Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12
That's four sides....you fuggers are square

But i'm voting for the guy who says we need PROBABLE CAUSE for a terry stop
You realize the only reason I'm quoting you,is to piss a certain someone off. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

You realize the only reason I'm quoting you,is to piss a certain someone off. grin

Like he doesn't have you on ignore too

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, the laws are written so police officers can do anything they want with little to no repercussions and attorneys who make it to prosecutor, etc. know that cops are useful for their purposes so they aren't apt to go after them very hard even when they doo violate laws. Don't know why you cop haters have a problem with that.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Well schit. cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well schit. cool

+1

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Mog75,this is what Gitem-12 and I are referring too.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...206246/Got_a_PM_this_morning#Post9206246

grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by RWE

No my implication is that the douchenozzle on the video decided to do something that was as close as being totally suspicious as possible, in order to goad a cop into breaking the law, and he succeeded.

contrast to a true pedestrian walking down the street and a cop thinking he looked suspicious and getting the same treatment.

I don't know why you think intentionally fomenting confrontation is warranted. You obviously justify the guy in the video, and, right or wrong, you certainly do it here.

Let's assume that he was filming or acting in a way that would cause suspicion to a police officer. The officer walks up and immediately asks for ID. Why?

Here's a cup of "None of Your Damn Business".

How about a nice cup of THE GUY PLEAD GUILTY TO PLANNING TO BOMB THE VERY SAME ABORTION CLINIC 8 YEARS AGO WHERE HE WAS VIDEO TAPING FOR THIS EVENT, AND PLEAD GUILTY TO PLANNING ON SHOOTING THE DOCTORS THERE, AND HAS PROBATION CONDITIONS TO KEEP HIS DISTANCE FROM ABORTION CLINICS, BUT SHOWED UP THERE ANYWAY TO BE AN ASS, AND THE COPS PROBABLY KNEW WHO THE GUY WAS ANYWAY, BUT WERE ACTUALLY BEING POLITE, AND TRH PRESENTED THIS DEBACLE AS HIS CAUSE DUJOUR, AND YOU FELL FOR IT, HIP DEEP, AS WELL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That's the funny thing about these threads. One side says, "I don't know what happened and neither do you, but I wish we did." The other side says, "I don't know what happened, but it must be whatever I imagined happened."

And then there's the side that says they didn't read the whole thread so let's go over the whole thing again from the beginning.

OK, I think I've got it. But just in case let's go over everything again, just start at the beginning.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by RWE

No my implication is that the douchenozzle on the video decided to do something that was as close as being totally suspicious as possible, in order to goad a cop into breaking the law, and he succeeded.

contrast to a true pedestrian walking down the street and a cop thinking he looked suspicious and getting the same treatment.

I don't know why you think intentionally fomenting confrontation is warranted. You obviously justify the guy in the video, and, right or wrong, you certainly do it here.

Let's assume that he was filming or acting in a way that would cause suspicion to a police officer. The officer walks up and immediately asks for ID. Why?

Here's a cup of "None of Your Damn Business".

However, if the cop walks up and engages in a professional and service-oriented manner and engages in casual discussion, the session may not escalate. That being said. The cops were 100% in the wrong. The guy knew his rights.

The cops can ask every person they meet on the street to see an ID. And every person is under no obligation to provide it unless they are told they are under suspicion of a crime, were a witness to a crime, or were observed committing a crime.

Would it have gone better if he just gives the cop his ID? Of course. In a couple of minutes he would be on his way, sans scrapes and bruises. But it is his RIGHT to not have to do that.
Hear hear.

Hear hear?

Don't expect the comments of one person who didn't get to the money shot to pull this debacle out of the [bleep].

