Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Cliff notes version. Traditional archer shoots a big bull moose. It runs a hundred yards to wildlife watchers who get upset.

Moose Shot By Bow Hunter at Brainard Lake

Considering the link is to a Boulder newspaper, it's not as anti-hunting as I expected.

Last edited by PassCreek; 09/10/14. Reason: Fixed linkage
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The link doesn't seem to be working.

I read the article on their webpage, it's very slow. Hats off to Jennifer Churchill, the CP&W spokesman. Everything she said was perfect. I give no credit to the Boulder paper for being even-handed, it was all her.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Probably just me not realizing how to link articles in the forum. How about this one?

Hunter Faces Backlash

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mountain lions are quite effective at killing moose. So not sure why they say there are no natural predators in CO for them. Sounds like a great spot to shoot a moose, short pack out apparently and some of the wildlife watchers could hold a leg for you perhaps.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
If it wasn't for hunters paying for the Moose transplant to Colorado in 1978, the wildlife watchers/photographers wouldn't have any moose to see.

Last edited by PassCreek; 09/10/14. Reason: fix bad grammar
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Bambi watchers need to grow up. I don't hunt my yard moose either, preferring to go miles away, but should a legal moose wander into the yard during season, he's meat in the freezer. No "hunt" at all..... but meat is meat. Where they are is a good place to kill one...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice job of the hunter putting in a fatal shot. I can only imagine what the article would have read should it not have been such a nice shot.

I imagine this will turn the hunt into one with legal hunting days only on week days to eliminate human conflict. They already have several of these hunts for mountain goats and bighorn sheep where hikers and climbers are usually very active on the weekends.

Imagine, too, it wasn't that long ago the liberals were wanting the CP&W to release wolves into Rocky Mountain National Park versus using hunters and snipers to curve the elk population. Can you imagine the horror of some liberals watching a pack of wolves take down an elk in their back yard or while having a picnic somewhere while hiking.

Goofy aka graybird on other forums

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning"
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
No I can't. Those fools would oooh and aahhh in admiration of "Nature".. It's we humans who are un-natural, cruel, slaughtering, insensitive, "murderers" of wild animals.

We are not part of "Nature" in their view, but petting-park outsiders, looking in.

Well, they are. Not me. Fine. There isn't enough room in here for all of us.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,513
Posts18,509,413
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.