-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kind of expected 'flave to show up and admit that he "won't defile himself" or some-such. wink grin

Had thought about getting a small one -on my foot where it would nearly always be covered by sock and shoe - but never convinced myself that it was needed.

I keep waiting to see one of the street corner imposters with a sign saying: "Got Change? Have Tats; can't work"

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
None here.

How many years did you serve in that Canoe Club?

Congratulations on your service.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm not getting one but if I did it would be a giant bluegill on my back rising to take a popping bug. Either that or I would shave my head and have a octopus on my head and the tentacles would run down my back and shoulders like long hair. grin

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NONE! And never will unless the Obama tribe tattoos me as I'm going into the concentration camp.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nary a one on this body.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope, nada, none.
I don't put bones in my noise, or wear grass skirts, or wear a ear ring, or chuck spears, or live in a thatched or mud hut or jump around like some idiot dancing either.
If that is what you want to do, go for it, I could care less, its just not for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
folks have been getting tats for ever. �

Yep.

But not nearly everybody.

Never in the numbers and extent that we see today.

im gonna call wrong on that, there was just a lull, before a couple hundred years ago they were extremely common in people even in Europe....Christians just did their best to stamp out the practice....they were common even in northern Europeans 500 years ago....know my ancestors fancied them fairly heavily....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really, all you have to do is walk through Walmart these days and get your fill of ink - if you think you need it eek

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
None here. Thought about it a couple times, just never found a reason to need one. I dont need anything other than myself to prove who I am, and im not about to brand myself to advertise for someone/something else.

Im pretty much anti tattoo. I wont date a woman that has publicly visible tattoo's, and if their chest or back is covered in them, its a complete turn off. I know its not true in most cases, but it instantly triggers slut status in my mind, and barring the occasional BJ in the Walmart parking lot, they are of little use for me.

I dont associate with men who have tattoo's either, for the most part. One of my friends has full sleeves on both arms, one of his military career, the other automotive related. Eyes tattoo'd on the back of his head, angels wings on his back(because he made it through life threatening injuries in the military)....hes about the only one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" ...
� Who here does not have at least one tattoo? "

I do not have any tatts. Getting one has never even crossed my mind. If others want them, okay, it's just not my style. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just about everyone, it seems, has tattoos today.

� Who here does not have at least one tattoo?

� Are tattoos a passing fad, or will they always be culturally ordinary?

I have none, and never will. I've been the unlucky (dumb is a better term in many of the injuries that caused the need for tying me back together again, admittedly) recipient of more than 500 sutures/staples to date and wear a host of other scars on my body. As such,I feel I have plenty of 'markings' on my carcass without feeling any need to mark it up any more. Plus, I just don't care for the way the vast majority of ink looks on people. Maybe one out of a thousand will appeal to my eye.

Barring tribal or indigenous peoples through history, I don't think tattoos have ever really been 'culturally ordinary', despite their now being fairly common, especially in the last 20 years.

One of these days someone will develop a hi-tech tattoo ink that degrades very slowly under all normal circumstances, except when the ink is exposed to a particular substance that breaks it down and makes the color disappear or allows same to be absorbed and dissipated in the body. So, for 20 days, 20 months or 20 years the 'owner' could keep it, but if they ever decided they were done with the tattoo, they could get a few injections and the tattoo would disappear. That person will become very, very rich.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Came home from my 14th Summer at sea with a VERY small "Fouled Anchor" on my left forearm. I'd paid $20 for it in Colon, Panama.

.......My Dad , the Master Mariner, was NOT impressed, and the Company Doctor was responsible for it's demise. I can barely make out the scar, that arms seen a few other scrapes and a lot of Sun.

GTC

Great story, Jefe.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I never had the desire to get one.
The scars i got growing up are mine.
Proud of them as well,i worked hard for them. grin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Guess most of the folks with lots of tats could always get on a New Bedford whaler as the principle harpoon thrower! Top hat and tomahawk pipe optional!

[Linked Image]

From the classic Papillon, with Steve McQueen: "It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't have one, and don't want one.

Harry
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
None here, either.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had a tatoo from the kick-back on a
table saw once. It didn't last too long
but it sure was pretty.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
No tats for me at 63 and I don't see any reason to start now. Got behind a guy in the grocery store a couple of days ago with both arms full of tats, using his EBT card.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never appealed to me.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
come to think of it, my brother in law, a retired navy cpo has a tattoo of a chicken on his ankle. When he was in the service in a bar he would bet other guys his cock hung closer to the ground then anybody else. As he wasn't a very big guy, bets were often taken as he took easy money by raising his pant leg a little bit.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 58 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,560
Posts18,531,582
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.