Campfire Ranger
I thought it was a 788.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That (I won't say g n) should have been melted down long ago.

Last edited by eyeball; 09/24/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Is it the Leupold or the Weaver mounts? Okay, bad joke.

I'm surprised somebody owns it. I would have thought the police would have permanently disposed of it.

Last edited by Whiptail; 09/24/14.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Why would anyone pay that kind of money for it?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Concur.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball

Yep. Out of respect for the dead and their relatives.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad

don't know, but some sick bastard will.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by 5sdad

don't know, but some sick bastard will.

"Bad guy" guns can bring some awesome money at auction...

But, mostly they are outlaws that came with more of a story than a brain tumor and dozens of innocent people.

I doubt this one will go for anywhere near the opening bid. (I could be wrong, but I hope not.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Why? It's simply a rifle and a tool. I don't give it any more or less "personality" than any others. Seems the anti-2A crowd imbues firearms with "evil" characteristics all the time and to no good end. Why should we do anything similar?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It just rubs me the wrong way that someone is so willing to turn a profit off the souls of all those that died on that fateful day. This gun should have been destroyed decades ago.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Why? It's simply a rifle and a tool. I don't give it any more or less "personality" than any others. Seems the anti-2A crowd imbues firearms with "evil" characteristics all the time and to no good end. Why should we do anything similar?

Precisely.

No need to destroy the rifle. If I had my way, it would go to a rogue's gallery of historical items.

They didn't melt down Bonnie and Clyde's guns, and they killed more folks than cholera.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
It just rubs me the wrong way that someone is so willing to turn a profit off the souls of all those that died on that fateful day. This gun should have been destroyed decades ago.

Why destroy the tool?

People turn profits off the deaths of others all the time. That sickness has everything to do with the humans involved, not the means of their greed.

Of course, Schumer and Feinstein and Boxer and Bloomberg will be quick to tell you about other "evil" firearms that ought to be destroyed so that sick people can't turn a profit from them or use them in any way ("assault rifles" anyone?). That 700 is nothing more than Harry Reid's fear-mongering "military grade sniper rifles" made real.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Why destroy the tool?

People turn profits off the deaths of others all the time. That sickness has everything to do with the humans involved, not the means of their greed.

Of course, Schumer and Feinstein and Boxer and Bloomberg will be quick to tell you about other "evil" firearms that ought to be destroyed so that sick people can't turn a profit from them or use them in any way ("assault rifles" anyone?). That 700 is nothing more than Harry Reid's fear-mongering "military grade sniper rifles" made real.
Agreed. It's just a gun. I get the same feeling looking at the derringer that was used to kill Lincoln. It is often portrayed as "the gun that killed Lincoln". The man, Booth, killed Lincoln.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ultimately, the gun killed less people than the pen that signed �bamacare into law will be responsible for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
ultimately, the gun killed less people than the pen that signed �bamacare into law will be responsible for.

Beat me to it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wether or not you think it should be destroyed, IMO it's really bad form to try to make money off the dead, and that's all this is. Quietly sell it to a museum somewhere if you have to, but don't parade it around on an auction site.

But, I guess that's the great thing about America. Everyone is supposed to be free to practice their individual set of ethics any way they choose.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser

But, I guess that's the great thing about America. Everyone is supposed to be free to practice their individual set of ethics any way they choose.

*Cough* Safariman *Cough*

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't disagree that the sale is in bad form. There is no dictating class.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Agreed. We are supposed to do the right thing because it's the right thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (02bfishn, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.