Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#9194440 09/21/14
tack Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
When fifteen of the first twenty two ads are one persons knife ads, it does become a PIA. Why does each ad have to have its own top billing?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah. This "knife store" is getting pretty irritating.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Usually ads from the various knife makers don't bother me but this morning was a bit much. Nearly the entire first page was knife ads.

Last edited by dye7barrel; 09/21/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive got like 15 knife ads out of 70 total....yep taking over smirk you know you can up the number of threads you see per page.....even if i missed a few in my quick count doesnt seem that excessive...

would love to have your guys problems that a free classified site pissed me off...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Top posting a whole raft of ads is lame.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the kind words & not so kind

I'd love to have my own sub forum here,but at this time it is not available,so the bumping will continue,unless I'm told otherwise by the powers that be.
I do apologize to all the irritated parties. Are you sure you don't need a knife though ?

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I'll take the knife ads that are clearly listed as to what they are, over the vague titled stuff like, bench clean off of stuff for sale that you have to click to figure out what it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One person top posting a raft of 20+ ads can bury other ads pretty quick on his own.. Christmas time gets particularly bad.

It goes back to the early days of the net, when blatant top posting was considered bad form.

Between the low ballers and top posters, I've gone back to ebay to sell most of my stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
One person top posting a raft of 20+ ads can bury other ads pretty quick on his own.. Christmas time gets particularly bad.

It goes back to the early days of the net, when blatant top posting was considered bad form.

Between the low ballers and top posters, I've gone back to ebay to sell most of my stuff.

While there is merit to your claim,add in,ads like this,in complaining about other ads/sellers,and look at the view count on such ads. That is something to ponder too.

An internet gang rape sub forum ,perhaps ?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Knife Adds?????

Over the last year or so I've become acquainted with a fellow I call VinceM.

If it were not for his adds here I would have a lot more jingle but fewer blades.

Vince features blades from a lot of "makers".

and does his own stuff as well.

For the most part V does not grind blades, but rather "handles" them.

He has "handled two complete sets for me and a few others as well as the mood strikes and my pocketbook will allow.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scales are African Blackwood, Maple, Stag and carbon fiber.

http://www.vcmcustomknives.com/

Thanks for those and all the Menefee's.

Keep up the good work.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tack
When fifteen of the first twenty two ads are one persons knife ads, it does become a PIA. Why does each ad have to have its own top billing?

I've been through this before. If I list a bunch of knives in one thread ,and after time,can't edit,it becomes a big ball of confusion. I tried it,and sometimes will list 2,3,or 4 together,it really is not effective for me,to keep the ad tended too & updated

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

ads period get buried quick just due to the amount of use the classified get compared to 5 years ago due the the increase in members here.....even with my screen changed to a larger number shown not uncommon for a 24 hour period to have a half dozen pages. but its a free site that i aint paying to list stuff....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VinceM adds do not bother me in the least. I actually like to see them.
This is the way I look at it. When an individual such as he, around Christmas time donates some pricey knives like John Lloyd folders.
To some underprivledged kids. To make their Christmas a little brighter, and possibly nudge them in the direction of a life long hunter.
I say post all the D@#$ knife adds you want VinceM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One commercial seller top posting a raft of his product is a bit different than individual ads of different product.

It becomes boring, and my interest goes elsewhere pretty quickly.

Just a personal observation, not meant to be taken as a whole.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by j2dogs
VinceM adds do not bother me in the least. I actually like to see them.
This is the way I look at it. When an individual such as he, around Christmas time donates some pricey knives like John Lloyd folders.
To some underprivledged kids. To make their Christmas a little brighter, and possibly nudge them in the direction of a life long hunter.
I say post all the D@#$ knife adds you want VinceM.

^^^EXACTLY THIS!!!^^^

I'll second Gee's sentiments. Vince gave me my start in knives and introduced me to all of them. He is one of the good guys on here who also spends a lot of his personal time helping out the local youth orgs trying to teach kids about honesty and the outdoors. In a world where not many people take the time to even acknowledge others he goes out of his way and spends his own money to make sure it happens. I for nor like to look at all his ads!! If you don't, just scroll on!!

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I guess I'll have to start bumping Vince ads to the top for him ... like last time. If it bothers you whiners that damn much, you're prolly spending too much time on here to begin with. Please go elsewhere!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
within an hour they are mixed up anyway......i rarely look at them but given they are obviously knives for sale no big deal to scroll past.....for me anyway, which is why i have it set for more posts per page, makes skimming through faster

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some cow can come on here and start top posting a raft of beanie babies f/s day after day, and it would pretty much the same to me as the knives, as they hold the same amount of interest to me - none.

But I bet the screams would be a bit louder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks RB I have some real nice stuff available right now,at a time when selling seems off. Buyers,take advantage of availability ,and some prices slashed too.

Thanks All for your kind comments I do appreciate it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I guess I'll have to start bumping Vince ads to the top for him ... like last time. If it bothers you whiners that damn much, you're prolly spending too much time on here to begin with. Please go elsewhere!

Go right ahead..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.