Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by killindeer
if their cs is that crappy ill scratch that finnlight off my bucket list

Yep, on the flip side of things I've never even blinked twice about buying anything that is stamped Ruger or Leupold on the side of it.

HR IC

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
It might be interesting to ask which rings and scope they recommend for your rifle to function properly.

Then install same and video the results.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That's a good suggestion..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
It might be interesting to ask which rings and scope they recommend for your rifle to function properly.

Then install same and video the results.

P

Leupold Prismatic!

Can't hit a scope tube what ain't there.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm just thinking the OP needs to put pressure on them. They said what it won't work with, fine...so tell me what it will work with, and be specific.

If I install what you recommend and the rifle continues to malfunction, then what do you want me to do?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
All this thread is pure bs and waste of time... You re fu... Ass....
Today i learnt leupold and sako were just good to end up in a trash bag...

Just hilarious... I have 6 sako, 4 sako 85... The only itch I can experience is with the 338 WMG. when I eject a LOADED brass to slowly sometimes the brass hit the cds turret of my leupold BUT no jam nothing I can't live with... And it's only when I move very very slowly the bolt action... So I'm honest enough to assume I make the problem....

If you operate the bolt like an alzheimer.... Nobody can help you.... But it seems lots of guy are alzheimer here.... They move from other forum and pollute with s.... A forum which was clean before of bashers...

Last edited by UAE; 09/07/14.
U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
but I'm not surprise at all... If you operate your bolt action like some famous pro on tv show...

Guys are not able to operate the bolt action without remove the rifle from their shoulder AND look at the ejection port...

I have seen hunter under stress jam a blaser r93 line action !!! After a first shot on a brown bear.... The guy was pissing the rifle.... The problem was him....

Last edited by UAE; 09/07/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UAE
All this thread is pure bs and waste of time... You re fu... Ass....
Today i learnt leupold and sako were just good to end up in a trash bag...

Just hilarious... I have 6 sako, 4 sako 85... The only itch I can experience is with the 338 WMG. when I eject a LOADED brass to slowly sometimes the brass hit the cds turret of my leupold BUT no jam nothing I can't live with... And it's only when I move very very slowly the bolt action... So I'm honest enough to assume I make the problem....

If you operate the bolt like an alzheimer.... Nobody can help you.... But it seems lots of guy are alzheimer here.... They move from other forum and pollute with s.... A forum which was clean before of bashers...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
LMAO!......exactly what I was thinking..................Hb

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Yep, you beat me to it. 4ager.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I changed the spring on mine and filed about a 15 deg angle on the ejector.
That was about a 25 % help to the ejection..still needs improvement though.

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
(Fotis)Things being as they are, meaning you already own the rifle which was designed as it was, what could they have possibly done for you?

Fotis, these rifles are still being sold with either a design, component, or assembly problem; possibly a combination. Shooters continue to unknowingly buy this problem. There are enough testimonials coming forth on this and other threads to be certain of that. What Beretta/Sako can do for me and others experiencing this problem on a $1500 rifle is determine and correct the problem. That is how a reputable manufacturer supports a product. Been there done that.

And the mount, scope, turret set-up is:
Leupold Medium rings on integral receiver base.
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42 1" tube.
Standard Hunting Turret. http://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/...pes/conquest-hd5-riflescopes.html#models

Rifle itself was purchase unfired in the box right here on the fire. Some of you may remember there was a 30-06 and 25-06 along with two of the Zeiss scoped for sale in the Classifieds by one of our members. The rifle is still unfired. BTW the seller played absolutely no role in this issue.

(GaryVA)It would be impossible for your cases to eject straight up

GaryVA, The case necks are striking the bottom of the scope turret as nearly as I can tell from watching them and seeing the marks left. Maybe not dead center straight up but close enough for them to drop back down into the ejection port. Can't tell you why. Can only speculate ejector is popping the case rim off the extractor for some reason?????? I'll pull the scope when time allows to get a better view of the case travel.

(Pharmseller)It might be interesting to ask which rings and scope they recommend for your rifle to function properly. Then install same and video the results.

Pharmseller, with unlimited resources maybe. But visual proof is redundant. Customer service has seen this problem before. They know it is real. The choice has been made to deny the problem. As a "pharm seller" I imagine you have seen one or two products that didn't turn out exactly as planned. And I doubt the fix was to just deny the problem. You just don't do that to your customers.

(UAE)All this thread is pure bs and waste of time... You re fu... Ass....etc,etc,etc,et al.

Ur An Ediot....I refuse to believe you're real. Just another pretender in a clown suit strutting and fretting your hour upon the stage until you are no more.

