-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
T
T
Hi Guys, Came across this thread. This is all great feedback. We are now in the process of coming out with a few new elite hunting stocks for next year that we will have ready for the 2015 Shot Show. One is a thumbhole and the other is a super light hunting folder. We are also in the process of working on a very slim downed version of a ultra light mountain stock ( like the eh3) , that is designed to work only with factory type hinged bottom metal. Our idea is to make it as narrow, contoured and light as possible. By doing this it will do away with the flat on the bottom of the stock, this flat was done because we still get a tremendous amount of guys that want to run a detachable mag system that takes the big AI mags. All will be 100% carbon fiber.

Would love to hear from you guys what features you would like to see and why. Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
1232 Swift
North Kansas, City. Mo 64116
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's what I like to hear Tom! Thanks for the info.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tmanners
Hi Guys, Came across this thread. This is all great feedback. We are now in the process of coming out with a few new elite hunting stocks for next year that we will have ready for the 2015 Shot Show. One is a thumbhole and the other is a super light hunting folder. We are also in the process of working on a very slim downed version of a ultra light mountain stock ( like the eh3) , that is designed to work only with factory type hinged bottom metal. Our idea is to make it as narrow, contoured and light as possible. By doing this it will do away with the flat on the bottom of the stock, this flat was done because we still get a tremendous amount of guys that want to run a detachable mag system that takes the big AI mags. All will be 100% carbon fiber.

Would love to hear from you guys what features you would like to see and why. Thank you very much,

I would like to see Manners manufacture their custom stocks with a much longer than 13.5" LOP.

When a guy is spending $3,000 on a custom rifle, the stock better be custom as well. This is one of my biggest gripes with Manners.

This is what you had to do to my EH-1 to make a 14.5" LOP. It looks like hell

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Can't wait to see it. I like my SL, but really dislike the square flat bottom.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I want to hear more about the slimmed down eh3

How soon until we can order

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

but am about to start development.

Does that mean.
Your going to.
DO A LADDER TEST? smile
Where you work up the powder charge.
TO FIND OUT WHERE THE LOAD HAS NO VERTICAL AT 500 YARDS? grin

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Slimmed down mountain rifle stock sounds great!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I would like to see Manners manufacture their custom stocks with a much longer than 13.5" LOP.

When a guy is spending $3,000 on a custom rifle, the stock better be custom as well. This is one of my biggest gripes with Manners.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I second every word of this! I have a EH-1 that is jacked up just like his. A 14.5" LOP should a well executed and available option not an abortion and eyesore.

Tom, I will not be purchasing anymore stocks from Manners until you can accommodate this nominal request. You guys make great stocks but not everyone is 5'10"...

Semper Fi

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I wish they would make a stock with a more open grip.

Looking at Manner's stocks it's obvious that they are unaware of the fact that people actually shoot/hunt offhand.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shhhhhhhh!

600!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

T
T
Originally Posted by haverluk

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I second every word of this! I have a EH-1 that is jacked up just like his. A 14.5" LOP should a well executed and available option not an abortion and eyesore.

Tom, I will not be purchasing anymore stocks from Manners until you can accommodate this nominal request. You guys make great stocks but not everyone is 5'10"...

Most guys will usually ask for a lop of 13.5 to 14 lop on a stock. I agree that on a super light weight hunting stock that adding a 7 ounce adjustable spacer system kind of defeats the purpose, and on a slim hunting stock, it kind of looks like ass. Just about all the elite hunting stocks will go out just a hair longer than 14" lop with a 1" pad except the SL which is about 13.6". About a month ago we actually stretched out the plug of the EH1 so that you can get about 14.5" lop with a 1/2" pad, if you want to go to 15" you can run a 1" butt pad but that will add about 3ounces to the stock. This EH1 mold will be up and making parts in about 4 weeks. We have also actually started to make changes to the LOP on the other elite hunter stocks so they will be the same, but it will probably take 3 months to get them all done and into production.

For the guys that got a Eh1 with a adjustable shoot me a PM.

Originally Posted by ShootOne

The new stock that we are working on is almost the same as the EH3. The forend will take up to a bart#4, to keep it slim, we where going to base the bart#4 on a long action with a 1 3/4" straight shank, if we go much wider for a longer shank it will add bulk and look big if a guy runs a short. The contour on bottom of the stock is based on only using a narrow factory BDL or ADL trigger guard. Because it will only take the smaller bottom metals it has a nice rounded bottom under the action. The max LOP with a 1" pad will be 15". The overall weight will end up about the same as the current Eh3 which is around 27ounces. We have had a lot of great feed back on the EH3 grip so we where planning on keeping it almost the same. This stock will be made in a few different mold configurations, the main one which will be for remington based actions, and a high back tang version for the Sako actions.

This is one of the stocks that we are rolling out for 2015, but we should have the first production samples mid Dec. Once we have the first parts out of the mold we will start taking orders.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
I wish they would make a stock with a more open grip.

Looking at Manner's stocks it's obvious that they are unaware of the fact that people actually shoot/hunt offhand.

