Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Our local sheriff's department is a joke. It's not what they where, it's how they wear it. They look like sloppy, homeless people. Ripped jumpsuits, backwards baseball caps, etc etc.

Your local sheriff is elected, right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The above special times aside, what do you look like on a regular basis when you are on patrol or walking a beat, if you even do that?

ATVs or bikes is the norm for us, if we're not on foot. So our uniform fits the task. It's about as far from shined shoes and bus driver hats as you can get. But it's also about as far from a military uniform as you can get.

Running shoes
[Linked Image]

Blue cargo shorts

And a super reflective "i'mrightherepleasedon'trunoverme" shirt
[Linked Image]

Not bad, actually pretty nice.

Keep in mind my original post about the uniforms was TIC to the opposite end of the spectrum from military style uniforms.............some (LEO's) here are just overly sensitive (manage & control) even about clothing; their way or the highway.

Lots of happy mediums short of either extreme..........but I'll say again, I dead set against militarization. Not just because of the appearance, but more so because of the attitude & mindset it promulgates. It comes out even in an internet discussion of attire with some.

MM

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I understand the purpose of the looser fitting uniforms but I do not like them. I think they look like schit even when starched and pressed.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
I understand the purpose of the looser fitting uniforms but I do not like them. I think they look like schit even when starched and pressed.

Travis

I've noticed that borderline in shape guys look worse in BDUs, but really out of shape guys look horrible no matter what. But yeah, the BDUs do accentuate a big belly.

If you're in good shape, and they're sized right, they can look good. We wear the 5.11 brand. I like it because it's durable and cheap. I don't like it because they're hot and oversized.

We used to wear ProTuffs, actually made for paramedics, and they were the best overall. Just pricey. But they went out of business. It was owned by a local guy who just decided to hang it up one day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Our local sheriff's department is a joke. It's not what they where, it's how they wear it. They look like sloppy, homeless people. Ripped jumpsuits, backwards baseball caps, etc etc.

We aren't allowed to wear baseball caps in uniform. If you're in Dress,or class A uniforms you will wear a campaign hat whenever you'reout of the vehicle, unless you're inside a building. If you are in class B, no hat in the summer, and a knit hat in the winter is optional

We can wear ball caps in inclement weather only. Knit cap when the watch commander says it's cold enough.

Class A's are long sleeve, tie, Ike Jacket, and Smokey Bear cover. All borrowed from the military decades ago by the way. Wonder why that's OK?

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by pira114

We aren't allowed to wear baseball caps in uniform. If you're in Dress,or class A uniforms you will wear a campaign hat whenever you'reout of the vehicle, unless you're inside a building. If you are in class B, no hat in the summer, and a knit hat in the winter is optional

We can wear ball caps in inclement weather only. Knit cap when the watch commander says it's cold enough.

Class A's are long sleeve, tie, Ike Jacket, and Smokey Bear cover. All borrowed from the military decades ago by the way. Wonder why that's OK?

I can't imagine telling officers they can't wear a cover. Just makes no sense to me. Can someone help me with that reasoning?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The ike jacket, tie and overl shoulder belt are what we call "dress, or parade" uniform. Our class A is a normal patrol uniform. Black trouser with gold stripe. Black uniform shirt basketweave leather, and a campaign hat. Class bs are tdu style, with a polo shirt. And an optional external vest if you choose. We even have set dates for long sleeve/ short sleeve. Oct first for long sleeve and may 1st for short sleeve. We also have a no facial hair policy, except for mustache, but must not extend beyond upper lip.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I can't imagine telling officers they can't wear a cover. Just makes no sense to me. Can someone help me with that reasoning?

Just the way it's been for years. You wanna wear a hat, wear your class A's.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by G12
We even have set dates for long sleeve/ short sleeve. Oct first for long sleeve and may 1st for short sleeve. We also have a no facial hair policy, except for mustache, but must not extend beyond upper lip.

Same as the U.S Army. I guess that makes you Uber-Militarized?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/13/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Didn't realize .223 made so much noise.

If it's AI it does.

GOA
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Ironically, they don't think it looks professional

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
This is awesome.

I'm in tears

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So Mac, do y'all have loudeners on y'all's rifles?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
A rifle using standard velocity ammo with a suppressor tend to be louder than without the suppressor.

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Didn't realize .223 made so much noise.

Just in case anyone is skipping to the last page. Wouldn't want them to miss all of this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blue;
Good evening to you sir, I'm hoping that you and your fine family are doing well as of late.

I was going to say something out of character and semi-sarcastic - you know, like I'm shocked you folks allow any militarism whatsoever in your police forces. We'd never do such a thing up here across the medicine line in civilized Canada..... wink

[Linked Image]

Oh wait, so yah Blue - only the DRESS uniforms are paramilitary.... yah that's it...... laugh

On the subject of suppressors, I do know the ERT teams in the RCMP and various city PD's use them up here.

We're just moving into the '90's and talking about issuing an AR based "patrol carbine" for the RCMP - which considering the rural areas they patrol is long, long overdue.

I might wish they don't need patrol carbines or suppressors up here Blue, but as the old Ian Tyson song says, "wishin' don't make it so...".

The thread has made for some fine reading though tonight and for that I'll say a heartfelt thanks to the participants - one and all. grin

Stay safe out there Blue, all the very best to you and your fine family and good luck on your hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No words of wisdom from take a pee yet?

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne, I hope you're having a grand weekend. We got a cold front here, all the way down into the 60s last night. Folks were bundled up today.

And if you ever come across one of those helmets with a spike I'd appreciate you sending it my way. I could spear people with it if they knocked me off my bike.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blue;
Thanks for the reply, it's good to hear you're surviving the cold spell.

Actually our falls are a bit weird here as it was 80�F here today and might come close to freezing tonight.

I was trying to count points on a bull elk yesterday morning and wasn't quite acclimatized for the 30�F temps I was sitting in perched on the rocks - in the wind - so I was shaking so bad it was tough to count the points on the bull in question. laugh

As it turned out Blue, he'd only grown 5 on one side and 4 on the other - big, BIG 5x4 though so he was nice to watch for a bit.

On the toad stabber attached pith helmet, I'll keep an eye out for one but have got to say don't hold your breath as some of the older gear has become quite collectible nowadays.

In my checkered youth I missed out on a couple New Service revolvers marked correctly that still make me sniffle a bit today as they weren't asking that much for them. cry

There was a correctly marked drill sword too that makes me shake my head in sadness, but that's a tale for another evening Blue.

Dibs to you on a pith helmet though for sure my cyber friend.

All the best to you folks Blue.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Blue I can't hear you, the loudener made me deaf.

I have one on my sbr and contrary to dd, it doesn't make it louder.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Skeeters are bad here tonight. Bad in fact as I've ever seen them here.

Worked with my son on drawing from the holster and plugging targets. Downed bear/deer were the scenarios tonight. Bugger can shoot that mod 60 well enough to almost put me to shame. Getting quick out of the holster to boot. In a couple years he'll really be something I reckon. Accuracy is there SA, need to work on the DA though and the speed from the holster. Though he's quick enough to beat some adults I've seen.

In the event he decides to grow up and put on a uniform, I want him proficient with S&W's and wadcutters. wink

Better get him used to a clamshell or a swivel holster ad well, I hear that Cops are going to go back to those when they return to revolvers...

Revolvers do have a legitimate role in enforcing laws on civilians as mentioned here:

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...ng-of-12-year-old-boy-40-years-ago.html/

Can't recall if he was the main shooter or assisting, but that brave officer was in on killing another perp a few years before he took that one off the streets permanently as well.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 57 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.