-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What type of society is that, TRH? I can guarantee that you don't have a clue about that at all, but you're welcome to try. I can see that you're trying to make this a personal attack on me since your position on the other thread has been destroyed by facts, so go right ahead. It's a rather weak attempt, though.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I wonder what is going to happen when the 3,000 soldiers sent to Africa start getting infected.................and I don't think it's a question of if, just a question of when.

MM

No, it is not a question of when. If you consider the numbers, at any given time there appears to be something less than 100 people infected in an area the size of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and the Dakotas.

Think about that. Think about it again. It would be difficult to find and be infected by one of 100 or so people in an area that size for us, and we have an excellent communication and transportation system to make it possible.

With decent protective gear and an adequate supply of chlorine bleach it has been demonstrated well more than just adequately a person can safely function for some few days. Where the problem arises is keeping the primary treatment personnel in that envelope of protection day in and day out for weeks at a time without error.

The soldiers are not in the primary treatment business. They are setting up field hospitals. Their exposure to active virus will be drastically limited. Unless they get stupid and open the envelope and expose themselves they have little risk. Just as the medical personnel here doing the primary care for the infected individuals brought here, or the virus scientists who have been working with the virus here have had zero infections in almost forty years.

When dealing with something like this, the probability of being perfect and remaining within the envelope is much, much higher for a minute or an hour or a single day than say a week or a month. It is more doable for more people than fewer. They must work withing a system designed to function without error to the extent possible. That means adequate time out of danger to resume extreme vigilance when returned to duty and enough support personnel to monitor and maintain process throughout.

There is no reason whatsoever to expect infection of these soldiers. All of them, all of their supervisory personnel and all of their contacts will be carefully monitored and recorded.

Last edited by MILES58; 09/30/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Anyone who traveled to those areas needs to be quarantined for ten days if they wish to reenter the US.
10 days?

Incubation period for Ebola is reportedly up to 21 days.
Make it 21 days, then.

damn your quick to take away rights when your scared arent you.....your ideals you try and preach about rights go right to chit when you get scared

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Signs of the virus" could also be a thousand other things.
It's stupid to assume it's Ebola before test results come in

OK, in the case of a recently returned traveler to Africa, could you please LIST the first five ?

Thanks,

GTC

Most symptoms, (fever, nausea, headache) are the same for most viruses.

Why pretend you don't understand these simple concepts?

No pretense,....

LIST the first five !

Or just STFU

seriously he is right, you want a list?

Gastroenteritis
Acute sinusitis
Aseptic meningitis
Aseptic meningitis
Tension headache
Food poisoning
Hepatitis A
Mononucleosis
Lyme disease
Chronic kidney disease
Influenza
and well over 100 others....think about it for a minute, the same damn symptoms start off most diseases and health issues hence the reason you have to go to the doc and have them do cultures to figure out just whats wrong....

now yeah someone coming back from west Africa that appears sick should be quarantined but quite frankly the guy may just have the flu.......and whats funny about all this is TRH advocationg it when this is gonna step on the rights and make cops the bad guy so anyone want to take bets the first time someone wants to leave and gets roughed up by cops cause he tried he is gonna be beotching about the cops....or is his fear of ebola worse than his fear of cops and the government?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
Anyone who traveled to those areas needs to be quarantined for ten days if they wish to reenter the US.
10 days?

Make it 21 days, then.

damn your quick to take away rights when your scared arent you.....your ideals you try and preach about rights go right to chit when you get scared

That one is going to sting quite a bit.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
course by his statement we should also be quarantining anyone that gets off a flight from Asia as thats where the real bad bugs have come from in the past and will come from in the future....

course at what point does individual freedoms go down the drain for safety of the majority.....i have a feeling this whole ebola thing is going to cause chit to go down the rabbit hole it should have in 2002-2003 with SARS and didnt but gonna have to get tested sometime...the clock is ticking down to the next Spanish Flu

Last edited by rattler; 09/30/14.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by rattler
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye]Anyone who traveled to those areas needs to be quarantined for ten days if they wish to reenter the US.
10 days?

Make it 21 days, then.

That one is going to sting quite a bit.

It is impossible to hurt Hawkeye's feelings for more than about five minutes or so.

Then he'll post some new idiocy as if nothing had happened to him this morning.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I am about to send one of my regular, mostly futile, emails to my congress creatures asking them to suspend refugee entries from any country with Ebola outbreaks.

Shouldn't have to ask. It should be automatic suspension of entry when this kind of thing happens. Our law makers are to busy making laws to control us.

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Nope. I simply stated facts. You, too, are welcome to assist the hospital with your expertise on the matter.

What does anything you said have to do with reporting it to the MEDIA?

Reporting ACTUAL cases is required
Show your proof they have to report "possible" cases

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By: crossfireoops

No pretense,....

I've long suspected you were really that dense
Thanks for the confirmation

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Please, feel free to go assist the hospital in dealing with this situation.

LOL, and assume they are not infected.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nope. I simply stated facts. You, too, are welcome to assist the hospital with your expertise on the matter.

What does anything you said have to do with reporting it to the MEDIA?

Reporting ACTUAL cases is required
Show your proof they have to report "possible" cases

The reporting is to CDC and state health agencies. That reporting is required in order to request CDC assistance in isolation and testing. See here: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6153a1.htm

Now, whether such reports are required to be released as public information is a separate matter. That would be the situation here. Figure out whether TX requires such information be released as a matter of public record or whether the CDC released it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What were we talking about again?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
What were we talking about again?

laugh

This train jumped the track a ways back... shocked

DF

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If Ebola is stateside, it's not good.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It would be fitting to point out that this didn't "Happen" to us.

It was DONE to us.

Than again, per some of our renowned Campfire epidemiology whizzes, he may just have a touch of food poisoning, or a headache crazy

We better relax, eh ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
If Ebola is stateside, it's not good.

You are 100% correct. This plays right into a possible Martial Law scenario not to mention a bunch of dead people.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
all i said was the basic symptoms, especially at the beginning are the same as 100 other things which they are....i also said he should be quarantined if he was showing said symptoms....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it's been confirmed as Ebola.

Next?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,071
Posts18,482,609
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.