-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one and would like to get more. If you know where to look, there are some truly amazing artists out there. The other day I saw a full sleeve that had a very detailed old tallship, with crashing waves and a kraken rising up from the sea. Real sweet.

As a professional though, I'm limited as to what I can do.

Eric

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't have one and have no plans to get one. None of my grandsons have tattoos (so far) but all three of my wife's grand-daughters do. The oldest girl (who is in the Navy) is pretty much covered with them. The girls tell me that the armed services have no prohibitions against tattoos--they just have to be placed so that they can't be seen when wearing a dress uniform.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't that multi thousand year old guy that was found frozen in a glacier some years ago have tattoos?

I don't have any and never wanted any. Have some natural ones put on by various thorn bushes and tree stobs from the days when I was brush busting on a cow pony.

Quando Omni Moritati
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
None here, but to each their own.
Artists like Niki Norberg make me appreciate the skills involved. Amazing.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
None here.
I've read that one of the fastest growing and highly lucrative business out there is tattoo removal.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't have them, and consider them symbolic of low class. Now as with a lot of young girls, some of the granddaughters have them, and in quite a few places.
I particularly laugh at what is called a "tramp stamp." Which means a billboard tattoo on the butt right above the butt crack. I am sure that is going to be visually stimulating when they get to be about 50. I was on a facebook association page recently and a sweet young thing was complaining about underemployment, not having enough money to make the rent payment, and beggin for money. Which led me to her personal page, quite distinctive with that bull ring through her nose, the gothic makeup, and african markings on her. Absolutely brainless.
My brother in law had tats, one on an arm, the other on his leg, both his I.D. service numbers. The idea being in the pacific during WWII if he got blown up, maybe they could identify him from the numbers. As to removal, I know another sweet young thing that had a big bill board tattoo on her chest right above the boob line. She is paying to get it removed now.
I hear this "personal expression" stuff quite a bit. Okay, and it's my right to say you don't need a job if you want to emulate a watusi.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/27/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I got one when I was in the second grade, a small dot the size of a pencil lead in my right thigh. I placed a really sharp #2 pencil in my pocket point first, then sometime later sat down at my desk and got my first tattoo.

I didn't really like tattoos after that and decided not to get any more.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Thought about it once, but then I asked myself if I'd still want it when I was 70 and it wasn't quite the same shape as it was when I got it. decided against it. IMHO, it's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. However, I have no issue if someone wants one, though, to each their own. That said, I tend to view tattoos on attractive women in the same light I would spray can art on a Ferrari.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I try not to judge people ,but when I see some one with a tattoo on their face,on neck,I can't help but wonder if they have a screw loose.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No tattoo's on me.
My dad had a small faded tattoo of a heart on his left forearm. He always said that he regretted getting it and if he could go back and change some things in his past not getting that tattoo would be up at the top of the list. For some reason this stuck in my mind.

My own personal observation is that while tattoo's have always been around, their acceptance and popularity over the last 2-3 decades began within the entertainment industry, same as so many other styles and trends.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

I have none. I plan to never have any. I do not understand this whole tattoo infatuation thing. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
None here.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not for me, but have no problem with them on others. Except for the occasional "stranded need money guy" that's covered.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
None here. It seems like in the younger crowd, more women than men get them. As far as "tramp stamps" go, they've been called that for years so any woman who has gotten one lately is telling everyone all they need to know about her.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If I ever have a tattoo it'll be a bar code and expiration date before they put me in the ovens... that's if they can take me alive.

Kent

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just about everyone, it seems, has tattoos today.

� Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

� Are tattoos a passing fad, or will they always be culturally ordinary?
I have none. The trend towards them is a sign of a civilization sliding towards barbarity. Same with piercings.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
None and no plans to get one.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
None here. My daughter and younger son have them, but nothing visible while wearing street clothes.

Whatever trips your trigger, I guess.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just about everyone, it seems, has tattoos today.

� Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

� Are tattoos a passing fad, or will they always be culturally ordinary?

I don't have a tattoo. Neither do my wife and children except our youngest who got 4 tiny black tattoos that were used as alignment points during his radiation therapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma over a dozen years ago.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
None here.Just not my thing. Women appear kinda' skank with tats imho.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.