Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
School Insanity: 17-Year-Old Hunter Faces 'Zero Tolerance' Criminal Charges

http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/18/school-insanity-alert-cops-called-becaus

How times have changed, and I'm not all that old. The boy's cliques in my high school were the waterfowlers that drove down to the valley and the deer hunters that drove up to the mountains. Fridays, during hunting seasons, there were enough arms and ammo in that parking lot to fill a Cabela's.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hunter or not, a bayonet equipped rifle and 400 rounds of ammo?
Quit trying to force every gun related story onto someone assault on you're rights.
Good. Charge him.
Who knows what he had it for. You suppose he was headed to the deer woods? BS.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Read the article. Even law enforcement involved admitted the kid had no improper motive. He was planning to go to the range, is an avid hunter and was holding the gun for a friend. Everyone involved in the investigation agreed his possession in no way presented, or was evidence of any threat or intent to become a threat to anyone. He's simply a gun aficionado who ran afoul of "zero tolerance" anti-gun hysteria. Hypothetically, if law enforcement came to my house and found (again, hypothetically wink ) that I possessed tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, doezns of rifles, many semi-auto and colored black (OMG!!!), night vision goggles, huge quantities of stored food and water, knives, generators, fuel, etc., etc. is that evidence I intend to mount an attack on some innocent person?

I think not. Not sayin' I have that stuff either. wink

Last edited by RobJordan; 09/18/14.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Read the article. Even law enforcement involved admitted the kid had no improper motive. He was planning to go to the range, is an avid hunter and was holding the gun for a friend. Everyone involved in the investigation agreed his possession in no way presented, or was evidence of any threat or intent to become a threat to anyone. He's simply a gun aficionado who ran afoul of "zero tolerance" anti-gun hysteria.

true but we had the same rule when i was in school and we always have rifles in the vehicle and never had a problem though most the teachers and administration knew we had them in the vehicle.....course we were smart enough to park ACROSS THE STREET from the school

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
zero tolerance or not the kid is an idiot...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I fail to see how a smoking incident lead to anything to do with his car. The story is admittedly poorly written and sets up a big problem with "probable cause" - even on the school grounds. A good attorney would have a field day. Now if the kid "verbally consented" to a vehicle search, than its a different story.
But right now the reporting is "fubar".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He was a dumbass who got caught.
It has nothing to do with "rights' nor "hunting"

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I fail to see how a smoking incident lead to anything to do with his car. The story is admittedly poorly written and sets up a big problem with "probable cause" - even on the school grounds. A good attorney would have a field day. Now if the kid "verbally consented" to a vehicle search, than its a different story.

i agree poorly written.....guessing the kid was sitting in his car or some such thing which is what lead to the rest....he aint in trouble cause he is a hunter, he is in trouble cause he broke two rules he was fully aware he was breaking.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A bayonet equipped rifle and 400 rounds of ammunition weren't anything I ever took to the range or hunting. He had other intentions. The dumbazz got what he deserved and it make others of kind his think twice, good on the school administrators for having the backbone to handle the situation as it should have been handled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm thinkin' "plain view" is in play here. What an idiot. Any kid (or adult for that matter) that doesn't respect the idea that some stuff ain't allowed in some places is just stupid. Maybe he'll learn a lesson.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
A bayonet equipped rifle and 400 rounds of ammunition weren't anything I ever took to the range or hunting. He had other intentions. The dumbazz got what he deserved and it make others of kind his think twice, good on the school administrators for having the backbone to handle the situation as it should have been handled.

oh bullchit, both my SKS and Moisin-Nagant had attached bayonets and wasnt uncommon for me to have a ammo box with 500 rounds of milsurp....quite likely his plan was exactly what he said....but he is still a phuggin idiot

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I'm thinkin' "plain view" is in play here. What an idiot. Any kid (or adult for that matter) that doesn't respect the idea that some stuff ain't allowed in some places is just stupid. Maybe he'll learn a lesson.

Yes, "plain view" might be a part of this. But the kid certainly has issues and I can't fault LE in acting the way they did. Might have been a blessing that the kid was caught smoking.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing how many supposed pro-2A folks are ready to hang this kid. That shows how far we've fallen from actually giving a damn about our actual RIGHTS.

Zero tolerance is horse schit; pure and simple.

The left screams bloody murder about capital punishment because every so often a supposedly innocent person is executed. Yet, the left and some of the supposed right have no problem at all destroying the life of a kid who was doing nothing more than exercising his Second Amendment RIGHT to keep and bear arms...oh, and smoking a cigarette.

That's a hangin' crime these days. He'd have been better off screwing a 4th grader or selling drugs. God forbid he keep and bear arms.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Amazing how many supposed pro-2A folks are ready to hang this kid. That shows how far we've fallen from actually giving a damn about our actual RIGHTS.

The left screams bloody murder about capital punishment because every so often a supposedly innocent person is executed. Yet, the left and some of the supposed right have no problem at all destroying the life of a kid who was doing nothing more than exercising his Second Amendment RIGHT to keep and bear arms...oh, and smoking a cigarette.

That's a hangin' crime these days. He'd have been better off screwing a 4th grader or selling drugs. God forbid he keep and bear arms.

he was student doing what he knew was against the rules....my buddies and i kept guns in our vehicles but like i said we followed the rules and parked off school property....add tot hat the reason he got caught was cause he was breaking another rule and its really phuggin tough to feel sorry for him....if he had used a smiggen of common sense there would have been no issues at all....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, right... He [bleep] with a cigarette. That's a capital offense these days. So, the kid is now going to be a convicted felon for no overt and none of the cops saying he was any threat at all, simply because we are all scared schitless of the Second Amendment.

Rome, has fallen. Bury her now.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

Yes, I, not infrequently, here wonder if some weird internet routing error has dumped me into a Brady Campaign or SEIU forum instead of an outdoorsman's forum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We wonder far more than that about you. Giggling the handle doesn't seem to work either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, right... He [bleep] with a cigarette. That's a capital offense these days. So, the kid is now going to be a convicted felon for no overt and none of the cops saying he was any threat at all, simply because we are all scared schitless of the Second Amendment.

Rome, has fallen. Bury her now.

You're only succeeding in making yourself look foolish with your silly comments

He knowingly broke the law and all your spin ignores reality

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if your gonna play stupid games expect stupid prizes.....guessing if this kid is anything like my school it was beat into his head he cant smoke on campus....now he knows he cant smoke on campus or he is gonna get in trouble, and he does this knowing he also has a gun and a bunch of ammo in the vehicle which will also get him in trouble and was likely beat into his skull there is a zero tolerance policy with it

now i aint a fan of zero tolerance policies but the kid decided he was gonna thumb his nose at the rules he was fully aware of....really damn hard to feel sorry for the kid other than i think zero tolerance is stupid....for phug sake the worthless flunkies at my school were smarter than this kid....

ive knowingly broke the law more than once but ive never b!tched about it cause i got caught....i knew the risks going in....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damned rights anyway.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 3,227 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,222
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.