Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Techsan
Shootem, I hate that you are having this issue with rifle. I had not heard of the 85 ejection issue until recently. I likely would not have purchased the rifle, and thus would not have passed it on to you, had I known about this problem.

Tech this is NOT your problem. You played no role in it. You never tried the rifle and neither of us had any reason to suspect a new Sako wouldn't eject cartridges properly. Every detail of the purchase was just as advertised and discussed. Rifle and scope were new in the box. The problem lies with Beretta/Sako and their willingness to continue selling rifles that have a significant incidence of failure. I appreciate your concern but absolutely do not blame you in any way whatsoever. But if you still have the 25-06 you might want to run some empties thru it. Best to you. MC

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
HR IC

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It's not just an 85 issue, some of the 75s do it as well. Had to go to a scope with really low pro turret caps on my M75 270Win. It had a VXIII on it and after it jammed on me a couple times in the field, I lost confidence in it. Same deal, brass smacked scope and fell back in port. I replaced the VXIII with an old Vari-X II as it had lower caps, but I still don't trust it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On some Remington 788's there was a similar problem. The fix was to turn the scope 90 degrees in the rings with the windage knob pointing up and the elevation knob on the left. Up and down is left or right, etc.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My M995 TRGS had the problem too

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've had this issue on a couple 85s. I sold the first (270wsm). The other is a 85 Finnlight in 30-06. I called Accuflite and was told to soak the bolt in degreaser and work the extractor while flooded with degreaser. Lubed well after with Remoil. It now works so well I've been able to use the low ring mounts with no cases hitting. I think it was old sticky assembly lube causing problems in that gun.

Continued contact with Beretta will only prolong misery Shootem. Best of luck.

IC B2

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Growing up in a family that shot mostly Sakos (older stuff nothing new) it is sad to see what they have become. Even worse is the customer service response.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Just another reason I'm perfectly content with my old Winchester model 70's... wink
wink

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Beretta executive staff are former black&decker guys..... So No comments....
I met some Sako finn staff and they are all competent passionated hunters or shooters.... They wouldn't let go a rifle with a such design flaw....

Now piss off Sako rifle is just f.... BS..... Maybe you're unlucky and get a bad one.... Like in any production from any kind from any manufacturer IT's HAPPEN.... But for sure with sako.... less than with some other rifle manufacturer.....

All this thread is lead by 2 expert-kind of basher or stubborn redneck... They can't handle or hear any other comment than negative one about sako.....

If I had experienced trouble with my sako 85 I would follow LRcampos spring fix solution. As I'm open minded I even ordered some spring to look at....

Maybe I'm lucky but it means thousands of other sako's users are either.

Last edited by UAE; 09/10/14.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
UAE was that in English?

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
In english..... . You ask for german..... Italian ? Love live in america.... But [bleep]..... Redneck of midwest and south are worst, stupid, stubborn and ........ than anywhere.... Definitively a waste of time.... Put your sako 85 action in your ass.... sit on it or sell it !!!

Last edited by UAE; 09/10/14.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
cool

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Speak in French or German. I might be able to understand you better...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L61R<--- blush

I got one and had a 375 made up on it. Back then I didn't appreciate CRF which the sako lacks and you want for a DGR and a decent safety. The L61R has only a trigger safety.

It's for sale now at a gunshop.

Sako free here! cool

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by UAE
In english..... . You ask for german..... Italian ? Love live in america.... But [bleep]..... Redneck of midwest and south are worst, stupid, stubborn and ........ than anywhere.... Definitively a waste of time.... Put your sako 85 action in your ass.... sit on it or sell it !!!

49 posts and already on ignore.

U
UAE Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Dear best friend from alooobama.... What don't you understand ??
4464 posts.... Make you an expert ???
It's fun when you work in major cities people speak english and everybody understand everybody..... As soon you're in south.... You don't speak english... It's not from me but from an american born university teacher....

Himself told us he gave up to try to understand people from some state !!!! Cause first they don't speak ENGLISH SECOND cause they are f...... Stubborn redneck...... (By the way for me a redneck is not someone working land but a f...... idiot)

Last my dear bestfriend my experience is when a redneck is wrong or out of arguments..... His only defense is to say to an american resident first generation (who writes and speaks a literal english) "is it english ? Was it english ?.....

Anyway SAKO is one of the oldest rifle maker in the world..... If sako's rifle was crap they would have been out of the business for a long..... The fact there are more statisfied sako owners than 2 or 3 ass.... Redneck...... Pissing them....

Have a good day !

Last edited by UAE; 09/11/14.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by UAE
It's fun when you work in major cities people speak english and everybody understand everybody..... As soon you're in south.... You don't speak english... It's not from me but from an american born university teacher....

Himself told us he gave up to try to understand people from some state !!!! Cause first they don't speak ENGLISH SECOND cause they are f...... Stubborn redneck...... (By the way for me a redneck is not someone working land but a f...... idiot)

Last my dear bestfriend my experience is when a redneck is wrong or out of arguments..... His only defense is to say to an american resident first generation (who writes and speaks a literal english) "is it english ? Was it english ?.....

Anyway SAKO is one of the oldest rifle maker in the world..... If sako's rifle was crap they would have been out of the business for a long..... The fact there are more statisfied sako owners than 2 or 3 ass.... Redneck...... Pissing them....

Have a good day !

Please keep posting, I enjoy reading your work. Kinda like Finnegan's Wake, I like it but I don't get it.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by UAE

Have a good day !

The 85 is a French built piece of schit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Horseman
I've had this issue on a couple 85s. I sold the first (270wsm). The other is a 85 Finnlight in 30-06. I called Accuflite and was told to soak the bolt in degreaser and work the extractor while flooded with degreaser. Lubed well after with Remoil. It now works so well I've been able to use the low ring mounts with no cases hitting. I think it was old sticky assembly lube causing problems in that gun.

Continued contact with Beretta will only prolong misery Shootem. Best of luck.

Have you tried this? Seems like you have your solution right here.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
MNDan. Yes I tried it and it worked. I now use low Optilocks and don't hit. Suspect old lube was slowing things up in the extractor area enough to cause the problem.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't read all of the thread - has anyone suggested Chrome and AdBlocker?

Perhaps you have used ethanol in it or have a bad ground.

That should cover it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.