in some really foul weather. It is also borely dependable holding zero to the point you forget about it..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Forgive me if I could give two flying flips what dudes who shoot less rounds in a year than I, and those I work with shoot most mornings before breakfast, thinks they "know" about scopes.

Yeah, ego problem. Forgive me if I could give 3 flying flips about your tactical, schist hanging off the reticles for hunting scopes. I'm sure your lack of ego will understand.

You and BS make a good couple.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pete,

Have had a few pards take that bait,but they are utterly useless as POA/POI intersections go,which of course negates them from any serious discussion,about anything serious.

Zeiss very obviously has glass well figured,but their riflescopes are a folly,at best.

Though in fairness,I think more than highly of my binos,spotter,lenses so labeled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't be in such a hurry,to elaborate on your cluelessness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RealityCheque
Pete,

Have had a few pards take that bait,but they are utterly useless as POA/POI intersections go,which of course negates them from any serious discussion,about anything serious.

Zeiss very obviously has glass well figured,but their riflescopes are a folly,at best.

Though in fairness,I think more than highly of my binos,spotter,lenses so labeled.

Horses for courses! I don't dial with it as I have no need.

I do need something I can tell a button Roe buck from its sibling sister as they browse in and out of cover at last light..I also need something that won't fog in the rain/cold and I do want something that will hold zero without babying..that Zeiss does all that for me and is not too big or bulky and best of all has a German No4 reticule in the FFP, which again prefer..YMWV, and I have no issue with that as I am not out to convert anybody..

Last edited by Pete E; 09/08/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never found the transition from bino's to 'scope,to be anything other than seamless.

After you've tasted the ability to slip a bullet wherever you wish,from spitting distances,to multiple zipcodes away...it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to go backwards and refrain such bolstered connect percentages.

Zeiss is exceptional in observation(bino's/spotters),but bottom rung in POA/POI correlations(rifle scopes).

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Got a swfa 10x because they don't have any 6x now (I wonder why). Put it on my 223 AI and will see how I like it. If I like it, it will find it's way on an AR and I'll get a 6x. it definitely changed the way the gun feels bc it's much heavier and longer than the a 3.5x10x40 Leupold that I had on it. I like the mrad reticle and the feel of the turrets. Will shoot it some this weekend out to 600 and see how it does. I'm expecting nothing short of it doing exactly what it's suppose to do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By God...I just might take a rifle out of a case,once this year and see what all the fuss is about,myself.

Mailing off another bolt handle today,for one of them there 223AI's and will likely remove the Leupie MK 4 upon it and go 6X MQ instead. Received a bolt handle today as well,for yet another of them there 223AI's and can't stomach the notion of shooting it with a 16x T-Series aboard and will 10x MQ it.

Brass,bushing and dies arrived today for a 6BR build,which should be done the day the parts arrive the Plumber's and reckon I'll try me one of them 6X MQ's aboard it,just as soon as I get home.

You folks have been a great help.

Thanks!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Larry, you are a very poor salesman.

LOL..

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (204guy, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,314
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.