Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Just wondering how much of this bad behavior is from Roid rage or is it just up bringing???

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Odd, the percentage appears to be less then society in general for this type of behavior.

Good that it gets the real subject some attention, which is wife and child abuse, which is a all too real issue.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup...It's about time and what we've seen is just the tip of the iceberg. I believe Sports and Businesses alike should have a zero tolerance for the abuse of men or women.

Dan I do think roids have some influence with those who take them. Some old rugby buddies of mine get downright mean when they drink and they all attribute it to roid usage. One in particular had trouble with spouse abuse.

Also, if a kid sees his Dad hitting his Mom he likely takes that with him through life and at some point God forbid does the same.

Again, where the evidence supports I say zero tolerance across ALL walks of life.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Look at the demographics, what do you expect?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There a lot of wife beaters AND child abusers throughout society. No sub group of humanity seems to have a corner on the market.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zero tolerance is never a good policy, for anything.
That's how we get kids expelled from school for pointing a finger at someone.
Not that any woman would ever lie about abuse...

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most if not all NFL athletes have been coddled since they were teenagers.

Idolized, they are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want, bad grades overlooked, abhorrent behavior swept under the rug and showered with millions of dollars when in their early twenties.
They are worshipped for being gladiators, rewarded for violence upon other men and given a level of social entitlement based upon their celebrity status.

I'm not surprised one bit by their behavior.

Proud NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Part of it is a result of a society that puts sports stars on a pedestal, forgetting that if they weren't good at playing football, basketball, or boxing that they'd likely be dealing drugs in the ghetto. Being good at football doesn't make you a "hero" or qualify you for any of the other BS accolades that get heaped upon these guys. The instantaneous wealth, fame, & women that gets heaped upon what is in most cases an uneducated thug is more than they're capable of handling.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
Odd, the percentage appears to be less then society in general for this type of behavior.

Good that it gets the real subject some attention, which is wife and child abuse, which is a all too real issue.

The reports I've seen say ARRESTS are lower.
That's not saying it doesn't happen just as often

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
There a lot of wife beaters AND child abusers throughout society. No sub group of humanity seems to have a corner on the market.

Nail-on-head

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First, I don't think the NFL is any better or worse than any other sport for spousal or child abuse.

Second, According to stats that Limbaugh had the other day women account for between 21 and 30 percent of all spousal and child abuse. I don't know of a single woman playing NFL football. I could be wrong as I never watch football so women could be playing NFL football.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Most if not all NFL athletes have ben coddled since they were teenagers.

Idolized, they are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want, bad grades overlooked, abhorrent behavior swept under the rug and showered with millions of dollars when in their early twenties.
They are worshipped for being gladiators, rewarded for violence upon other men and given a level of social entitlement based upon their celebrity status.

Agreed. Not to mention they have been taking hits to the head since they were kids.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's upbringing, nothing else.

Americans First!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Most if not all NFL athletes have ben coddled since they were teenagers.

Agreed. Not to mention they have been taking hits to the head since they were kids.

I agree too.

As I have gotten older I have come to hate the NFL. Arizona wanted to pass that law to protect Christians in the workplace against the over reach of sodommites and the NFL jumped in the fray on the side of sodom. And other PC foolishness.

But this wife beating fiasco puts the women libbers in a position to give us some answers.

If a man is in fact bigger and stronger than a woman, so much so, that it is not right or just for him to fight back when his women cusses him and spits on him and hits him..

Then it must be admitted that women are not qualified to serve in combat roles in the military.

Simple as that.

But the women libbers want it both ways.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Robert_White

I agree too.

As I have gotten older I have come to hate the NFL. Arizona wanted to pass that law to protect Christians in the workplace against the over reach of sodommites and the NFL jumped in the fray on the side of sodom. And other PC foolishness.

But this wife beating fiasco puts the women libbers in a position to give us some answers.

If a man is in fact bigger and stronger than a woman, so much so, that it is not right or just for him to fight back when his women cusses him and spits on him and hits him..

Then it must be admitted that women are not qualified to serve in combat roles in the military.

Simple as that.

But the women libbers want it both ways.

So, you are saying that if women want to serve this country in combat, it's ok to hit them at home......

Dude.......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No that is not my argument.

Their argument is that women are equal to men in every way... no difference.

But they ain't

I don't believe in men hitting their wives. And I don't believe that women are equal to men in every way. And I don't believe that women should serve in combat roles or on combat ships at sea or in submarines.

Last edited by Robert_White; 09/14/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately, men beating women - boyfriends beating fiances - husbands beating wives - all have been going on for centuries. It is terrible behavior, and a corrective spotlight like the current foofarah can be a good thing.

But this NFL focused fiasco is a joke - socio-political theater - same old perps and beneficiaries - playing on the gulllible.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If Peterson beat his 4 year old like they are saying, he's done for in the NFL.
As he should be! No excuse EVER for beating a 4 year old! A simple swat on the butt would most likely suffice at that age.

My old mean Granny, who's 95 now, used to switch me every day in the summer, when I was a kid. I'm sure I deserved a lot of it. Never left any marks, though.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=chlinstructor]If Peterson beat his 4 year old like they are saying, he's done for in the NFL.
As he should be! No excuse EVER for beating a 4 year old! A simple swat on the butt would most likely suffice at that age.

My old mean Granny, who's 95 now, used to switch me every day in the summer, when I was a kid. I'm sure I deserved a lot of it. Never left any marks, though.

Every day? and just in the summer? Was that when you stayed with her? I think some people from that generation thought kids would be of no good if they spared the rod.

Whenever I got hit, it was a mark to remember.....just rarely happened because I learned quick there are some things that are NOT acceptable. shocked

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AA, yes I stayed with her every summer when I was kid. She'd switch the neighborhood kids, also, if they got caught in the line of fire! Finally I got fast enough to out run her, though!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/14/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1badf350, 1minute, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,167
Posts18,503,094
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.