Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rovering
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Rovering

You are spinning the fairy tale.

This is not a hypothetical. This is an actual factual case / outbreak. The patient that brought Ebola to Texas flew from the Ebola region on ordinary commercial flights, which would / should have been stopped by the FAA and ICAO TFRs that I suggested here and that I and other pilots have suggested and lobbied for elsewhere.

and the same guy coulda hopped a flight to Ghana, to London or Paris and then to the states....its a feel good action that actually accomplishes jack chit.........

Yours is the same fairy tale as Miles'.

An actual real Ebola case / outbreak has been flown to Texas that would not have happened if the TFRs had been in place.

Even stepping from real life into your fairy tail under the TFRs, your first two hypothetical flights would not have existed.

Ebola is in Texas tonight, only, because these TFRs were / are not in place.

and your counting on TFR's being enforced in a corrupt third world country great thinking there.......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jdm953
I think all thats known is that he left Liberia Sunday before last.Called paramedics last Sunday and taken to Presbyterian.Something to know is that Presbyterian is a top notch 21 century medical facility.This stuff dosnt bother them in the least.They know exactly how to contain it.They zeroed in on it with the first blood tests.They knew what is was really quick.Hes in the right place.

False. All who work at that hospital wonder if they came in contact with a door he touched. You would too. They worry about all the folks he came in contact with before the DX and all those he came in contact with, came in contact with.

CDC is now trying to run down thousands of people.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My daughter works there.The Doctor treating the Ebola is the doctor she works for.
Originally Posted by eyeball
I think all thats known is that he left Liberia Sunday before last.Called paramedics last Sunday and taken to Presbyterian.Something to know is that Presbyterian is a top notch 21 century medical facility.This stuff dosnt bother them in the least.They know exactly how to contain it.They zeroed in on it with the first blood tests.They knew what is was really quick.Hes in the right place.

False. All who work at that hospital wonder if they came in contact with a door he touched. You would too. They worry about all the folks he came in contact with before the DX and all those he came in contact with, came in contact with.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll repeat myself from the very first thread about ebola.

" And so it begins "

It's gonna become a big thing here. Once it gets to the cities, it'll spread quick.
Count on it.

My thoughts, we could use a good cleansing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My daughter works there.The Doctor treating the Ebola is the doctor she works for.

Well jdm953 are you worried about your daughter?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When the patient flew over here he was not contagious.He got sick a about five days later.Its true the paramedics are in quarantine but were placed there and not sick yet.They got a handle on this.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So this person was wondering around Dallas for a week after his visit to Liberia then got to feeling poorly and called the free ambulance ride to the hospital. Puts the fire dept guys in isolation for the next 21 days or so.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I talked with her when I heard about it.She made me feel better.Shes not worried about it.As far as she is concerned they got this covered.I do think about if it mutates,she is the mother of both my gransons (7&2).Shes not worried.
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Well jdm953 are you worried about your daughter?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the patient flew over here he was not contagious.He got sick a about five days later.Its true the paramedics are in quarantine but were placed there and not sick yet.They got a handle on this.

It's only been 3 days. Not time to get sick yet.
Worry is not with the fire dept guys so much as flight crew 8 days ago, all passangers on that plane, taxi drive home, wondering around for 5 days.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Those that are supposed to Know say he wasnt contagious when he got here.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
jdm953, you can not work around this and worry all the time. I understand that and your daughters attitude.
The worry is all the people on that plane, his family for the 5 days, his wondering around DFW for that time.

We will not know the answer to the above for at least 21 days and see who else gets sick.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a carrier then, wonder if that transfers to others.

wish the best for your daughter and the others involved in this Sir.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In case it got missed earlier my daughter is a paper pusher and will not come in direct contact with the patient.Shes spends most her time in the professional building, part of the hospital complex.Many buildings in that place.This will not go far if anywhere in Dallas.They got plenty of problems in Dallas but this isnt a biggy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Relax folks, the CDC says there is no chance of Ebola spreading to the US.

Actually, they have always said just the opposite, as any sane entity would.

Anyways, if Nigeria can do it......

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-outbreak-in-nigeria-appears-to-be-over.html?_r=0

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'll be

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...-not-cards-u-s-cdc-director-says-n169836

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I'll repeat myself from the very first thread about ebola.

" And so it begins "

It's gonna become a big thing here. Once it gets to the cities, it'll spread quick.
Count on it.

My thoughts, we could use a good cleansing.

You're a damned idiot who knows less about viruses/modern medicine than an average avocado does. Anyone who thinks "we could use a good cleansing" is an has no f'ing idea what that entails. I'd recommend you read "The Great Influenza" by John Barry but it's way too far above your reading comprehension, so stick with your coloring books. Lucky for you, viruses don't always kill the dumbest of pea brains. You'd be screwed if they did!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Relax folks, the CDC says there is no chance of Ebola spreading to the US.

Anyways, if Nigeria can do it......

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-outbreak-in-nigeria-appears-to-be-over.html?_r=0

This.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I'll be

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...-not-cards-u-s-cdc-director-says-n169836

Me too.... (the CDC guy in the article from your link)

�It is not a potential of Ebola spreading widely in the U.S. That is not in the cards,�

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My fiance is a respiratory therapist. And stubborn. I've tried to talk to her and put some logic in her head that if her hospital should get a case of ebola she should just call in, or resign. She refuses to listen. So I spoke to her boss and informed him, that should it happen and the resp. Dept soes not refuse to treat and work around the pt, and my fiance gets sick. i will hunt him down

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't think it'll be a big deal, but the news media is going to pimp it for every last bit of ratings. Who knows though.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,838 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.