Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
worn by PoPo's wearing nice blue shirts, nice slacks with a stripe up the side & nicely shined low cut, laced shoes.

MM

Yeah, cuz what I wear is important to how I treat people.

You ever try to run in that stuff? Or wrassle around in the mud with a guy while wearing that stuff?

I spend my shift wearing BDUs. Not because we're trying to look like Ricky recon ranger seal, but because it's functional. It's cheaper for us to replace (yes, we buy our own). They have more pockets to put stuff. It's just better all around.

I do wish we didn't blouse our boots though. No real need for that outside of looks. I'll give ya that one, but that's it.

Police rank structure and uniforms have ALWAYS been modeled after the military. Since the beginning of organized police forces. County Sheriff's in America were an exception to that until relatively recently. They wore what they could afford and used the gear that worked for their environment. In the early days if our country, especially in the West, they often couldn't afford anything other than what a guy brought with him to the job. So the common dress and firearms of the day was it. Doesn't mean they didn't wish they had more.

This whole militarization thing has gotten way out of hand. In that, it doesn't exist. At all. Those of you who believe it have been hoodwinked by alarmist media. Taken in, hook, line, and sinker.

But even if it did, clothing certainly has nothing to do with it. Our military once wore exactly what you described a cop should wear now. Ever think of that? Where did you think that uniform came from?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Why isn't there a testicular cancer VW Bug to roll thru Zilker in?

Inquiring minds wanna know?

The VW is for free prostate exams.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thompson, optional.

Considering when that picture was taken, that Thompson may have been his personal weapon.

I know!!! Ain't it interesting!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by derby_dude
A rifle using standard velocity ammo with a suppressor tend to be louder than without the suppressor.

I don't know what to say, I just felt compelled to quote that.

I know exactly what you mean
It's quite sad

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll accede to the rural boys patrolling in cars.......not SUV's, not anti-tank vehicles, not half-tracks with mounted 50's though.

MM

I don't know what county you are in, but in mine there are plenty of county roads a deputy could reasonably be expected to patrol or respond to a call on that are many times not passable in a car.

MAGA
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'll accede to the rural boys patrolling in cars.......not SUV's, not anti-tank vehicles, not half-tracks with mounted 50's though.

MM

I don't know what county you are in, but in mine there are plenty of county roads a deputy could reasonably be expected to patrol or respond to a call on that are many times not passable in a car.

Around here, during the winter we call those City Streets.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Did YOU ever think the the taxpayers pay your salary & WE should decide what your dress code should be............just like in business, the owners get to make the rules. (In the case of PoPo's, we, the taxpayer, should also bear the cost of your duty clothing.)

You don't like that, find another career.

Don't misunderstand, Pira; I think your a good, & generally logical & sensible guy from most of your posts........but there are other views on this contrary to what your emotions may make you feel.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

MM

Around here, during the winter we call those City Streets.

Don't take it all literally, just making a point...........

MM

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
MM, you pay for the welfare and food stamps, shouldn't you be able to require a drug test?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Did YOU ever think the the taxpayers pay your salary & WE should decide what your dress code should be............just like in business, the owners get to make the rules. (In the case of PoPo's, we, the taxpayer, should also bear the cost of your duty clothing.)

For conversation....His taxpayers must be OK with it and that's really all that matters.

Most folks would probably find my uniform highly unprofessional but the people I work for think it's great, and that's all that matters.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Don't misunderstand, Pira; I think your a good, & generally logical & sensible guy from most of your posts........but there are other views on this contrary to what your emotions may make you feel.

MM

You're partially correct........

You don't pay for anything I'm regards to my uniforms or equipment.

My employers, the taxpayers in my AO, do get to make the call on what I wear and what firearms/equipment I have available. If you want your local LEOs in crisp blues carrying wheelguns, get to it. I'm fairly certain my employers disagree....contrary to what your emotions make you believe.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Most folks would probably find my uniform highly unprofessional but the people I work for think it's great, and that's all that matters.

True, but that's not the case everywhere.

What is the uniform? (Of a patrol guy)

MM

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The above special times aside, what do you look like on a regular basis when you are on patrol or walking a beat, if you even do that?

ATVs or bikes is the norm for us, if we're not on foot. So our uniform fits the task. It's about as far from shined shoes and bus driver hats as you can get. But it's also about as far from a military uniform as you can get.

Running shoes
[Linked Image]

Blue cargo shorts

And a super reflective "i'mrightherepleasedon'trunoverme" shirt
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The shirt has my name emblazoned on the front to make complaining about my sarcasm easier.

And I usually wear sunglasses so people can't see me rolling my eyes at them.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
And about those suppressors.........

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You mean loudeners? They make things louder so now I think they're a bad idea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

MM

Couple of points.

You must have missed the part where I said I buy my own. A lot of agencies are that way.

And I pay taxes too. So that makes me at least equal in the decision making process of what I wear. Maybe a bit more because I have experience working in it.

And finally, 90% of the people we contact are not tax payers. They're tax users. Just sayin.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
bazinga

MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by pira114
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

MM

Couple of points.

You must have missed the part where I said I buy my own. A lot of agencies are that way.

And I pay taxes too. So that makes me at least equal in the decision making process of what I wear. Maybe a bit more because I have experience working in it.

And finally, 90% of the people we contact are not tax payers. They're tax users. Just sayin.

While I am happy for your great private sector success that has made your taxes alone exceed your government pay and benies, the only way that a government non-worker can ever pay taxes; almost every other government non-worker pays no taxes and is a much worse tax user than even the 'welfarians.'

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rovering
Originally Posted by pira114
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

MM

Couple of points.

While I am happy for your great private sector success that has made your taxes alone exceed your government pay and benies, the only way that a government non-worker can ever pay taxes; almost every other government non-worker pays no taxes and is a much worse tax user than even the 'welfarians.'

Ummm, what? That made no sense if it was directed at me

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.