Hi Steelhead, Out of the Elite hunter stocks they all do have some vertical in the grip, with maybe the exception of the EHT(tikka) stock which is more traditional and opened. Out of the other 5 the EH1 is really designed to be more of a long range hunting stock where guys are going to be shooting off a bipod and not so much off hand. The EH2 and EH4 are more of a dual purpose, they still feel good to shoot off hand but probably better from bipod. The SL and EH3 are the main two mountain rifle stocks which are very conformable shooting off hand. The grips do have a little vertical in them, but very trim and are designed to keep your hand at a more natural position to help with a straight back pull of the trigger. Out of these two the SL is my favorite. It seams like my personal guns get lighter and lighter every year, the days of lugging around a 12lb gun through the woods with a heavy tactical scope gets old. The cheek on the SL is set up for a small dia objective scope ( 3x12 or so ) mounted as low as possible to the bore. Just about all my hunting is done off hand, and since 90% of the game will be walking or running I rarely take a shot over 4 to 5 power. For the guys that want to run the more higher power tactical style scopes, the EH3 is a better choice. It will get your head up high and still give you a good cheek weld so you can see through the scope. I would be more than happy to drop a few stocks in the mail so you can get your hands on them to see how they fit you. We try to design to fit most guys, but the most important thing in picking out a stock from a manufacture is getting one that you are most comfortable with.

Great feedback guys, we always like to hear it. Thank you very much

Thomas Manners
1232 Swift
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

The new stock that we are working on is almost the same as the EH3. The forend will take up to a bart#4, to keep it slim, we where going to base the bart#4 on a long action with a 1 3/4" straight shank, if we go much wider for a longer shank it will add bulk and look big if a guy runs a short. The contour on bottom of the stock is based on only using a narrow factory BDL or ADL trigger guard. Because it will only take the smaller bottom metals it has a nice rounded bottom under the action. The max LOP with a 1" pad will be 15". The overall weight will end up about the same as the current Eh3 which is around 27ounces. We have had a lot of great feed back on the EH3 grip so we where planning on keeping it almost the same. This stock will be made in a few different mold configurations, the main one which will be for remington based actions, and a high back tang version for the Sako actions.

This is one of the stocks that we are rolling out for 2015, but we should have the first production samples mid Dec. Once we have the first parts out of the mold we will start taking orders.

I was hoping for a true mountain rifle stock, ala something along the lines of the Kimber Montana stock. Making a stock capable of handling a Bartlein #4 (which is freaking huge for a hunting rifle) seems like it wouldn't accomplish much over what you have.

I also agree with Steelhead that a more open grip would be strongly preferred to the current styles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tom is a personal friend of mine and a total class act. He really puts a lot of effort and thought into what each and every customer wants and needs...one of the good guys in the industry...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I know it's IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone. I don't like vertical gripped stocks. Fine for prone/bench, but it's seldom that I'm prone for a shot at game.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
T
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

I was hoping for a true mountain rifle stock, ala something along the lines of the Kimber Montana stock. Making a stock capable of handling a Bartlein #4 (which is freaking huge for a hunting rifle) seems like it wouldn't accomplish much over what you have.

I also agree with Steelhead that a more open grip would be strongly preferred to the current styles.
Hi , The Kimber mountain stock are super small. We supply Kimber with some of their tactical stocks and are working on a super light weight open grip small stock for their mountain rifles. We can do this for a remington based action and small barrel, but it will lock customers in on the options. What is the max barrel size and straight shank length that you guys would like to see a stock made for? Also what is the max size of scope objective that you would like to see a stock made for?

I made a mistake in my last post, i should have stated that the Eh3, eh2 and Sl forends are designed for a bart#3 with the #4 as max. With a #4 there is very little room at all on the edges. The bart #4 is like other manufactures #5 almost. If the max barrel is only going to be a #3 or small we can trim it down some more.

Great feed back, Thank you very much,

Thomas Manners
1232 Swift
816-283-3334
mannersstocks.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's great to hear that the guys who design and make the stocks are wanting feedback from shooters and hunters alike!! I have an EH3 on my stiller 260 and love it. I can't wait to see the new options hit the street. Thanks Tom!!

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Hi , The Kimber mountain stock are super small. We supply Kimber with some of their tactical stocks and are working on a super light weight open grip small stock for their mountain rifles. We can do this for a remington based action and small barrel, but it will lock customers in on the options. What is the max barrel size and straight shank length that you guys would like to see a stock made for? Also what is the max size of scope objective that you would like to see a stock made for?

I made a mistake in my last post, i should have stated that the Eh3, eh2 and Sl forends are designed for a bart#3 with the #4 as max. With a #4 there is very little room at all on the edges. The bart #4 is like other manufactures #5 almost. If the max barrel is only going to be a #3 or small we can trim it down some more.

Great feed back, Thank you very much,

Thanks so much for taking these things into consideration.

For a lightweight stock, a max contour around a #3 Douglas with a 1.25" shank would be what I'd look at. The design around slim or ADL bottom metal with a rounded undersection sounds like a great focus to me. Max scope would be ~42mm on the objective(?)...most low mounts (DNZ and Talley) will work with these. I'm more of a fan of an open grip as well but can live with the EH3 grip.

The EH3 I have is pretty light already. If these ideas are implemented the footprint of the stock is going to be reduced which will drop the weight a bit more...should be a very light stock.

Thanks again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Good to see you on here, Tom.

My next rifle will have either the EH3 or the SL on it.

I haven't had the opportunity to try the EH3 yet, but I really loved the feel of the SL when I shot it.

Awesome stock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tom Manners has some of the best customer service in the rifle industry - like scenarshooter said above, he is one of the good guys!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Tom is a personal friend of mine and a total class act. He really puts a lot of effort and thought into what each and every customer wants and needs...one of the good guys in the industry...

Agreed !! 100%.

Tom is a great guy and true Craftsman ! I was at his shop this year and was very impressed with his setup. He is what makes owning a Manners so easy, top notch stocks from a top notch builder !

Honored to call him a friend as well !

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (14idaho, 406_SBC, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.