Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I came to the realization I can't hunt elk this season at my age with one arm. The torn rotator cuff put the kibosh on the tougher hunts and will keep me confined to easier type game to get out of the mountains and back to the truck.

I'm not much liking these "Golden Years". Who the hll came up with that name for getting old and crippled? grin

I just got back from the Reno NV DOW office. I left them my two elk tags to award to alternates.

Watch for a lot of guns and gear for sale soon. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like you need to dig a hole and pull the dirt over you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Feel for you my friend. Just had Thyroid surgery and will leave in two weeks, healed or not, cancer or not....I gotta go.

Hang in there! Hunt with friends who can help you get that toad outta there...

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Darn, L2S, I coulda used those tags, well, if any were specifically for roadside permits. wink

My brother has sworn off taking care of any more horses or mules. Bummer.

Last edited by eyeball; 09/16/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Feel for you my friend. Just had Thyroid surgery and will leave in two weeks, healed or not, cancer or not....I gotta go.

I have used up all the friends I had who were able to get one of the monsters out. Now I know why God made deer.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I never liked ground blinds. whistle

We don't hunt from truck towers over feeders like folks in TX. A slide down one of our mountains could cost me the use of an arm permanently. I turned back the tags to let another person go hunting and to save my pref-points for next year.

Last edited by luv2safari; 09/16/14.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hard to hear stuff like this. I wish you well. Hunt whatever you can whenever you can!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Godogs57

I have used up all the friends I had who were able to get one of the monsters out. Now I know why God made deer.

LOL...got that right. I will poke around with my muzzle mulie buck loader tag till the end of the month, then it's sagehen, forest grouse, quail, and devil-birds (chuckar).

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I came to the realization I can't hunt elk this season at my age with one arm. The torn rotator cuff put the kibosh on the tougher hunts and will keep me confined to easier type game to get out of the mountains and back to the truck.

I'm not much liking these "Golden Years". Who the hll came up with that name for getting old and crippled? grin

I just got back from the Reno NV DOW office. I left them my two elk tags to award to alternates.

Screw that.

You have a Hand Gun someplace...

If not, it's time you bought one. laugh

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Come on up, I can show you how to road hunt with about any injury...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

We don't hunt from truck towers over feeders like folks in TX. A slide down one of our mountains could cost me the use of an arm permanently. I turned back the tags to let another person go hunting and to save my pref-points for next year.

Ewwww....shows what you know about Texas. Are you looking for us to feel sorry for you or an Atta boy for giving your tags up?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't make a bunch of rash decisions, friend.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
L2S
Sucks to get old. Life in the short rows means we take a few more breaks and walk a little slower. The old bull doesn't run down to the meadow, he walks. It doesn't mean he won't be in the meadow.
Be gentle on that shoulder and chase Chukars with light loads and a light gun. By next year, maybe you can find a young strong back that needs a mentor who can carry out that elk.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy

I'm pretty sure he was talking about hunting with a pistol. Not shooting himself in ol nogging

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ewwww....shows what you know about Texas. Are you looking for us to feel sorry for you or an Atta boy for giving your tags up?

LT, I'm thinking you have this poster confused with another with "safari" in his name.

this is a different dude.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I wouldn't look to you for a breath of air if I were suffocating. I don't and never did like you or your rough tough cop attitudes.

Come try real mountains, not your bumps you call hill country. smirk

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Ewwww....shows what you know about Texas. Are you looking for us to feel sorry for you or an Atta boy for giving your tags up? [/quote]

LT, I'm thinking you have this poster confused with another with "safari" in his name.

this is a different dude.

Sycamore [/quote]

Nope.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy

I had to do it. Surgeon said a fall onto my left shoulder could wipe off the small remaining muscle and tendon from the bone, and he would not have anything to attach things to.

I'm just frustrated. It does save me my points for next season's draw.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I know you are frustrated. I was referring to selling your
stuff right away. You did a good thing.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I wouldn't look to you for a breath of air if I were suffocating. I don't and never did like you or your rough tough cop attitudes.

Come try real mountains, not your bumps you call hill country. smirk

No hills here. I just don't like listening to people feel sorry for themselves.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.