If ever an epic fail meme was needed, you get it here.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This appears to be a set up to me & well planned. It seems some people are just looking for a way to discredit law enforcement. Under the circumstances it doesn't seem inappropriate to me to ask for ID. The cop was not aggressive until the jerk got the confrontation he staged.
I work in armed security at so called secure facilities in DC & the surrounding area. One facility had a meeting with many flag officers & politician's attending. As the dignitaries began to be picked up by limos a black man walked up carefully staying on public property. He began glaring at everyone & furiously texting on his phone. He was also glancing at a group of people at a Metro stop down the street. Probably, at someone using a camera phone. We called 911 & several of us began acting as a barrier between said dignitaries & jerk. Cops & SWAT arrived & the jerk ran away. Another example of someone trying to create a LE controversy. After about 30 minutes the jerk returned on public property as we monitored his movement on security cameras. The point is that with todays unstable nut jobs who is a risk & who isn't.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tbear
This appears to be a set up to me & well planned. It seems some people are just looking for a way to discredit law enforcement. Under the circumstances it doesn't seem inappropriate to me to ask for ID. The cop was not aggressive until the jerk got the confrontation he staged.
I work in armed security at so called secure facilities in DC & the surrounding area. One facility had a meeting with many flag officers & politician's attending. As the dignitaries began to be picked up by limos a black man walked up carefully staying on public property. He began glaring at everyone & furiously texting on his phone. He was also glancing at a group of people at a Metro stop down the street. Probably, at someone using a camera phone. We called 911 & several of us began acting as a barrier between said dignitaries & jerk. Cops & SWAT arrived & the jerk ran away. Another example of someone trying to create a LE controversy. After about 30 minutes the jerk returned on public property as we monitored his movement on security cameras. The point is that with todays unstable nut jobs who is a risk & who isn't.

You didn't read the thread either.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
This appears to be a set up to me & well planned.
It may well have been, but we either have our rights or we don't. If we do, and if they are routinely being violated, certain people will begin making intentional test cases of themselves in order to get legal resolution that will be applicable to the population at large.

It was the same with lunch counter sit-ins in the South when the signs said Whites Only. Blacks would come in in large numbers and sit there just so the police would be called, arrests would be made, and charges filed, thus putting the issue in the courts for resolution as to whether the police could be used to enforce racially discriminatory policies in business.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This appears to be a set up to me & well planned.
It may well have been, but we either have our rights or we don't. If we do, and if they are routinely being violated, certain people will begin making intentional test cases of themselves in order to get legal resolution that will be applicable to the population at large.

It was the same with lunch counter sit-ins in the South when the signs said Whites Only. Blacks would come in in large numbers and sit there just so the police would be called, arrests would be made, and charges filed, thus putting the issue in the courts for resolution as to whether the police could be used to enforce racially discriminatory policies in business.

You have got to be kidding me.

This has NOTHING to do with civil rights. This was a legitimate Terry stop of a domestic terrorist video taping the abortion clinic he planned to bomb once before and him in violation of court orders and parole.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager

This has NOTHING to do with civil rights. This was a legitimate Terry stop ...
Many Americans consider Terry stops a civil rights issue. See, for example, how they are routinely abused in New York City.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This has NOTHING to do with civil rights. This was a legitimate Terry stop ...
Many Americans consider Terry stops a civil rights issue. See, for example, how they are routinely abused in New York City.

Take that up with the SCOTUS or go to MD to defend this domestic terrorist who was in violation of parole and court orders video taping the same abortion clinic he plotted to bomb once before.

Explain how this was an invalid Terry stop, too, since you have refused to address that question many times over.

BTW - you are, in fact, now defending a domestic terrorist; a convicted felon who was in violation of parole and court orders and who was video taping the same clinic he plotted to bomb (and carried with the intent to commit murder) a firearm to in order to kill the doctors who worked there.

Last edited by 4ager; 10/01/14.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as members don't get to page 4 before typing, TRH may get someone to provide a hint of redemption.

At least rover had the decency to read the whole thing and quietly retreat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He'll be back now.

I find it interesting that in this thread, TRH is bloviating about civil rights because a domestic terrorist got caught in a legitimate Terry stop while violating court orders near the abortion clinic he once tried to bomb, and yet in one of the Ebola threads the same TRH is advocating for tossing anyone suspected of being exposed to Ebola in a government quarantine for several weeks. So much for civil rights there, eh?

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Y'all are [bleep]' with Hawk again by pointing out facts aren'tcha....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" It seems some people are just looking for a way to discredit law enforcement."

That's akin to setting Hawkeye up to make a fool of himself.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
BTW - you are, in fact, now defending a domestic terrorist; a convicted felon who was in violation of parole and court orders and who was video taping the same clinic he plotted to bomb (and carried with the intent to commit murder) a firearm to in order to kill the doctors who worked there.
I'll oppose the police when they abuse their authority regardless against whom they abuse it, because otherwise said abuse will be directed in my direction one day, or in the direction of folks I care about personally.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,921
Posts18,518,805
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.