Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I have a sandrail with a 1640 dp and when its worn out i'm gonna put a fire breathing dragon back there and make it street legal

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Awesome.

Bug fan here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did that on snow with my stock bug once, almost on purpose. laugh

Yeah, awesome vid.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Surely to goodness you guys realize that's a video of someone playing a video game, right?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by looper
Surely to goodness you guys realize that's a video of someone playing a video game, right?

Hell no, I had no idea...looked at it again...yep....video game. Lololol... laugh

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yes, and don't ever call me Shirley.

- Rogue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Isn't it crazy how realistic video games look now? The smoke trail was the only really obvious give away

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Yeah, just think what they'll look like in 10 years. My wife and I had a recent discussion about how realistic things were getting. We were both of the opinion that there will be a lot of actors and actresses out of jobs before too long.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They'll all be doing voice overs!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Anyone who ever spent time behind the wheel of a V Dub will tell ya, there is no way you can do that without flipping the little sucker...to much traction on the rear wheels for them to skid like that unless it is on oil or ice...

can also tell that is the old Airfield Top Gear Uses on their show...

on the flip side, there is a Doctor around 40 or so here in town...that has a 67 VW Bug, and has it converted solely to an electric engine of some sort...

he just drives it around town...not getting far from a place to charge it...but for get up and go between stop lights, it has pretty darn impressive acceleration for a VDub...

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My wife had a older VW Beetle, my son a souped-up Super Beetle and I had an early 70's VW 411. They all had excellent straight line traction but under any kind of slick driving conditions you had to be extra careful and not try to go too fast or accelerate to quickly in a turn or curve otherwise the weight of the rear engine made them prone to swapping ends on you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had one in college in upstate NY. In slippery snow the only way to turn a corner was under power. Coasting or braking the thing went straight no matter what the steering wheel was doing. Not bad though if you planned so you didn't have to stomp the accelerator hard enough to kick the back end around. With manual and the horrendous weight imbalance it taught me a lot about road physics and how to really drive a car.

Now that fake windshield washer, inside windshield frosting over, and heat exchangers replaced in fall and rusted out before winter are another matter. The rusted through floor pan, frozen passenger door and accelerator pedal that would stick down with slush on the floor I could live with. laugh

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
aww you boys were just use to driving American stuff, that had oversteer... VDubs and Convairs being rear engined had understeer...they turned just fine in slick stuff, as long as you didn't turn them as quick as you would an American car with the engine in the front...

I had a batch of bugs and then a whole batch of Squarebacks...
use to put snows in the back in the winter, but when the weather got bad and the snow deep, I would put the snows in the front and the front tires in the back with chains on them... darn things would go about anywhere a Jeep would go....

and sure the heater boxes rusted in the winter real quick... unless you knew how to keep them maintained...I use to use about 3 boxes of tin foil on each side, wrapped them up tight and secured the tin foil with hose clamps...

heck on trips, I use to open a can of Dinty Moore, put it up against the heater vent on the passenger side, and kept it from sliding around by using a shoe or boot up against it...20 to 30 minutes it was ready to eat....

most of the things I learned about engine oil and making things last a long time, I learned being a college kid on a budget, and buying VWs for $50 with a shot engine.. then buy one out of the bone yard for $100 with low miles...

The last engine I bought during college had 7,000 miles on it.. got it for $100.... that engine lived in 3 different Squarebacks...it finally went on me, about 3 weeks before I went on active duty for basic.....it had 160,000 miles on it at the time on its demise... main bearings finally seized...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Squarebacks eek . Had one that if uphill at a stoplight kids on roller skates could pass me. Did have the auto transmission but even so 1600cc with the extra weight... Front end rusted out in that one. Now this was in Syracuse AKA Salt City. Salt City for the salt springs though in winter you'd think it was for the roads. A couple times - swear to God - the salt was thicker than the snow. Everybody drove winter rats, but as a college kid I had all-season rats.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by looper
Yeah, just think what they'll look like in 10 years. My wife and I had a recent discussion about how realistic things were getting. We were both of the opinion that there will be a lot of actors and actresses out of jobs before too long.
I've read that computer imaging is getting so good that it won't be long before a major movie star will be nothing more than a computer flash drive and no one will know the difference. When it happens, the multi million $ Tom Cruise salaries will be history.
It will also eliminate the need for stunt men as the computer will have the 'star' doing his own.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't know about VW beetle difting, or drifting, but when the first ones came ashore; we all somehow knew that they would float.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (10ring1, Armednfree, badwolf, 7887mm08, ar33c9, 11 invisible), 1,426 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,886
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.