Bottom line folks, there is a fairly common problem that ain't of the consumer's doing and customer service refuses to acknowledge and address it. ANY bolt action rifle must eject fired cases clear of a 1" scope tube with standard turrets mounted in medium rings to be considered functional. Every time. As long as the bolt is operated with enough force for the blade ejector to function properly and the brass is serviceable, the Sako must eject brass in an arc that misses common scope and mount components. If not then there is fault with the rifle. Remington, Ruger, Winchester, Sako, CZ, Marlin, Mossberg, Weatherby housing either plunger or blade ejectors do not have this issue to the extent experienced with the 85M.

Just don't have any more time to spend on this today. Got too much other local stuff to remedy and we just got back from a family visit after finding out my sister-in-law has a meningioma (brain tumor) about 3" x 2" x 1" between the frontal lobes of her brain. In 3 weeks there is a major surgery scheduled. Sako has dropped way down on the priority list for now.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope things work out reference your sister-in-law.

If otherwise the rifle works well for you, and you can work the kink out, then when the smoke clears from your pressing problems, take the scope off and look at the ejection angle. Don't recall if this thread or one of the others, but if you read, the one guy claimed he traced his issue to the rifle ejecting too low, when it was striking the rail and then bouncing up. So, between your stated complaint of ejecting closer to the 12 oclock position, and his complaint of ejecting closer to the 3 oclock position, that covers the entire map.

As for UAE, I think he says "actions speak louder than words". He is a doer on the level of most extreme when it comes to hunting big stuff. He uses what works and he doesn't mince words when it comes to fluff from guys who tend to point fingers at everything but themselves.

I am confident if it were my rifle, I could deduce the issue that would cause the ejection to be either closer to 12 oclock, or closer to 3 oclock. When it comes to such production rifles, every single one you have noted, at times, has had feed issues needing correcting, being they are not hand fitted custom guns, but are production line mass assembled guns. Like UAE, I've run these Sakos chambered in 375, 338, and now 9.3x62, with total reliability. They fit me like a custom gun, and I continue to rank them as one of my favorite out the box production hunting rifles.

Good Luck smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 09/09/14.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just send them a nasty gram also and will be writing same on their FB wall

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sorry about the blow-up earlier. FYI here's the latest communication from CS. Only 1 work order in 4 years on my model rifle. Of course that may be because they don't issue work orders for this problem.

Subject
Sako 85 long action ejection

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (SG) 09/09/2014 01:08 PM
Hello Mickey:

I reviewed the service history on your model rifle for the past 4 years and found only one work order related to ejection issues in spite of the quantity sold during the same time period.

Although I understand your frustration, I believe that the issue remains as originally stated.

If you desire, you may send your rifle to Beretta for evaluation.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

After videoing the ejection pattern with and without scope I'll send the rifle in for evaluation as they suggest so I'll have documentation. If it comes back with the same issue I'll video again to compare.

If there are still others out there with unresolved ejection problems on the 85M it would probably help we all complain at once. To contact them you have to register, sign in, then fill in the form. That's the easy part.

http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/ask

edit: In the meanwhile here's somebody else's video of a similar long action problem even with a scope mounted fairly high and having standard turrets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7_1h1jeKuA

After viewing this and other videos it appears short action cases rise from the ejection port at the same angle but don't have the length to strike the scope before being pulled outward. I imagine loaded rounds, being longer still, will have even greater chance of ejection problems. Except in the case of a misfire in the field that probably won't matter because loaded rounds aren't generally ejected with great force.

Last edited by shootem; 09/09/14.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd sell and move on. You'll always hate that rifle....

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
man thats some [bleep] CS

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by 16bore
I'd sell and move on. You'll always hate that rifle....

You know the thing that upsets me most about the 85's known issues are not the issues themselves. Every mechanical thing has quirks and mistakes happen in both design and manufacturing. It is the fact that Beretta is A) refusing to acknowledge the issue B) Could care less about selling rifles with known issues C) refusing to fix said issue D) Has very little interest in pleasing their customers E) Their willingness to blame the consumer

I'm sure when they said he could send the rifle back, they meant at his expense without a prepaid shipping label.

Last edited by local_favorite; 09/09/14.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Shootem, I hate that you are having this issue with rifle. I had not heard of the 85 ejection issue until recently. I likely would not have purchased the rifle, and thus would not have passed it on to you, had I known about this problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went off on them. I said the notion of trying different scopes and mounting system until you find one that works is ridiculous. What is one to do order 10 scopes and 10 bases and or rings and see what makes it go?

It did happen to me also with a 30-378 and leupold with the M1 turrets. The bushy 6500 2.5x16 fixed that issue

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 270cowboy, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,332
Posts18,487,602
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.