Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I go through a gallon plus a week just by myself and sometimes I'll kill a couple of gallons. I've loved cold milk all my life. Warm milk would gag a maggot.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I make it a point not to keep it around. I would easily go through half a gallon a day if left unrestrained. I love the stuff!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by MColeman
I go through a gallon plus a week just by myself and sometimes I'll kill a couple of gallons. I've loved cold milk all my life. Warm milk would gag a maggot.

+1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Purchase two gallons every time I go to the grocers, and have a large glass with every meal... sometimes more. Then there is the late night hot chocolate and snacks!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i did until mid May....was using a cooler for a fridge out at Scott's so didnt keep alot of cold stuff on hand so quit drinking milk.....havent started back up....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No - Can't stand the vile stuff!

Ice cream or butter? You betcha!

Several times a year though, I get a craving for a peanut butter & jelly sandwich or raisin bran. The wife keeps a jug in the 'fridge 'cause she likes it in her coffee. I can't figure that one out, that's for sure.

Last edited by Elkhunter3006; 09/11/14.

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I love sweet milk and buttermilk.......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
+2
Originally Posted by Virginian2

+1

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I should drink a lot more to get the vitamin D. Half a gallon usually sours before I finish it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't drink a lot but nothing better than a very cold glass with warm oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I go through a half gallon a week by myself, but I eat cereal at work for breakfast. I rarely have a glass of milk.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At one time drank a half gallon per day to put on some weight. Now I just wolf down a quart or so per day.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Like Mickey, I go through a lot of milk. I'd say I drink through a gallon every 4-5 days. At least one giant glass of it gets a couple of heaping TBSPs of Ovaltine, the original malt kind. Have loved the stuff since childhood.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for those that work out, chocolate milk is just as good as most of the after work out protein drinks you buy.....most use whey protein anyway

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes I do! With dunking graham crackers! Both my dogs wait for their piece of cracker too!

( that was not a racial slur)

Last edited by kaywoodie; 09/11/14.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A gallon or two of buttermilk a week.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I drink two gallons a week. I only drink raw milk, though. Pasteurized milk gives me monster hay fever.

I wish I knew as a child what I learned about eight years ago when I switched to raw milk. Suddenly, what had been a lifelong misery, was gone, i.e., two allergy seasons every year since I was a little kid, lasting as long as two months each, where I'd often be so sick from constant sneezing that I'd have to spend days at a time in bed hopped up on Benadryl.

Suddenly, overnight, eight years ago, I discovered what it was like not to suffer from hay fever. And I had no idea that it had anything to do with pasteurized milk till I switched to raw and found out. I was like, "Hey, this is the time of year I'm supposed to be miserable with hay fever, WTF??" Have hardly had an allergy-related sniffle since. Where I used to never be without antihistamines, I haven't kept them in the house in years, as they're just not needed.

Only later, out of curiosity, did I research it and discover that this was a common experience for folks who switched from pasteurized milk to raw. The theory is that pasteurization destroys the enzymes necessary for properly metabolizing the milk proteins. Not being properly metabolized, when they enter the blood stream, your body recognizes them as foreign matter and triggers the immune system in response, i.e., what we call "hay fever" is the body's immune system going on full tilt to destroy and/or expel the unmetabolized milk proteins.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drink a fair amount - gotta be skim milk and it's gotta be just above freezing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Yes I do! With dunking graham crackers! Both my dogs wait for their piece of cracker too!

( that was not a racial slur)

my german shorthair would lean over your steak to try and steal a drink out of your glass of milk....that dog will do anything for a taste of some milk

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A good friend drinks a couple of gallons a week usually with Jim Beam mixed in.

Last edited by SEdge; 09/11/14.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.